IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300 vs BMW330i vs Acura TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-03, 10:27 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

What does age have to do with this? How old are you?

You are right the TL and the IS aren't in the same class. But ronimal was the one who said his TL handled better than an IS. I'm not going to let false statements stand.

As far as IS300.net goes, ask your friend about me on .net. I'm sure he'll recognize my SN. Go check out the RaceRelated Forum on that site. While you're there check out my sig. I'm uniquely qualified to offer advice. I'm also right that's what really pisses you off though.

Here's the RaceRelated link.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

Originally posted by SilverBullet

Well the guy who I know that drove my car is part of the is300.net club. So I take his opinion more than yours.

Personally you have left a bad taste in my mouth about Lexus owners. You have nothing to prove. The IS300 isn't even in the same league as the TL. Compare the new TSX to the IS300 yes, but not the TL. TL is a little higher due to its size and configuration.

How old are you anyways? LOL Grow up.
Old 01-12-03, 10:31 PM
SilverBullet
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

Originally posted by IS_Dude
What does age have to do with this? How old are you?

You are right the TL and the IS aren't in the same class. But ronimal was the one who said his TL handled better than an IS. I'm not going to let false statements stand.

As far as IS300.net goes, ask your friend about me on .net. I'm sure he'll recognize my SN. Go check out the RaceRelated Forum on that site. While you're there check out my sig. I'm uniquely qualified to offer advice. I'm also right that's what really pisses you off though.

Here's the RaceRelated link.
http://www.is300.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

FYI, you still can NOT deny a modded CL-S with suspension mods, springs, and sways will defintely handle as good or better than a stock IS300. Until you have driven one to compare you have no clue and no cloat.

U give your age I will give mine. You still haven't answered the question, but even if you don't. You can't be older than 25 from the way you are acting.

Seems you are very biased. I love the IS300, GS, Lexus period. I can't be biased. I have one of each brand in our family!
Old 01-12-03, 10:36 PM
SilverBullet
Driver School Candidate

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13324438

wow!! Look at that body lean!!! I see it pushing in almost every turn. One turn you did fish the tail out but that was it. LOL!

Oh please give me a break. My car with suspension doesn't hardly lean like that. lol
Old 01-12-03, 10:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

Care to race?

I know plenty of people in your area that only have a front sway on their IS with stock springs and Koni shocks. I might be able to get a friendly challenge put together.

The TL doesn't handle as well as the IS, in any configuration.

It weighs nearly 3600lbs and it's got a weight distribution of 62/38. Can you say "push".........

funny what did i say wrong? i only said a modded tls will outhandle a stock is300, and stock to stock or mod to mod, is will win....

and no, i like to compare cars, but i don't like to race
Old 01-12-03, 10:41 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

Yes I can deny it. For the sole and specific reason of the helical LSD. If it had a Torsen LSD I might give it a chance but with only springs, sways, and shocks or coilovers and sways you won't be able to compete. I'm not biased I just know what I'm talking about.

I don't have to drive the IS to tell you what class it's in. Are you so nieve as to tell me that you won't accept SCCA Classifications as to where a car belongs. Those mods on the CL-S will put you in the STS class. That class is below DS. You're CLS will NOT, I repeat NOT, hang with a stock config IS300.

You missed my point on that age thing. I stated "What does age have to do with this?. How old are you" It was ironic and should of brought about a laugh.... oh well I didn't expect you to get it anyhow...

FYI, you still can NOT deny a modded CL-S with suspension mods, springs, and sways will defintely handle as good or better than a stock IS300. Until you have driven one to compare you have no clue and no cloat.

U give your age I will give mine. You still haven't answered the question, but even if you don't. You can't be older than 25 from the way you are acting.

Seems you are very biased. I love the IS300, GS, Lexus period. I can't be biased. I have one of each brand in our family!
Old 01-12-03, 10:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ok, knock it out guys, it's good for discussion here, but not wars. anymore flames here and i will take action. stay it on topic, discuss difference between the cars, i am fine. if you take it and talk about either tls/cls is trash, or vice versa that is300 is trash, you get yourself in touble.

anything personal take it to pm or leave it.

and IS_Dude, i strongly suggest you read carefully first before saying "But ronimal was the one who said his TL handled better than an IS. I'm not going to let false statements stand."

first, i said a modded tls/cls will out handle STOCK is300, and stock vs stock or modded vs modded the is300 win win.

second, i said that since i drove BOTH cars on more than quite a few occasions, and that's why i can tell between the stock tls/cls, modded tls/cls, and stock is300.

if you have driven both cars your opinions are more than welcome.
Old 01-12-03, 10:45 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Well then it should pose no threat to you then should it?

That's a good find btw.

That's the IS biggest problem in stock config. BodyLean that is. Make no mistake, bodylean doesn't dictate performance. Your CL-S could be as flat as a pool table and still wouldn't keep up.

http://www.is300.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13324438

wow!! Look at that body lean!!! I see it pushing in almost every turn. One turn you did fish the tail out but that was it. LOL!

Oh please give me a break. My car with suspension doesn't hardly lean like that. lol
Old 01-12-03, 10:49 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Just trying to have a fun debate and perhaps a fun challenge at some safe autocross track. It's all in fun dude.

Again I don't have to drive a Z06 to tell you it's incredible on a road course. I don't understand why I have to drive a TL. It has nothing to do with how it feels, it has everything to do with documented proof of how it DOES handle.

