Search this Thread

Old 10-04-02, 03:40 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up [b]What could be better than having a 2JZ-GTE installed???[/b]

How about a 2JZ-GTE with VVT-i...

Sensei

Last edited by Choritsu-shi; 10-04-02 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-04-02, 03:47 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

hmmmn... try this instead

http://www.brucenomura.com/images/VVT-iIS300a.jpg

Last edited by Choritsu-shi; 10-04-02 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-04-02, 03:53 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

well the GTE motor without VVTI would be even better.. because after a certain HP range the VVTI actually hurts you instead of helps you... so i would take a non VVTI motor instead and yes I am disabling my VVTI to enable me to run more boost... on a consisten basis...
Old 10-04-02, 05:17 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: [b]What could be better than having a 2JZ-GTE installed???[/b]

Originally posted by Choritsu-shi
How about a 2JZ-GTE with VVT-i...

Sensei

Awesome stuff!!
Is it your car?
Old 10-04-02, 06:09 PM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
well the GTE motor without VVTI would be even better.. because after a certain HP range the VVTI actually hurts you instead of helps you... so i would take a non VVTI motor instead and yes I am disabling my VVTI to enable me to run more boost... on a consisten basis...
Oooh I see, so I'm sure you wouldn't mind telling me what this "certain HP range"is, would you? In fact, now that you've raised my curiosity, can you please tell me what exactly is the VVT-i doing that causes this "hurts you" condition to occur? I'm assuming you have these answers because you are disabling your VVT-i, which I'm sure was no easy task to figure out. I can't imagine how your car would even start considering how dependent these Toyota's are to their ECU's.

Gosh, and to think... having some of the best engineers in the world, that Toyota would even consider to choose this VVT-i technology on several other engines throughout their whole line-up. It's a wonder how the Yaris VVT-i, which in 1999 won the very top "Engine of the Year" award for its 1.0 litre VVT-i engine - in 2000 took the Engine of the Year award in the 1.0 to 1.4 litre category, with its 1.3 litre VVT-i engine? Anyways, thank you for your input and I anxiously await to hear your answers.

Sensei
Old 10-04-02, 07:31 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

well without something to control the VVTI on hp ranges higher then 500 rwhp the VVTI timing seems to retard and causes detonation... which is a big reason why tuners like toyomoto who have made 600 rwhp at the wheels choose to go with a standalone ECU to by pass the VVTI or control it..... so it has been tested in the US at very reputable shops that are makin over 600 rwhp in the VVTI 2jz-GE motor that detonation does occur because of the VVTI....

does that answer your question....
Old 10-04-02, 09:05 PM
nismo270R
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lets see you get a VVT-i engine up to 1000k hp or more, then talk. Till then emo knows more than you.
Old 10-04-02, 09:44 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

I mean dont get me wrong it is a good motor... but without soemthing to control the VVTI at high HP numbers (500 on up at the wheels) the stock ECU and VVTI will hurt you....not help you..kinda like why 10 sec. hondas no longer run Vtec... make sense to you now?
Old 10-05-02, 12:56 AM
rubley
Driver School Candidate

Let's see, the Ferrari Enzo makes 660 horsepower at 7,800 rpm and 485 pound-feet of torque at 5,500 rpm with variable valve timing. Why don't you give them a call use your wealth of engine knowledge to explain how they did it wrong... dumbass

Thanks for stopping by on ClubLexus.

Last edited by Static911; 10-05-02 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-05-02, 01:34 AM
DADALI

Originally posted by rubley
Let's see, the Ferrari Enzo makes 660 horsepower at 7,800 rpm and 485 pound-feet of torque at 5,500 rpm with variable valve timing. Why don't you give them a call use your wealth of engine knowledge to explain how they did it wrong... dumbass

all i can say is : .....etc

<--- Me too

Last edited by Static911; 10-05-02 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-05-02, 02:29 AM
nismo270R
Rookie

Originally posted by rubley
And your point is? S.W's supra doesn't have VVT-i and he could run laps around the enzo. How many VVT-i car's run 8's on DOT legal tires?
Old 10-05-02, 03:34 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

and I am sure the stock ECU if it is using one is made for that POWER with VVTI DUMBASS..... THE IS300 however is NOT.... hmmmmmmm who feels DUMB now// not me... try again

and if you could read.... you would realize OTHER cars are not the issue here... we are talkin about the IS300 try to comprehend what you are reading it helps when you respond to posts..

Last edited by EmoDragRacer; 10-05-02 at 03:37 AM.
Old 10-05-02, 07:56 AM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Toyota's Variable Valve Timing-intelligent (VVT-i) technology controls the intake valves, closing them sooner at low engine speeds to reduce knocking, and leaves them open at high speeds to reduce pumping losses to the cylinder. Toyota's VVT-i technology also varies the valve timing along a 60-degree continuum, providing the optimal amount of air, while providing efficient combustion at all engine speeds.

It's such a shame to see how much misleading information is created by a community and by it’s leaders, which is supposedly dedicated to being the ultimate source for all possible related items and information.

