IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

How much can a manual transmission IS300 cost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-18, 11:17 PM
b2884987
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How much can a manual transmission IS300 cost?

Hey guys, my Lexus got rear ended and for sure it's probably going to get totaled. If getting it back to its original condition at a body shop costs too much for me, I'm thinking about getting a new car.

I always wanted a IS300 since it's one of the few cars within Lexus that has a manual transmission, the Altezza lights, a 2JZ engine, and a cool dashboard. There's literally plenty of awesome things about this car. Best of all, it doesn't have the ugly grilles like what you see in a new Lexus. To sum it up, it's basically my dream car.

I want to buy a stock manual IS300 in great condition (no paint peels, easy reversible mods if any, and well-kept interior preferably in all leather seats and tan interior). I've seen plenty of these cars in great condition, but they are all in automatic transmission. It's hard for me to find a clean one in manual transmission. And when I do find one, it's overpriced. When I take ownership of one, I will definitely keep the car stock.

How much does a clean stock IS300 manual usually go for? What's the fair price, assuming the car has around 80,000 miles to 150,000 miles? 200,000 miles and above?
The following users liked this post:
laiyukchun (01-27-20)
Old 08-29-18, 07:46 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

I have a rare 02 sliver with black interior 5sp IS300. I bought it back in 06 and just now contemplating selling it. Took me over a year to find the perfect 5sp one back then. Now it's nearly impossible, lol. They'll cost a little because of the rarity and built proof engine. Between $5k and $10k, ofcoof co depending on the miles, mods, and condition.
I personally would never sell mine "cheap" if I did. Been sooooooo reliable and is an awesome car to scoot around on. Even though it's underpowered compared to a lot of today's cars, mine is FBO (full bolt on: srt intake, Dezod Green headers, and exhaust) and it still beats a lot of cars of today 300hp or less. Of course it's no race car, but it's does everything well. It too was my dream car back in 02, lol. 4 years later I made the dream come true!!

V.
laiyukchun (01-27-20)
Old 08-31-18, 08:34 AM
beer
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ive seen them from anywhere from 5-12k.

from what I understand California is one of the best places to find a manual IS. I hear that finding a manual IS on the east coast, or other parts of america can be harder. some claim that there just aren't as many 1IS chassis cars out there but there is no real data to support this. either way, you should be able to find a clean manual one pretty quickly. If youre searching on craigslist, I suggest you turn on the manual transmission filter. you may have to drive a couple of hours to find what you are after

for reference, I bought my manual sport design from the dealer for 10k. bone stock with 112k miles. I never buy cars from dealers, but it being a manual trans in the sport design configuration was too much to pass up for me. the price was right at KBB value too.
laiyukchun (01-27-20)