IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

a new kit for the IS being made...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-03, 02:45 PM
Swifty
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a new kit for the IS being made...

Well i dont have pics or drawings, but I'm just letting everyone know that veilside is making a kit for the IS, and a US reinforcment bar has been sent to japan so that the bumper will fit US cars without cutting the bar.

So much for my once every 10mos. post.
Old 03-14-03, 08:22 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

any ideas as far as what it will look like?
Old 03-15-03, 12:26 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

there would be no need to send a US crash bar to japan, for 2 reasons....why, the cars are built in japan, and secondly there is no difference between the US and other continent crashbars, the only difference with the US crash bar is that the US bar has a thicker band of polystyrene on it, whereas the euro and JDM crashbars have 2 thin blocks of polystyrene on them
Old 03-15-03, 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by blownIS200
there would be no need to send a US crash bar to japan, for 2 reasons....why, the cars are built in japan, and secondly there is no difference between the US and other continent crashbars, the only difference with the US crash bar is that the US bar has a thicker band of polystyrene on it, whereas the euro and JDM crashbars have 2 thin blocks of polystyrene on them
then there is a need. the reason why ALL jdm kits doesn't fit the US is300 (you haev to take off the 5mph crush bar, which will void your insurance in some cases) is because the crush bar being too thick
Old 03-16-03, 03:10 PM
blownIS200
Pole Position

but you wouldnt need to send one to japan would you..........

and all you need to do is remove the polystyrene packing piece, how do i know...ive checked the part numbers and both aluminium box section bars have the same part number.......only the polystyrene pieces are different numbers
Old 03-16-03, 03:24 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

I would not mind gettin my hands on a Jspec crash bar to put behind my bumper...any ideas on pricing BlownIS200?
Old 03-16-03, 11:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by blownIS200
but you wouldnt need to send one to japan would you..........

and all you need to do is remove the polystyrene packing piece, how do i know...ive checked the part numbers and both aluminium box section bars have the same part number.......only the polystyrene pieces are different numbers
oh, my point was it's defintely necessary to get the "dimensions" of the us spec crush bar to japan in order to get the kit designed well, nothing related to sending back a us spec one
Old 03-17-03, 06:59 AM
blownIS200
Pole Position

my crash bar is going spare EMO, but its in england at the mo with the car, I am in germany at the mo i should be back there in a few weeks, im of somewhere sunny in a couple of days to kick butt ....i think you still have my email addy

we can work out a cost , i will send the polystyrene packing pieces aswell, just need to work out prices........shoudnt be to much to the US from the UK

MAT
Old 03-17-03, 10:00 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

The kit will be a widebody...
Old 03-22-03, 02:59 AM
bbheven
Driver School Candidate

does anyone here has idea when the kit will be out? I'm planning to get the bodykit soon but depends on when that will be out. if it still under the development then... um... concerend...
Old 03-22-03, 11:21 AM
R808IS300
Driver School Candidate

Would you be able to get more then one set of the Euro Spec crash bars??? If so I would be interested in a set...............e-mail me at tamuraf001@hawaii.rr.com
Old 03-23-03, 07:42 AM
mokujin101
Rookie

Originally posted by EmoDragRacer
I would not mind gettin my hands on a Jspec crash bar to put behind my bumper...any ideas on pricing BlownIS200?
same here, ive been trying to order some from japan , but they dont know what im asking

so would like a set to
Old 03-23-03, 12:08 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Swifty
The kit will be a widebody...
any idea on what it will look like? a sketch or a idea from another kit?
Old 03-24-03, 09:59 AM
sdzapata
Driver School Candidate

Default test drive

I test drove the new IS sport design, It's got all the extras, 17" wheels, chrome difuser, badges on the front fender. I found an ad online where you can get a free subscription to media week and or billboard magazine. check out this ride
http://www.billboard.com/billboard/charts/bb200.jsp

http://www.mediaweek.com/mediaweek/index.jsp
Old 03-24-03, 11:49 AM
Swifty
Pole Position

I personally have not seen any pictures of the kit in development, VeilSide doesn't usually release pictures of new parts in development, until the legal work for the designs have been completed. I did have a friend that just came back there, and what he told me is that this kit is a brand new design, that is different from all pervious veilside past designs. However it will be a wide body kit, that shows heritage and functionaility to the local Tskuba circuit. (Veilside is in Tskuba)

Just think of the other cars that have run on Tskuba before...HKS Altezza, RE Amimiya Rx7, JUN Impreza, HKS EVO, and many many more...

Quick Reply: a new kit for the IS being made...