Originally posted by rominl
ok, knock it out guys, it's good for discussion here, but not wars. anymore flames here and i will take action. stay it on topic, discuss difference between the cars, i am fine. if you take it and talk about either tls/cls is trash, or vice versa that is300 is trash, you get yourself in touble.

and IS_Dude, i strongly suggest you read carefully first before saying "But ronimal was the one who said his TL handled better than an IS. I'm not going to let false statements stand."

first, i said a modded tls/cls will out handle STOCK is300, and stock vs stock or modded vs modded the is300 win win.

second, i said that since i drove BOTH cars on more than quite a few occasions, and that's why i can tell between the stock tls/cls, modded tls/cls, and stock is300.

Old 01-12-03, 10:52 PM
SilverBullet
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

Like I said, you still haven't proved anything to me. You haven't driven the car with mods so again you are clueless. The other guy here is a moderator on this forum, he obviously knows what he is talking about.
Helical LSD is one of the best LSDs in the market. It does DAMN well on the course. A TYPE-R would kill your IS300 with FWD any day.

Just because you own a IS and RWD does not make that car a awesome handlier. I remember a while back it still fell really short of the BMW in handling. I seem to recall a article a while back comparing hte CL-S with the BMW, it was VERY CLOSE in handling wtih each other.

Who cares about the classes. There are many aspects that go into which class a car goes into. And one is the FWD/AWD/RWD part. And even if we went to a course and battled it out, it really doesn't matter on the car, its all driver. I have seen a Intrepid BEAT alot of cars that are suppose to out handle it.

Yes I can deny it. For the sole and specific reason of the helical LSD. If it had a Torsen LSD I might give it a chance but with only springs, sways, and shocks or coilovers and sways you won't be able to compete. I'm not biased I just know what I'm talking about.

I don't have to drive the IS to tell you what class it's in. Are you so nieve as to tell me that you won't accept SCCA Classifications as to where a car belongs. Those mods on the CL-S will put you in the STS class. That class is below DS. You're CLS will NOT, I repeat NOT, hang with a stock config IS300.

You missed my point on that age thing. I stated "What does age have to do with this?. How old are you" It was ironic and should of brought about a laugh.... oh well I didn't expect you to get it anyhow...

Old 01-12-03, 10:53 PM
SilverBullet
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by rominl

No problem Ron... I also have driven both. Thanks.
Old 01-12-03, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Just trying to have a fun debate and perhaps a fun challenge at some safe autocross track. It's all in fun dude.

Again I don't have to drive a Z06 to tell you it's incredible on a road course. I don't understand why I have to drive a TL. It has nothing to do with how it feels, it has everything to do with documented proof of how it DOES handle.

don't get me wrong, if it's a healthy debate i am happy to see. but i didn't really like the age thing.

and imho though, of course if you ask me if a 911 will win over my tls, damn that's a stupid question to ask. but i think tls, cls, and is300, 3 series, etc... are closer together so it's worth the talk. with the sways and springs it really improved handling tremendously, even my friend with a 330i said the car is impressive. so?
Old 01-12-03, 10:54 PM
SilverBullet
Driver School Candidate

Well then it should pose no threat to you then should it?

That's a good find btw.

That's the IS biggest problem in stock config. BodyLean that is. Make no mistake, bodylean doesn't dictate performance. Your CL-S could be as flat as a pool table and still wouldn't keep up.

LOL!
Old 01-12-03, 11:00 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

Actually the ITR is a great car. I believe it has the torsen LSD in it. Anyway it's in the same class as the IS300 and it's won nationals the last 2 yrs. Maybe three, but the IS has only been racing for the last 2. The guy Kevin McKormick(sp?) who won is very good and I'd guess he'd win in the IS as well. It is driver, but the ITR is a good handling car.

I give credit to any car I could car less whether I own it or not.. Hell look at the miata. Talk about an incredible handling car.

If I've proved nothing to you then how about this. Look for the ITR's and the IS's and the BMW's. This is the nationals from last year. Is this enough proof for you?

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/na...esults/ds.html

Like I said, you still haven't proved anything to me. You haven't driven the car with mods so again you are clueless. The other guy here is a moderator on this forum, he obviously knows what he is talking about.
Helical LSD is one of the best LSDs in the market. It does DAMN well on the course. A TYPE-R would kill your IS300 with FWD any day.

Just because you own a IS and RWD does not make that car a awesome handlier. I remember a while back it still fell really short of the BMW in handling. I seem to recall a article a while back comparing hte CL-S with the BMW, it was VERY CLOSE in handling wtih each other.

Who cares about the classes. There are many aspects that go into which class a car goes into. And one is the FWD/AWD/RWD part. And even if we went to a course and battled it out, it really doesn't matter on the car, its all driver. I have seen a Intrepid BEAT alot of cars that are suppose to out handle it.

Old 01-12-03, 11:04 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

This comment even after you saw my siggy on .NET ????

You haven't driven the car with mods so again you are clueless. The other guy here is a moderator on this forum, he obviously knows what he is talking about.
Old 01-12-03, 11:05 PM
SilverBullet
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: any cl's or tl's want to participate?

Sorry but the type-r has Helical LSD. Same one in the Prelude Type-Sh, and ACURA-CL-S 6spd.

Cool, drivers won.

Actually the ITR is a great car. I believe it has the torsen LSD in it. Anyway it's in the same class as the IS300 and it's won nationals the last 2 yrs. Maybe three, but the IS has only been racing for the last 2. The guy Kevin McKormick(sp?) who won is very good and I'd guess he'd win in the IS as well. It is driver, but the ITR is a good handling car.

I give credit to any car I could car less whether I own it or not.. Hell look at the miata. Talk about an incredible handling car.

If I've proved nothing to you then how about this. Look for the ITR's and the IS's and the BMW's. This is the nationals from last year. Is this enough proof for you?

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/na...esults/ds.html

Quick Reply: IS300 vs BMW330i vs Acura TL