IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

[b]What could be better than having a 2JZ-GTE installed???[/b]

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-02, 12:14 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because you can do something doesn't mean it is cool to do. Lets see, maybe you can be the first to put wings on and IS300 and take off into the blue skies!!! lol

Anyway, if you are running your stock twins on that, I will race you and we can see if your BIG $$ motor can beat my little 2JZ-GE engine.
Old 10-05-02, 01:50 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, someone tries to show us his car and allready gets asked to race, LOL.
Old 10-05-02, 01:55 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

that was kinda funny... I am not here to throw out race offers... just stating some info I have gathered from very reputable tuners who work on the 2jz motor in very high hp form.. and relaying the info on to the fellow CL members... this post was not meant to bash anyone.. but he took it out of context and became the know it all....
Old 10-05-02, 01:55 PM
gte
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't check this forum much, so you'll have to come on down to .net
the vvti will add power, even with boost, but only if controlled properly, otherwise power will be up, torque will be down, especially on the IS, which is designed and tuned by toyota to be n/a. if you planned on using the vvti GTE ecu, toyota is not stupid, and the power losses or need for adjustment will not be nearly as great.
lets see if you can even get the motor installed and working, that'll be the first test you need to pass, then will see if you can do anything with the vvti

as for this being the first time anyone has seen the vvti turbo supra motor, i've been referencing it for 2 years, shown pics back then, and you are toysports ***** if you think you are the first to use the vvti in a lexus or a toyota

read em and weap

http://www.toysport.com/new%20articl...IN%20TURBO.htm (make sure to read to the bottom of the page)

(i love bursting your bubble apprentice)

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13319753

let me know if you need any tips on how to swap the motor apprentice

FIRST 2jzgte/6speed swap

-gte (you're friendly sensei )

Last edited by gte; 10-05-02 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-05-02, 08:11 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Ok, ok sorry, but I just thought it was funny. Emog is right though, that the vvti if not controlled with a vvti controller will retard your timing horribly at high hp levels and cause detonation. On the GE engine, you must remove the vvti at high hp or you will detonate and destroy the engine. As emog says, this is common knowledge. I just think it is funny how someone would spend all this money just to "say" that he has a 2JZ-GTE engine in his car. First, you can get much more hp out of a turbo'd stock IS300 engine then you will with the stock twins on the 2JZ-GTE. Second, you will spend like $20,000 for this conversion and for that amount you could be pulling 600 rwhp on the 2JZ-GE. Sorry, but I find this funny.
Old 10-05-02, 09:58 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

unless you are IS300GTE then you can do this all on your own...damn I wish I had the tools and knowledge to do my OWN GTE swap.. not to mention time.... that is why I give him props... he did all his OWN work.. you gota love that
Old 10-05-02, 10:16 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer

The HP comment I made was not referring to you.. it was referring tot VVTI on a GE motor... giving out info to ppl is what we do here.. not flame ppl...
Then put it on another post and don't mislead people to think the VVT-i on the turbo models are ineffective.

If you had something to explain then you could have done it in a better manner then you did..

If you want to talk about manners, you could of shown some encouragement and welcomed new members, such as myself. But no, you knock my first post with false and misleading information. I only had to explain in defense to rectify your ridiculous statements.

If you feel like you are being attacked you are not.. and I can only assume you wired in the Stock GTE VVTI- ECU into your IS?

That’s your problem, you assume too much. When in doubt I generally practice to ask first. In my second post I gave you the opportunity to answer my questions, which you still have yet to answer. You have only added all this B.S. and turned things around to make me look silly. Well surprise! you picked the wrong guy to pick on.

if the stock ECU's are so great why is it that all real race cars use standalone's?

A classic example of your ridiculous comments...LOOK AT MY FIRST POST! I HAD NO MENTION OF HP OR RACING. ...if standalones are so great why is it that all real street cars use ECU's? RACE CARS ARE FOR RACING!

as afar as the timing and VVTI issues go on the NA motor that is turbocharged... does that make possibly 3 of the major tuners in the US for IS300's wrong or liars?

Neither, it makes 3 of the major tuners to speak for themselves rather to have someone like you misinterpret their findings.

also if you read I said it can be used with high boost and high hp if you have something to control it...I never said there is no hope again please read threads...

