IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

just bought a sportcross, new to lexus period. lookin to do tasteful mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-11, 06:09 AM
czum09
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You going to do anything with the grill?
Old 11-14-11, 07:15 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should just wrap the whole car! =)

IMHO.....I am not a fan. It's too much going on (I'm just referring to the hood). If you like it though.....then it's a win for you. I think you should get an aggressive type kit to compliment the carbon fiber. I do like how the carbon fiber looks on the hatch with the new inner tails....looks coo.

What happened to the sunroof visor?

Last edited by sway162; 11-14-11 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-14-11, 07:21 AM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sway162
You should just wrap the whole car! =)

IMHO.....I am not a fan. It's too much going on. If you like it though.....then it's a win for you. I think you should get an aggressive type kit to compliment the carbon fiber.

What happened to the sunroof visor?
just wait till i get everything on the car sway. right now people are 50/50 with the online opinions with liking and not liking, when i get the car finished it's gonna look pretty nasty. she's kinda in the middle growth phase when you're growing your hair out and it's not quite cool looking yet. lol far as the visor, that was the broken one, i put it up there to get opinions. Everybody said it was too busy with it on there. Maybe i'll just resell it when the replacement comes in. only reason i'd want to keep it is because it's jdm and hard to find. but back to the car, it's also a TOTALLY different look in person. it's very very very hard to justify the vinyl in pics. and no i'm not wrapping the whole car. i don't have a lambo, it's an old lexus. ha.

Originally Posted by czum09
You going to do anything with the grill?
going to leave the grill alone for now. i like black grills so don't really see a reason to swap it out other than just because it's factory. which isn't a good reason for me.
Old 11-14-11, 07:25 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

haha...yeah for sure bro....I'm sure it will look better once everything is done! I do like the hatch though.....the new inner tails looks clean with the carbon fiber. Nice contrast. I still think you should wrap the whole car! It's a Sportcross....not just an old Lexus! lol =)

You should get an Altezza sport mesh or a Ltuned carbon fiber....will look much better.
Old 11-14-11, 07:55 AM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

You should get an Altezza sport mesh or a Ltuned carbon fiber....will look much better.
i dunno. maybe...not a priority. gonna finish up the system. get a 10 put in and dynomat. also just ordered some jdm factory floor lights for the car. couldn't help myself.

oh and my girl loves the new look. she's rich and sexy hot oh so fine. love or hate the sticker, she picked it. lol. i'll post up some naked pics of her. IM JOKING! (going to let her read this)

rather have a hottie tell me my car looks awesome and then make out with me than have a dude tell me it's not their style. know what i'm saying!!!!!!??????
Old 11-14-11, 08:59 AM
baadhabit
Lexus Champion

you should wrap the entire car. not carboon but some off color. a buddy of mine wrapped his bimmer orange

http://phukingsick.com/wp-content/up...1/IMG_6178.jpg
Old 11-14-11, 09:44 AM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by baadhabit
you should wrap the entire car. not carboon but some off color. a buddy of mine wrapped his bimmer orange

http://phukingsick.com/wp-content/up...1/IMG_6178.jpg
im going simple. i'm not wrapping the whole car!!! i'll spend the 3k on my audi to do a full wrap. not this one. lol

http://youtu.be/FfAE7X9J4YA
Old 11-14-11, 10:06 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

You will thank me later once you upgrade your grill. =) Compliment your carbon wrapped hood with an aggressive looking grill bro! =)

I bet your girl will love it too! lol
Old 11-14-11, 10:19 AM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

You will thank me later once you upgrade your grill. =) Compliment your carbon wrapped hood with an aggressive looking grill bro! =)

I bet your girl will love it too! lol
lol. long as i can put the lexus emblem back on it. where can you find them at? these carbon fiber grills you love so much...sigh... you already jacked me over on the inner lights you know. lol. if i buy this grill and it looks like crap....
Old 11-14-11, 11:12 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

haha....but now you liking the new inner tails though right!?!? lol

Hit up DB8 on my.is. He's a legit vendor that will source you JDM quality products fast and ships hella quick. You can slap a Lexus emblem for sure. The l-tuned one comes in carbon fiber and the sport mesh altezza comes in any factory color. I think MSM painted mesh with a black pearl "L" emblem will look clean! The ltuned carbon fiber would match nice but it may be overkill? Whatever you decide to get....it will look 100x better than stock. =) Even the Altezza 3 bar grills will look good....especially the smoked option.
Old 11-14-11, 09:31 PM
spdsation
Driver School Candidate

any of you sportcross owner want to sell me the front bumper?
Old 11-15-11, 08:16 AM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

First a guy wants to buy stock wheels on my thread, now I gotta guy wanting to buy a bumper.... Sigh....
Old 11-15-11, 08:37 AM
sway162
Lexus Champion

haha!

I may sell my bumper soon. =)
Old 11-15-11, 11:40 AM
Zstuddin
Pole Position

*update
Dropping car off tomorrow to start the measurements and work on a 10 inch sub getting put in the wheel well, amp and capacitor. Also getting the dyno mat put in trunk and front doors
Old 11-15-11, 12:16 PM
czum09
Driver

Yea that actually does look nice. Grill forsure though.

Quick Reply: just bought a sportcross, new to lexus period. lookin to do tasteful mods