IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

**Vertex S-Type bumper & Bride Ergo/Takata**

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 05:32 AM
isman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, for 2 reasons. Black Onyx and JDM parts. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-05-03, 02:39 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by isman

thanks isman... wait till u see the the rest of the kit. JDM..... =P

sOlo
Old 08-15-03, 03:07 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow nice IS Love the grill, kit, rims, drop , color it just looks good.....jdm all the way!

Last edited by LEXISM; 08-15-03 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-15-03, 09:02 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LEXISM
wow nice IS Love the grill, kit, rims, drop , color it just looks good.....jdm all the way!

thanks dude.. more to come... maybe even an Aristo motor.

sOlo
Old 08-15-03, 09:05 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Hey isman:

I saw ur car in the mag several months ago.. way to represent over in the east coast. I must say, ur car is an inspiration. If u are ever in the West coast, dont hesitate and give me a call.

Take Care.

Mr. Solomon L.
solomonl@soltechdesigns.com
Old 08-16-03, 01:26 AM
JZS14SEVEN
Driver

Talking

nice..
intrested in some BRIDE material to do door panels??
its $$$ tho....
3 types
-fade down
-black,
-red(discontinued)
Old 08-16-03, 05:55 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by JZS14SEVEN
nice..
intrested in some BRIDE material to do door panels??
its $$$ tho....
3 types
-fade down
-black,
-red(discontinued)
Sure... PM me ur prices.

sOlo
Old 08-18-03, 05:49 AM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by solo
Hey isman:

I saw ur car in the mag several months ago.. way to represent over in the east coast. I must say, ur car is an inspiration. If u are ever in the West coast, dont hesitate and give me a call.

Take Care.

Mr. Solomon L.
solomonl@soltechdesigns.com
No problem, actually I'm in Cali about 2-3 times a year (I was there last month). I usually pop in for a day or two and fly out. Next time I'll let you know, I usually go visit my buddies in the import car industry.
Old 08-19-03, 09:46 AM
SexY10
Driver

WHOA! an ARISTO motor?! what a "SAVAGE" u are SOLO!... hahah that would be crazy if there was a show IS3 out there that had an aristo motor..... but remeber if u do proceed on with the PROJECT make sure u GET MORE HP than the stock MOTOR...and i dont mean up in the 300 range! it better be more .. bc the money u spend swapping the motors can be put towards more power on the stock 2jz that our Is comes with....anyway what AM i talking about.... ONLY BALLERS can do what SOLO is doing.... hahah keep us all UPDATED on ur JDM MOBILE.......

ps- anyone attending D1 in two more weeks???

-PrOjeCtSlidEways-
Old 08-19-03, 11:28 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by SexY10
WHOA! an ARISTO motor?! what a "SAVAGE" u are SOLO!... hahah that would be crazy if there was a show IS3 out there that had an aristo motor..... but remeber if u do proceed on with the PROJECT make sure u GET MORE HP than the stock MOTOR...and i dont mean up in the 300 range! it better be more .. bc the money u spend swapping the motors can be put towards more power on the stock 2jz that our Is comes with....anyway what AM i talking about.... ONLY BALLERS can do what SOLO is doing.... hahah keep us all UPDATED on ur JDM MOBILE.......

ps- anyone attending D1 in two more weeks???

-PrOjeCtSlidEways-
Chrisine:

The blue TT IS300 at Nomura's is pretty much done. I checked it out last week... and let me tell u, its quick and hell. Completed swap from a Aristo TT with a 4-speed auto tranny. The only mod right now is a HKS front mount intercooler, running stock boost, and a HKS hiper exhaust. The car is very quiet, until the 2nd turbo kicks in... then all HELL breaks loose..., u gotta go drive it... befinetly will change the u look at an IS300. Bruce got the Tritronic working. The only thing he working on is the tracion control switch. Besides that, it is completely swapped including the ECU. Also he did not need to relocate the ABS. Go see this setup, clean and factory... reliable and functional.... just fukin Bad A$$....

so what turbo u getting girl....? BTW the roll cage just came in.. i will pick it up sometime this week.

