IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

The "Infamous" Blue Dashlight Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-03, 08:04 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The "Infamous" Blue Dashlight Kit

I have received a ton of emails and pms about the blue dashlight setup that I have on my car. I also posted on a few different occasions that I was considering releasing a DIY kit, so that you guys could do the same. Last time I posted about this, I told everyone that there were a few locations that I wanted to perfect and I have now done this. So, that is where I am now with my car.

Now, lets talk about the idea of a DIY kit. I have considered the positives and negatives of the idea carefully. The problem that seriously concerns me is that this is a very detailed and difficult project (obviously or everyone would have done it). The a/c cluster, the radio, the window switches, the gauge cluster, etc. all have to be completely taken apart. In addition, you have to solder to a printed circuit board and even slightly modify some of the stock parts. I really think that if I release a kit, that there will be a lot of guys that would fry one or all of these components or even break pieces. I do not want anyone to ruin their car just to change the dashlights and that has led me to the following conclusion. I am not going to release a kit for people to change their interior lighting to blue. I just think too many people will do serious damage to their clusters. I will do custom kits for anyone interested. If you are interested, I assure you that you will be very happy with the look, but I have been working on this type of electonical work for quite some time therefore I can safely do it myself.

Again, sorry and I hope you guys understand.
Old 02-21-03, 06:30 PM
JeffNaber
Driver School Candidate

how much would you charge for the custom?
Old 02-22-03, 11:42 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by JeffNaber
how much would you charge for the custom?
PM me