IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS300 front bra

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 04:39 PM
Pokeham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS300 front bra

I am trying to find a black front bra for my IS. Can anybody recommend a good site to purchase one? Thanks!
Old 02-11-03, 04:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Re: IS300 front bra

Originally posted by Pokeham
I am trying to find a black front bra for my IS. Can anybody recommend a good site to purchase one? Thanks!
talk to steve (supratrd) of carson toyota
Old 02-23-03, 09:31 AM
IS300_Chic
Driver

When you put the front bra on please make it look nice. Some people go around here with it half hanging off and it looks horrible. Watch out becuase sometimes those things ruin your paint underneath of the bra. Just a little heads up!
Old 03-02-03, 06:45 PM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

I got mine from Blue Ribbon Company, I also got the mirror covers. They are the Carbon Fiber look ones, and I have gotten a lot of compliments on it, cause its different looking!
Old 03-09-03, 06:06 PM
LXS4Ross
Driver School Candidate

http://www.lexuspartsmall.com/cgi/or...i?c=PT21853010
Old 03-10-03, 01:25 PM
wjbertrand
Driver School Candidate

Instead of a bra, you might consider Xpel, ClearShield or one of the other companies that make the clear paint protection films. More expensive initially (for a deluxe kit) but there's no chance of abradting your paint an the appearance of your car isn't changed. You don' t need to worry about rain or washing the vehicle either.
Old 03-10-03, 02:02 PM
LA Auto Show
Driver School Candidate

Attached is a photo of my former IS with a Star Shield Armor paint protection kit installed on it. It covered the bumper cover, the front of the hood, roof and front fenders, the A-pillars, the mirrors, door edges, and a few other places I probably can't remember. I believe they have headlight kits now, too. The kit was barely noticeable, and saved the painted from a few big rock hits and lots of other contaminants. Much better looking than standard bras, in my opinion, and no danger of scuff marks or mildew hurting the paint.

Old 03-12-03, 07:00 PM
LIVN XL
Pole Position

www.autoanything.com
Old 03-13-03, 07:38 PM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, get the 3M Scotchcal.... aka: Invinca-shield, star-shield armor, xpel, and some others...

BUT i wouldn't get Xpel because their template for the front hood is smaller than the other brands...it doesn't go up as high as the other ones on the hood and no front fender coverage....each company has a different cutout...Xpel is the smallest....i have Xpel but wished i put on Invinca-shield...oh well. if you have a silver car, it's barely noticeable... people won't even notice it unless you show it to them....

Last edited by Cleo; 03-13-03 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-13-03, 08:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Cleo
yeah, get the 3M Scotchcal.... aka: Invinca-shield, star-shield armor, xpel, and some others...

BUT i wouldn't get Xpel because their template for the front hood is smaller than the other brands...it doesn't go up as high as the other ones on the hood and no front fender coverage....each company has a different cutout...Xpel is the smallest....i have Xpel but wished i put on Invinca-shield...oh well. if you have a silver car, it's barely noticeable... people won't even notice it unless you show it to them....
wonder how noticeable it will be on graphite? any ideas? also, did you put on the xpel yourself? was it hard? i think i will get the xpel headlight pieces. stoneguard website looks less professional but they are like 10 bucks cheaper than xpel, are they the same?
Old 03-15-03, 09:21 AM
Cleo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rominl
wonder how noticeable it will be on graphite? any ideas? also, did you put on the xpel yourself? was it hard? i think i will get the xpel headlight pieces. stoneguard website looks less professional but they are like 10 bucks cheaper than xpel, are they the same?
i paid some dude $410 for the front bumper, hood, headlights, foglights, mirrors and rear bumper (not the top of the rear bumper but on the vertical portion of it; so i don't get scratches when someone bumps into me when parallel parking). the rear bumper did not come out great because he had to cut it himself...but you can't even notice the bad parts unless i show it to you....he used the xpel template, so i didn't get the bigger coverage in the front...go to http://www.invinca-shield.com they have a downloadable video on how to do it...

it's very TIME CONSUMING (the guy probably spent about 4 hours doing it). i think you're better off in paying someplace to do it....i think in the end, it's about the same price, plus if someone else does it for you, you have an installation warranty if it starts to peel...mine started to peel in some spots and he had to cut some pieces off...but it's not noticeable since it was near the bottom of the car...

not sure how it'll look on GGP (guess you already bought the IS)...xpel looks the best on silver (my color). it looks the worst on black or white. i've seen one guy who had the IBP and i didn't even notice it until he told me...GGP should look okay....

as for which brand is better..they are all the same because they use 3M Scotchcal. the only difference between suppliers is the cut....from checking out stoneguard's website, it seems like they have the better hood and fender coverage...if you're going to do it yourself, i'd get the headlight/foglights first and practice with those....you know how expensive those lights can be....
Old 03-16-03, 11:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Cleo
i paid some dude $410 for the front bumper, hood, headlights, foglights, mirrors and rear bumper (not the top of the rear bumper but on the vertical portion of it; so i don't get scratches when someone bumps into me when parallel parking). the rear bumper did not come out great because he had to cut it himself...but you can't even notice the bad parts unless i show it to you....he used the xpel template, so i didn't get the bigger coverage in the front...go to http://www.invinca-shield.com they have a downloadable video on how to do it...

it's very TIME CONSUMING (the guy probably spent about 4 hours doing it). i think you're better off in paying someplace to do it....i think in the end, it's about the same price, plus if someone else does it for you, you have an installation warranty if it starts to peel...mine started to peel in some spots and he had to cut some pieces off...but it's not noticeable since it was near the bottom of the car...

not sure how it'll look on GGP (guess you already bought the IS)...xpel looks the best on silver (my color). it looks the worst on black or white. i've seen one guy who had the IBP and i didn't even notice it until he told me...GGP should look okay....

as for which brand is better..they are all the same because they use 3M Scotchcal. the only difference between suppliers is the cut....from checking out stoneguard's website, it seems like they have the better hood and fender coverage...if you're going to do it yourself, i'd get the headlight/foglights first and practice with those....you know how expensive those lights can be....
cool, thanks for the info cleo. yes got it already, will post more details later when i do the official annouceent but so far it's great