Sensei
Old 10-05-02, 09:37 AM
Choritsu-shi
Driver

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
well without something to control the VVTI on hp ranges higher then 500 rwhp the VVTI timing seems to retard and causes detonation... which is a big reason why tuners like toyomoto who have made 600 rwhp at the wheels choose to go with a standalone ECU to by pass the VVTI or control it..... so it has been tested in the US at very reputable shops that are makin over 600 rwhp in the VVTI 2jz-GE motor that detonation does occur because of the VVTI....

does that answer your question....
Good grief! Are you for real? No, obviously that doesn’t answer any of my questions now does it?
This was only my first post and I know it had nothing to do with 500hp or even 600 hp. Is this the highest level of intelligence that I am going to be dealing with here? By just looking at the picture, one can easily see that it's STOCK ! (and not even running yet) It obviously shows no hints to attempt big power. I was just thinking to share something that would be appreciated among fellow Toyota owners.
What makes this one so unique is that the Sequential Twin Turbo VVT-i 2JZGTE has NEVER been available here in the U.S.A., let alone seen! And seeing statements made by you it’s clear that not much is known either! This may possibly be one of the first Twin Turbo VVT-I in the states, which we all can learn from. But it’s people like you who are too quick to judge without really ever knowing and give the possibilities no hope.

In addition its paired with the bigger and much stronger 4spd Intelligent Shift Transmission(E-shift) found on the Twin Turbo Aristos and Twin Turbo Supras in Japan. I not claiming to win any races or break any records it’s just an IS300 made for the street. VVT-I or VTEC, any car set-up to run 10 or 8 seconds in a quarter mile is not going to have a whole lot of stock parts period! So your answer is, “NO, you make no sense of it at all” There is so much more in building a street car than to build a race car.

You may notice that this Sequential Twin Turbo VVT-i 2JZ-GTE is not a Normally Aspirated VVT-i 2JZGE which you are refering to. When producing big power under heavy loads with turbocharging, supercharging or even Nitrious Oxide the general rule is to RETARD TIMING to avoid detonation. In normally aspirated, higher compression engines, the timing advances as power increases, yet an ECU doesn’t know whether a turbocharger has been added or not, so it continues to advance the timing, causing detonation. This is one of the reasons why tuners modify or create a whole new map to match the new engine characteristics. Although great for racing and advanced as they are, aftermarket stand alone systems aren’t capable of replicating ALL the functions that a factory ECU has.

Detonation will easily occur in most all normally aspirated engines that have added some type of forced induction. It's not the VVT-i that causes detonation, it the added boost!

Saiyonara,

Sensei
Old 10-05-02, 10:54 AM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Choritsu-shi

Good grief! Are you for real? No, obviously that doesn’t answer any of my questions now does it?
This was only my first post and I know it had nothing to do with 500hp or even 600 hp. Is this the highest level of intelligence that I am going to be dealing with here? By just looking at the picture, one can easily see that it's STOCK ! (and not even running yet) It obviously shows no hints to attempt big power. I was just thinking to share something that would be appreciated among fellow Toyota owners.
What makes this one so unique is that the Sequential Twin Turbo VVT-i 2JZGTE has NEVER been available here in the U.S.A., let alone seen! And seeing statements made by you it’s clear that not much is known either! This may possibly be one of the first Twin Turbo VVT-I in the states, which we all can learn from. But it’s people like you who are too quick to judge without really ever knowing and give the possibilities no hope.

In addition its paired with the bigger and much stronger 4spd Intelligent Shift Transmission(E-shift) found on the Twin Turbo Aristos and Twin Turbo Supras in Japan. I not claiming to win any races or break any records it’s just an IS300 made for the street. VVT-I or VTEC, any car set-up to run 10 or 8 seconds in a quarter mile is not going to have a whole lot of stock parts period! So your answer is, “NO, you make no sense of it at all” There is so much more in building a street car than to build a race car.

You may notice that this Sequential Twin Turbo VVT-i 2JZ-GTE is not a Normally Aspirated VVT-i 2JZGE which you are refering to. When producing big power under heavy loads with turbocharging, supercharging or even Nitrious Oxide the general rule is to RETARD TIMING to avoid detonation. In normally aspirated, higher compression engines, the timing advances as power increases, yet an ECU doesn’t know whether a turbocharger has been added or not, so it continues to advance the timing, causing detonation. This is one of the reasons why tuners modify or create a whole new map to match the new engine characteristics. Although great for racing and advanced as they are, aftermarket stand alone systems aren’t capable of replicating ALL the functions that a factory ECU has.

Detonation will easily occur in most all normally aspirated engines that have added some type of forced induction. It's not the VVT-i that causes detonation, it the added boost!

Saiyonara,

Sensei

The HP comment I made was not referring to you.. it was referring tot VVTI on a GE motor... giving out info to ppl is what we do here.. not flame ppl...

If you had something to explain then you could have done it in a better manner then you did..

If you feel like you are being attacked you are not.. and I can only assume you wired in the Stock GTE VVTI- ECU into your IS?

if the stock ECU's are so great why is it that all real race cars use standalone's?

as afar as the timing and VVTI issues go on the NA motor that is turbocharged... does that make possibly 3 of the major tuners in the US for IS300's wrong or liars?

also if you read I said it can be used with high boost and high hp if you have something to control it...I never said there is no hope again please read threads...

as far as your racing comment goes.. well yes there are cars that have run 9's that have stock parts in it...on a few supra's..... so what does not make sense/.?

we are not here to insult ppl...... havea nice day.. and I see you have brought the same thing up on IS300.net... that wil be interesting...

Last edited by EmoDragRacer; 10-05-02 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: [b]What could be better than having a 2JZ-GTE installed???[/b]