IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

04 radio amp trigger on

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-17, 05:29 AM
Jerkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 04 radio amp trigger on

Hi I recently bought an 04 is300 and had to rewire everything from the amp to the radio as well as amp to the speakers. The radio now has power but no power to the speakers. The only wire left over is the whitr/blue coming from the radio. I've read that this is the amp trigger on wire so that makes sense why the speakers aren't getting power. I am totally stumped though because there is no matching color coming from the harness that comes from the amp. Does anyone have any suggestions with why this is like this? I'm going to have to trace back to the amp I guess and see if that same color goes into the female end of the amp, otherwise what I would have to get a new head unit and bypass the amp? For some reason it's totally impossible for me to find my exact year wiring diagrams as the earlier models have different colors. I've done a ton of research on this and I'm so close to finishing but stuck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 05-18-17, 10:15 AM
01MSMSXE10
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerkey
Hi I recently bought an 04 is300 and had to rewire everything from the amp to the radio as well as amp to the speakers. The radio now has power but no power to the speakers. The only wire left over is the whitr/blue coming from the radio. I've read that this is the amp trigger on wire so that makes sense why the speakers aren't getting power. I am totally stumped though because there is no matching color coming from the harness that comes from the amp. Does anyone have any suggestions with why this is like this? I'm going to have to trace back to the amp I guess and see if that same color goes into the female end of the amp, otherwise what I would have to get a new head unit and bypass the amp? For some reason it's totally impossible for me to find my exact year wiring diagrams as the earlier models have different colors. I've done a ton of research on this and I'm so close to finishing but stuck. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hopefully this helps. 060RAP-WG.pdf
Old 05-20-17, 05:49 AM
Jerkey
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01MSMSXE10
Hopefully this helps. Attachment 409472
Thanks for pitching in! I'm trying to figure out where the whitr/blue from the radio goes to in that diagram. It goes to a squiggle thing. Maybe that's the woofer they had in the second diagram?