keep up the good work.

sOlo
Old 08-19-03, 12:15 PM
isman
Pole Position

Chrisine:

The blue TT IS300 at Nomura's is pretty much done. I checked it out last week... and let me tell u, its quick and hell. Completed swap from a Aristo TT with a 4-speed auto tranny. The only mod right now is a HKS front mount intercooler, running stock boost, and a HKS hiper exhaust. The car is very quiet, until the 2nd turbo kicks in... then all HELL breaks loose..., u gotta go drive it... befinetly will change the u look at an IS300. Bruce got the Tritronic working. The only thing he working on is the tracion control switch. Besides that, it is completely swapped including the ECU. Also he did not need to relocate the ABS. Go see this setup, clean and factory... reliable and functional.... just fukin Bad A$$....

so what turbo u getting girl....? BTW the roll cage just came in.. i will pick it up sometime this week.

keep up the good work.

sOlo
Wow, I'm following your posts and actually you guys are just outa control!! . I thought, us East Coast peeps got things rapped up, but you guys are talking TT Aristo conversions and turbo this and turbo that wow ...I'm impressed. Bruce Nomura is great with the Supra and I'm sure he's set up is just oem clean looking. Hey Solo, what roll cage did you go with, I also have a roll cage coming in from Japan, it'd be funny if we ended up with the same kind...mine..hint (Cusco w/some carbon fiber ). Hope you guys make sure serious hp, I'll be releasing some new info on my car very soon, that'll kinda be on the waaayyyy extreme side. Talk to you guys...
Old 08-19-03, 11:06 PM
SexY10
Driver

SLOWLO!..

u spelled my name WRONG hahaha.. anyway.. yes i know and i heard its done.. RAZA dee told me that its FAST as hell but u know raza dee LIKE he knows anything about speed...<~~ more of a BLING BLING type of guy... ANYWAY keep me updated on that roll bar... as for turbo... HAR HAR HAR.. i'm too sure how far i will go with it.. but i assure u it will be faster than that BLUE TT is3... and running PERFECT...

-PrOjEcTsLidEwaYs-
Old 08-20-03, 02:09 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Wow, I'm following your posts and actually you guys are just outa control!! . I thought, us East Coast peeps got things rapped up, but you guys are talking TT Aristo conversions and turbo this and turbo that wow ...I'm impressed. Bruce Nomura is great with the Supra and I'm sure he's set up is just oem clean looking. Hey Solo, what roll cage did you go with, I also have a roll cage coming in from Japan, it'd be funny if we ended up with the same kind...mine..hint (Cusco w/some carbon fiber ). Hope you guys make sure serious hp, I'll be releasing some new info on my car very soon, that'll kinda be on the waaayyyy extreme side. Talk to you guys...

Hey isman:

No matter what, ur car has been putting down some serious power.. i got nuthin but respect for the way you have been building ur car. Again, Blk and JDM... gotta love it. Bruce is one crazy scienctist. That in a nut shell is the only way to describe Bruce and his work. Many of the near by shops actually all use Bruce for the tuning. I've just been on the waiting list for almost a year.. and still he doesnt have time yet to start on my car...

My rollcage came in yesterday through Bozz Performance. It is the, hint, hint... BlueBar. Cusco just like urs. Sexy10 heard that there were fitment problems... i will keep u posted if any issues do occur. Besides that, my last Cusco trunk bar came in... and still waiting several other goodies. Steering wheel, rest of kit.

BTW, how do u like ur StopTechs...? I looked into Project Mu... but its major bank... Endless seemed like the other JDM way to go.. tell me, why did u go StopTech?

Good to hear from you again, and let me know when u are in town.

sOlo
Old 08-20-03, 02:51 PM
isman
Pole Position

Hey isman:

No matter what, ur car has been putting down some serious power.. i got nuthin but respect for the way you have been building ur car. Again, Blk and JDM... gotta love it. Bruce is one crazy scienctist. That in a nut shell is the only way to describe Bruce and his work. Many of the near by shops actually all use Bruce for the tuning. I've just been on the waiting list for almost a year.. and still he doesnt have time yet to start on my car...