WOT is WOT. Control what? Now are you talking in reference to your GE or is this directed towards the GTE?

as far as your racing comment goes.. well yes there are cars that have run 9's that have stock parts in it...on a few supra's..... so what does not make sense/.?

(sigh…)

we are not here to insult ppl...... havea nice day.. and I see you have brought the same thing up on IS300.net... that wil be interesting...

Yes I did, but that was only after YOU did. I see your starting to question yourself, huh? In honesty I think that would be in your best interests. I’ve got better things to do than to argue here. My experience is fairly extensive and my intentions are only to share. As well I practice not to assume the unknown and I am open to suggestions.(realistic ones) Before you comment any further, may I suggest you search and review my past posts from the other forums such as supraforums,nsxprime…
Old 10-05-02, 10:19 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Originally posted by IS300GTE
i don't check this forum much, so you'll have to come on down to .net
the vvti will add power, even with boost, but only if controlled properly, otherwise power will be up, torque will be down, especially on the IS, which is designed and tuned by toyota to be n/a. if you planned on using the vvti GTE ecu, toyota is not stupid, and the power losses or need for adjustment will not be nearly as great.
lets see if you can even get the motor installed and working, that'll be the first test you need to pass, then will see if you can do anything with the vvti

as for this being the first time anyone has seen the vvti turbo supra motor, i've been referencing it for 2 years, shown pics back then, and you are toysports ***** if you think you are the first to use the vvti in a lexus or a toyota

read em and weap

(i love bursting your bubble apprentice)

let me know if you need any tips on how to swap the motor apprentice

FIRST 2jzgte/6speed swap

-gte (you're friendly sensei )
Thank you for the picture but I’m fully aware of it. By the way that’s a GS not an IS. And if you’re just counting swaps then you are not the first as well. I wasn’t claiming it to be the one and only… “This may possibly be one of the first Twin Turbo VVT-I in the states…”

The VVT-i will not hinder the upper end when compared with the standard GTE. The VVT-i enhances the lower end, which had increased torque from 44kgm/3600rpm to 46kgm/3600rpm.

I read the bottom of the page, if anything it only strengthens my point.

First of all your not bursting my bubble, it not my IS300, it’s DADALI’s. It’s quite obvious that the only bubbles that are bursting are those who think their IS300 is above the rest, like yourself. You can’t handle the fact that this swap is one step above yours. Well step aside and make room for the new kid in town cause I assure you, this isn’t being put together by some amateur. As I have already suggested to EMO it would be wise that you do the same.

Saiyonara,

Sensei

Last edited by Choritsu-shi; 10-05-02 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-05-02, 11:54 PM
rubley1
Driver School Candidate

Default Who the f#ck is editing my posts??

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
and I am sure the stock ECU if it is using one is made for that POWER with VVTI DUMBASS..... THE IS300 however is NOT.... hmmmmmmm who feels DUMB now// not me... try again

and if you could read.... you would realize OTHER cars are not the issue here... we are talkin about the IS300 try to comprehend what you are reading it helps when you respond to posts..
To think I actually sent in money to keep this site running a while back... and what kind of thanks do I get? Some punk #ss moderator with no brains at all disables my account and some other punk #*** edits my message...

I feel so dumb now, your thoroughly articulate and eductated response has left me speechless... not!

I'd love to hear a discourse about the deficiencies of the stock ECU when it comes to valve timing, problem is you don't know what you're talking about. You have no idea how the ECU chooses to regulate the valve timing. You think you know a lot about engines because you hang out at dragstrips.

D*****!!!

*nudge* *nudge* Honestly, thank you for stopping by on ClubLexus.

Last edited by Static911; 10-06-02 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-06-02, 01:38 AM
DevilDog
Lead Lap

Please reframe from foul language. This goes for everyone! This is a great site with many great members. Let's keep it that way.

Rubley1: Look who changed your post, Static911 (owner of CL). Calling him names will get you nowhere. He also is the only person here who can ban a member.

Thanks!

DD

Forum rules: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/Mem...mberrules.html

Actually, four people on ClubLexus have the banning power.

Last edited by Static911; 10-06-02 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-06-02, 02:35 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

yep you are right.. have a nice day

FYI: I closed the thread due to flaming. Just to let everyone know, if you flame a moderator, you are automatically banned from ClubLexus without warning(s). Please discuss "hot" topics in a civilized manner. Thank you for your attention.

Last edited by Static911; 10-06-02 at 02:49 AM.