IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Young and New to Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-13, 05:30 PM
SpeedyAGM
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My background is complicated, I'm not spoiled. Just the average story. Dad ran out on me when i was a younger and his way of paying me back is buying me a car (he's quite rich) not the best way to pay me back but hey ill take it. Im not gonna go off modding the car and racing it just to pick up chicks, i just genuinely want the car. but im 15 almost 16 turning 16 in june. Im getting a job soon where my brothers work so ill be able to handle the cars expenses on my own (gas, maintenance) i shouldve explained myself more in the question. My Apologies.
Old 04-15-13, 10:10 PM
bl3ujay07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SpeedyAGM
My background is complicated, I'm not spoiled. Just the average story. Dad ran out on me when i was a younger and his way of paying me back is buying me a car (he's quite rich) not the best way to pay me back but hey ill take it. Im not gonna go off modding the car and racing it just to pick up chicks, i just genuinely want the car. but im 15 almost 16 turning 16 in june. Im getting a job soon where my brothers work so ill be able to handle the cars expenses on my own (gas, maintenance) i shouldve explained myself more in the question. My Apologies.
In that case, take it!

Hook me up with that job too then! I only have an is300 and I find myself struggling with gas and maintenance sometimes!
Old 04-19-13, 12:31 PM
CYNE
Driver

Originally Posted by bl3ujay07
Wonder why all you guys care about how old he is or how "spoil" he may be! Dtcsurfer, at 17, maybe you should concentrate more on doing school and such and less time working your *** off for your is300. Not an attack, i am just saying because i made that mistake.

We all will make mistake and we grow from it. If his parents are balling and willing to buy him a is350, i say take it, not for the sheer power or anything, but just as a damn chick magnet! He has yet to mention what his plan is yet with the car. Maybe he is just going to use it as a chick magnet! Knowing me, i probably wouldn't just use it as a chick magnet, but people are different. Can't just assume.

OP, i say go for it if your parents are willing to buy you one. However, if you have to try and work to pay for it, i say don't. Don't loose focus on your education because cars can be a huge distraction, or for me at least.
rather get an is250 if its just a chick magnet. save on gas and save your life

maturity is a big thing with it but when youre young you want to have fun and you try a lot of crazy things you wouldnt even dare when youre older. itd be much safer to do this nonsense in a slow 150hp car than a 300hp rwd sports luxury sedan. even if he doesnt hurt himself, hurting the car is a lot of money.

also, working your *** off for your car will let you appreciate it a lot more than having daddy swipe his credit card for you

Originally Posted by SpeedyAGM
well in that case i say you take it. tell him you want rims, tint, and all that as well LOL do a full is350 VIP setup or something