IS SportCross

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-02, 04:12 PM
Bruinjohn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS SportCross

Merry Xmas everyone!

Just joined the forum on Christmas morning 2002 and wanted to say hi to everyone. Also, after six months of waiting we finally got our all decked out special order 2003 Solar Yellow IS300 SportCross from Longo Lexus in Los Angeles. We drove down to LA from San Francisco in one day to pick up our SportCross and it was well worth the effort! The car is so sweet and we get a lot of long looks from other IS drivers here in the Bay Area! Through the special ordering process, Longo has offered exemplary service! Longo Lexus also estimated that we have one of maybe 25 Solar Yellow IS300 SportCrosses ever made, and maybe one of 10 that is fully decked out. Talk about having an exclusive car!

I want to also share with you all a bad experience we had with a bay area Lexus dealer who shall remain nameless. During mid June 2002 I "special" ordered a 2002 Solar Yellow IS300 SportCross from <bleep> Lexus and gave them a $1,000 deposit. I knew Lexus is no longer making Solar Yellows (because my sales person told me over and over again) unless I special order one. Then she informs me my car will arrive in about 3 months; so I patiently waited.

About one month later, my sales person called me and told me she quit and I have a new sales person. But she assured me that my special order car was on its way. A couple days later, my new sales person called and said if I have any questions, please call him.

By middle of September, 3 months later, I hadn't heard anything about my special order car so I called my sales person who then proceeded to tell me that my special ordered car was not in any of the recent and upcoming shipments. He basically asked me if I would settle for another color. Obviously, I was fummed, disappointed and frustrated and asked to speak to the sales manager who immediately said that I didn't special order the Solar Yellow SportCross.

This "dealer" botched our order and didn't even apologize. The sales manager simply brushed me off and said that we didn't "special" order the Solar Yelloe SportCross after cashing our $1,000 deposit and making us wait 3 months. He made me feel like their mistake was my fault and that I shouldn't blame anyone but myself. Then he back tracked and was willing to take the time and the "trouble" to "special" order one for me, but I'll have to wait another 3-4 months. AND on top of all this, he had the audacity to call me a new customer when I bought an RX300 from them AND my family bought $250,000 worth of Lexus in a matter of 4 months in 1999! Since then my family and I have been so dissatisfied with this particular Lexus dealer that we bought an ES300 and an SC430 from other Lexus dealers instead.

After this ordeal, it is no wonder Lexus has dropped behind the likes of Saturn in customer buying experience. I used to receive top notch service from any Lexus dealer I walk into. I guess that is not the case anymore.

Hope my experience in"special" ordering helps someone when s/he is going to special order a car.

Now that I've calmed down, I will go out a take a spin in our new Solar Yellow IS300 SportCross!

John
Old 12-26-02, 06:32 AM
xsfo
Pole Position

C'mon, name the dealer. Ok, maybe a hint? Rhymes with...?
Old 12-26-02, 02:56 PM
DJPoop
Driver School Candidate

Thats a long story....is there a Cliff's Notes version?

Congrats on the ride.
Old 12-27-02, 04:57 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

Bruinjohn,

I can definitly identify with you on that story. I had a similar experience with a dealer in AZ when I was trying to get the Mazda Protege 5. Obviously they kept jerkin me around and now I have a Lexus

Enjoy your new ride!