My rollcage came in yesterday through Bozz Performance. It is the, hint, hint... BlueBar. Cusco just like urs. Sexy10 heard that there were fitment problems... i will keep u posted if any issues do occur. Besides that, my last Cusco trunk bar came in... and still waiting several other goodies. Steering wheel, rest of kit.

BTW, how do u like ur StopTechs...? I looked into Project Mu... but its major bank... Endless seemed like the other JDM way to go.. tell me, why did u go StopTech?

Good to hear from you again, and let me know when u are in town.

sOlo
Hey, tks. for the complement. You shoud see my current upgrade since my Super Street Feature at 562whp. I've got a T-76 to fit with full full internals and a bigger fmic (think biggest that Spearco had). I'll let you know new hp numbers once the break in period is done and the Haltech is fine tuned.

As for the Cusco, I hope it all fits or at least with some small custom modification. Please do let me know. I've also have additional Cusco suspension parts in addition to what I already have (Tom's, Tanabe Sustech, JIC, Tein).

As for the brakes, I did look into Project Mu (Mackin Industries) initially (was using their pads on the stocks first) but besides the $$, they just didn't have the "Total" brake package that I wanted (but I really wish they did cause Project Mu is sooooo J-Spec ). Endless is very J-Spec also, but again back to the total package, so I looked into AP Racing, Brembo, and Stop Tech. I just couldn't resist having masive 14" (355mm) rotors front AND rear to fill up the opening of my 18" WORK wheels. Also, the S.C.C. Mag.'s Ultimate Street Car Challenge this past year, in the braking competion, the only 2 cars with the Stop Tech set up won 1st & 2nd in braking. Sponsorship also made things alot easier to decide . This is great to share info. on this level of car modification, and look forward to seeing some crazy nice J-Spec looking IS300s from the West Coast. Give me a month at the most, and hopefully I can show you (vids. & pics) of some nasty extreme dynos runs, dyno chart, and some track footages. Take care and keep pimping .
Old 08-20-03, 03:35 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Hey, tks. for the complement. You shoud see my current upgrade since my Super Street Feature at 562whp. I've got a T-76 to fit with full full internals and a bigger fmic (think biggest that Spearco had). I'll let you know new hp numbers once the break in period is done and the Haltech is fine tuned.

As for the Cusco, I hope it all fits or at least with some small custom modification. Please do let me know. I've also have additional Cusco suspension parts in addition to what I already have (Tom's, Tanabe Sustech, JIC, Tein).

As for the brakes, I did look into Project Mu (Mackin Industries) initially (was using their pads on the stocks first) but besides the $$, they just didn't have the "Total" brake package that I wanted (but I really wish they did cause Project Mu is sooooo J-Spec ). Endless is very J-Spec also, but again back to the total package, so I looked into AP Racing, Brembo, and Stop Tech. I just couldn't resist having masive 14" (355mm) rotors front AND rear to fill up the opening of my 18" WORK wheels. Also, the S.C.C. Mag.'s Ultimate Street Car Challenge this past year, in the braking competion, the only 2 cars with the Stop Tech set up won 1st & 2nd in braking. Sponsorship also made things alot easier to decide . This is great to share info. on this level of car modification, and look forward to seeing some crazy nice J-Spec looking IS300s from the West Coast. Give me a month at the most, and hopefully I can show you (vids. & pics) of some nasty extreme dynos runs, dyno chart, and some track footages. Take care and keep pimping .
Brother... u got the East coast down. Cant wait to see what kind of numbers u will be putting down. Damn.. 600+ whp. BTW.. I know ur running an auto... tell me, what was done to the tranny for the power to hold...? I got a Getrag standing by... but the question is do I wanna go manual.... what about u? Would u run an manual someday or is that already in the works. =P

Reguarding the Cusco, did u see the front control arms being offered... it also has a top camber adjustment... do u have that??? If not I will get a set and test it out...

U coming to the annual IS300 Players Ball award...

peace

-sOlo-

Quick Reply: **Vertex S-Type bumper & Bride Ergo/Takata**