IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Please tell me about your experience with the IS300

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 09:41 PM
Melissa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Thanks for the feedback

Why shouldn't I lease??? I usually never keep a car more than a few years. My Audi has been giving me problems for 2 1/2 years and now I can't even sell it. It's frustrating!!!
It surprises me to hear about the dealers. The one here in Orlando has been cool so far. They have kept in contact with me since my test drive in December and keep answering all my questions. Who knows how they will be after I buy, though?
I think I have everyone beat for the worst dealer - it's Classic Audi. Their sales manager told me that if I had bought a Honda, I wouldn't be complaining about my car's reliability. He needs more training :-)))
Old 02-11-03, 09:52 PM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

Every dealer is different since they are under their own management, some will be excellent, some not. As for lease or buy, Lecus has a very good resale usually, so I would highly recommend purchasing the car if it is an option for your budget. You won't be upside down on the car, and can sell it whenever you feel like it
Old 02-11-03, 09:55 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Default Re: Thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by Melissa
Why shouldn't I lease??? I usually never keep a car more than a few years. My Audi has been giving me problems for 2 1/2 years and now I can't even sell it. It's frustrating!!!
It surprises me to hear about the dealers. The one here in Orlando has been cool so far. They have kept in contact with me since my test drive in December and keep answering all my questions. Who knows how they will be after I buy, though?
I think I have everyone beat for the worst dealer - it's Classic Audi. Their sales manager told me that if I had bought a Honda, I wouldn't be complaining about my car's reliability. He needs more training :-)))
Damn girl... Sorry to hear about that.. I'd still tell you to drop that German piece and go Japanese.. Trust me you'll have less headaches... Goodluck...
Old 02-12-03, 12:56 PM
Mikehrom
Driver School Candidate

Default Reliability/leasing

Reliability: Just took my 2001 IS 300 in for service (oil change) yesterday. Also complained about the car hesitating while accelerating. Turns out that they need to replace the traction computer module. The part had to be ordered. This is the first problem with the car. Lexus reliability speaks for itself - A Well Made Automobile! (but occasionally, with any mechanical device, there are problems).

Leasing: I am currently leasing my 2001 IS 300. But I took over someone elses' lease. He was a foreign national that was returning to his home country so he was willing to "pay down" the lease payment. I think I got a good deal. He was also significantly under mileage for the number of months that he had the car. Maybe this is a way you can negotiate a low cost - short term lease to try out the car and then decide if you want to purchase it. The car is really a nice vehicle to drive.

Hope this helps.

Mike
Old 02-12-03, 06:01 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

My IS3 is almost 2 years old. With 52000 miles and climbing... there has never been any serious problems. If only the miles per gallon was a little better... would be my only complaint.

If u are one who do not keep cars for long, go with a lease and get rid of it after 2 or 3 years. Nothing wrong with that. Do whatever that pleases you..

Good luck and keep us posted.

solo

Last edited by solo; 02-12-03 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-12-03, 09:10 PM
Melissa
Driver School Candidate

Wink I think I will take another test drive tomorrow!!

It's dangerous, because I know I will want to take one home with me and leave my POS Audi with them.........
Old 02-12-03, 09:53 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Default Re: I think I will take another test drive tomorrow!!

It's dangerous, because I know I will want to take one home with me and leave my POS Audi with them.........
Mellisa, were u interested in the Auto or the Manual?

solo
Old 02-13-03, 10:24 AM
Melissa
Driver School Candidate

Default Definitely the manual

I don't like automatics.
Old 02-13-03, 08:00 PM
mrlexusmn
Driver School Candidate

nothing but praise for these cars.

Happy Valentines day Melissa.
Old 02-13-03, 08:23 PM
Melissa
Driver School Candidate

Angry You won't believe what happened today....

My turn signals broke on my A4 today!!! I have a potential buyer that's coming to see the car tomorrow and the damn thing breaks. Can you believe that????? So, I had to drive across town in rush hour traffic to have it fixed. I will be so glad to be rid of that piece of German you-know-what!!!
On a brighter note, I did go for another test drive in the IS and loved it!!!! This car's manual transmission was much smoother than the last one I drove in December. So, as soon as I get rid of the Nazibox, the IS is mine :-))))))
Old 02-14-03, 12:33 AM
SDuquette
Lexus Test Driver

I garuntee no regrets, don't listen to the whiners about their manuals, it's a good drivin car, plenty of fun. Find a road course and play with the car, you will be pleasantly supprised
Old 02-14-03, 02:32 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Default Re: You won't believe what happened today....

My turn signals broke on my A4 today!!! I have a potential buyer that's coming to see the car tomorrow and the damn thing breaks. Can you believe that????? So, I had to drive across town in rush hour traffic to have it fixed. I will be so glad to be rid of that piece of German you-know-what!!!
On a brighter note, I did go for another test drive in the IS and loved it!!!! This car's manual transmission was much smoother than the last one I drove in December. So, as soon as I get rid of the Nazibox, the IS is mine :-))))))
I am happy to hear you have decided with the IS300. You will be pleased with your new toy. Good luck selling the Audi and feel free to let me know when u get ur Lexus.

Have a pleasant weekend.

solo
Old 02-14-03, 07:50 PM
Melissa
Driver School Candidate

My A4 buyer was a no show :-((((((
I am going to CarMax this weekend to hopefully get rid of it and get the IS. Will keep you updated. Thanks for all of the input.
Old 02-16-03, 10:55 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats on your upcoming purchase...
Old 02-19-03, 06:35 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think i'm the only one on this thread to say that i'm not all that happy with this car... :eek:

Last edited by Cleo; 02-19-03 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Please tell me about your experience with the IS300