IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Need Help Deciphering Navigation Schematic

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 12:19 PM
Joseph22T
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Deciphering Navigation Schematic

To follow up with my last post, I want to buy the navigation housing for my IS 300 so I can retrofit my own navigation device to it. I received a schematic diagram of the IS 300 navigation system from myLparts.com, and I need help discerning which specific parts I need. Based on my non-expert opinion, it looks like I need part #'s 55662A, 55479B, and maybe 55683. Again, I do not need the screen or any electrical components whatsoever. The guy who sent me the schematic was very polite, but wasn't overly familiar with the specs. Could someone out there please help me to select which parts I need to adequately complete this job?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Need Help Deciphering Navigation Schematic-nav-schematic.jpg  
Old 06-27-13, 08:34 PM
NoMoreVTEC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

#86111-53030 is the part number you're looking for.

When I ordered mine from a junkyard I gave them that part number. and what they sent me was:

The entire center piece (screen included)

One thing you won't be able to find is the wiring harness. They are extremely hard to find and you'll have to just search google for some images that others have posted related to them modifying the pins.

Now you said you didn't want any of the electrical components. do you mean the "open/close" button as well as the "tilt" button? Are you looking to have your screen in a stationary position as in always open? If that's your goal might I suggest an alternative of making a mount and housing from fiberglass and going from there? It would be more cost efficient that way instead of purchasing a $300 piece used. But remember that's only if you want it to be open all the time.

I'm in the process of integrating a tablet which I pretty much scrapped that project so I'm building an open source android tablet, or I'll go with an android PC with a GPS dongle that someone suggested.

Either way I hope this helps. I'm looking for this page I saved (or at least I thought) that had all the part numbers for the IS Nav display and housing. soon as I find it I'll post the link.
Old 06-28-13, 03:07 PM
Joseph22T
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info on this NoMoreVTEC. I've been trying to get this project going for some time now, but I think I'm actually going to try something totally different. Locating the OEM housing at a decent price has just been too difficult, but I have an alternative solution I have yet to see anyone else try. I hope to have it done in about 3-4 weeks, and I will post some pics of it when it is complete.