IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Supercharged from TBKO

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-03, 06:42 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged from TBKO

I just got a TBKO Intercooled S/C Kit for my '01 auto and wanted to share w/ everyone. Mainly because I've been looking to get this done for quite some time(months) and I'm so pleased with the final product. The way I've been describing it is to imagine a NA car w/ a little whine from the s/c at idle, a BOV , and a lot more power. It drives so well and is soooo much fun. It sounds like stock with a little howl when you put the hammer down. It'll hit ~7psi on long 3rd gear pulls. I got my car back Saturday and have been loving it ever since. Those guys did an excellent job and the thing basically runs like stock.

I'm running stock compression w/ a stock header including the cats(you Cali guys should love that, Also Carb Cert has been officially applied for and is in process). I got 22mpg on the drive home(600miles) and I was racing everything that would race me. I got 19mpg w/ 50/50 mix highway/city. I usually get anywhere from 16 - 25mpg btw. That BOV is addictive.

And here's all the specifics.----->
TBKO Intercooled S/C Kit $5995 (Jeff just told me they'll be ready to be shipped June 30th)
Includes-----------------------------
ATI Procharger S/C @6psi boost.
Polished Procharger housing (option)
Spearco Custom Intercooler(no mods to stock front bumper or crash bar)
Intercooler aluminum piping(grey powdercoat/optionally others)
Greddy E-manage(unlocked)
(1) 720cc injector
TurboXS BOV
TBKO ESK(Electronic Shift Kit)
K&N Filter
Heatshield
& other misc. items
No relocation of the ABS is required and a full 1yr Warranty on the entire kit is included.
Inhouse installs around $400 - $600 and it is shipable. It'll be ready to be shipped on June 30th.

Everything went very well with my trip, the install, and I'm very happy w/ my setup. There is a TBKO S/C Header coming soon as well as a more aggressive Pulley setup to be able to bump the boost to 8psi, 15psi and whereever with headgasket and upgraded fuelpump and such. Just to let you guys and girls know that I did the math and a manual should be real close to 300whp if not at it. Lucky bastards.

Thanks to Jeff@TBKO, GTE, and guru22. These guys were very helpfull and I now consider friends.

Here's a few pics of my baby.

If you have any questions please ask away, and I'll answer them as best I can or get the answers if I don't know.
Old 05-28-03, 07:08 PM
///MDex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please come along to one of our East Coast meets, and definitely the Deal's Gap Meet in the Fall.
Old 05-28-03, 07:37 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

I will definately be coming to a meet in ATL in the near future. I wish I could go this weekend, but I have previous plans for the next 2 weeks. After that I'm free. I'm always checking the SELOC forum on this site and the SE section on .net.

Are there any coming up besides those?
Old 05-31-03, 12:18 PM
Aubie83
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by IS_Dude
I will definately be coming to a meet in ATL in the near future. I wish I could go this weekend, but I have previous plans for the next 2 weeks. After that I'm free. I'm always checking the SELOC forum on this site and the SE section on .net.

Are there any coming up besides those?
Hey bro, where are located in GA? We have a meet this sunday. Come down! I wanna ride in that machine!!
Old 05-31-03, 12:55 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

I live in savannah. It's about 4hrs from Atl. I've been thinking about coming up but I'm not sure yet. it's a bizatch of a drive.

Originally posted by Aubie83
Hey bro, where are located in GA? We have a meet this sunday. Come down! I wanna ride in that machine!!
Old 05-31-03, 01:26 PM
Aubie83
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by IS_Dude
I live in savannah. It's about 4hrs from Atl. I've been thinking about coming up but I'm not sure yet. it's a bizatch of a drive.
Damn, I am about 2 hrs. You really need to come up sometime though. I wanna see that sick *** car
Old 05-31-03, 05:06 PM
IS_Dude
Driver

cool... I wanna see that NX kit as well. It should hit pretty hard. What time do you guys usually meet on sunday at that parking garage?

oh btw: jeff and ben@tbko said you're one funny ***** so I'll come up atleast once and we'll have a few laughs.