Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

isman,

Your car is wicked, period.
Old 08-20-03, 04:30 PM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by solo
Brother... u got the East coast down. Cant wait to see what kind of numbers u will be putting down. Damn.. 600+ whp. BTW.. I know ur running an auto... tell me, what was done to the tranny for the power to hold...? I got a Getrag standing by... but the question is do I wanna go manual.... what about u? Would u run an manual someday or is that already in the works. =P

Reguarding the Cusco, did u see the front control arms being offered... it also has a top camber adjustment... do u have that??? If not I will get a set and test it out...

U coming to the annual IS300 Players Ball award...

peace

-sOlo-
Yeah, expect more like 850+whp. As for my auto, as mentioned in the Super Street Article, it's a fully built (not just valve body) auto (plates, clutches, gears, tranny pump) with all heavy duty parts and blue printed. It will hold fine, along with a P.I. triple clutch racing torque converter 3,100rpm stall (might adjust). I'm trying not to use any Supra TT parts (keeping all IS but built). If not, then I can easily do what everyone else is doing v160 and TT rear (but that's not anything special or innovative).

As for the Cusco, you got it mang, I basically had the Cusco catalog interpreted from Japanese to English and ordered whatever was available for our IS300 . Just waiting for the damn parts are pain in the auuss.

I didn't know there is an annual IS300 Players Ball, but when and if you ever organize one make sure you send me an invite .

Later.
Old 08-20-03, 04:31 PM
isman
Pole Position

Originally posted by Static911
isman,

Your car is wicked, period.
Thanks Ethan . Your car is awesome also. I hope you get it back soon.
Old 08-20-03, 05:04 PM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

solo so u are saying bruce got a tiptronic tranny for a 2jzgte?
i am probably gonna get a first gen gs and want to do a 2jzgte swap and was looking if you can put a tiptronic tranny and wanted to know how to contact him on this?

robert
Old 08-20-03, 10:24 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by loonyrobert3
solo so u are saying bruce got a tiptronic tranny for a 2jzgte?
i am probably gonna get a first gen gs and want to do a 2jzgte swap and was looking if you can put a tiptronic tranny and wanted to know how to contact him on this?

robert
Robert:

The motor is off a JDM Aristo from Japan. It is a 2JZ-GTE with a 4 speed auto tranny. Bruce did the transplant into a 2001 IS300. The tiptronic works like butter. The motor is NOT an exact fit. Custom enginie mounts were fabricated. Drive shaft was custom frabricated aswell. The bulk of the time was wiring the Aristo ECU to work with the IS300. Everything works except: Traction control switch, Outside temp reading, and when u put the car into "M" mode, in the dash it thinks it is on 3rd gear instead of "M". Besides that this car pulls very hard at stock boost. Only mod is the HKS FMIC. I am very impressed with the Aristo Tranny. It shifts very hard and quick, not like the stock IS300 auto tranny. And since it is a 4 speed, the car stays in each gear longer complared to the stock IS300 tranny.

Overall, the car is not done. Bruce will not allow the car to be out of his hands until he personally feels that the car is to his standard. I am sure he will figure those little bugs soon enough.

U can contact him at: 209-830-6070.

Good luck.

sOlo
Old 08-21-03, 06:14 AM
loonyrobert3
Lead Lap

thanks i might be getting a gs and always wonder if you could do the swap and put a tiptronic tranny and i guess you can now!!!!!

robert
Old 08-22-03, 02:08 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by isman
Yeah, expect more like 850+whp. As for my auto, as mentioned in the Super Street Article, it's a fully built (not just valve body) auto (plates, clutches, gears, tranny pump) with all heavy duty parts and blue printed. It will hold fine, along with a P.I. triple clutch racing torque converter 3,100rpm stall (might adjust). I'm trying not to use any Supra TT parts (keeping all IS but built). If not, then I can easily do what everyone else is doing v160 and TT rear (but that's not anything special or innovative).

As for the Cusco, you got it mang, I basically had the Cusco catalog interpreted from Japanese to English and ordered whatever was available for our IS300 . Just waiting for the damn parts are pain in the auuss.

I didn't know there is an annual IS300 Players Ball, but when and if you ever organize one make sure you send me an invite .

Later.

bro.. how do i follow such a post... 850+ whp..?!?!?!?!?!?! u are one crazy *****.. but i support that. =)
Well, keep me posted on the construction of a near 1000 hp IS300 beast. BTW, is SRT doing all the work still...? dude... can an auto really hold that much power... we hear of PFS and Toyomoto building 4-600 hp automatic IS3.. but damn, 850...!!!??? U one crzy dawg,,, haha, but bad A$$. Let me know of any problems that do occur.. so i can steer clear of such issues.

this makes me wanna fly to east coast.. haha

take care bro.

sOlo [ dealin with the Cusco 6-point rollcage ]
Old 08-24-03, 06:33 PM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks very agressive. Keep up the good work!
Old 09-03-03, 03:51 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Nice pic in the gallery. How come your license plate is facing the ground
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...ort=1&thecat=2
Old 09-03-03, 04:31 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mr who
Nice pic in the gallery. How come your license plate is facing the ground
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...ort=1&thecat=2
Oh... its just the bend on the brackets... no point intended.... but looks good..

sOlo
Old 09-03-03, 05:18 PM
isman
Pole Position

Oh... its just the bend on the brackets... no point intended.... but looks good..

sOlo
Facing downward is JDM style. In Japan, the cameras for the speeding cars are taken from the front, thus the racers tend to angle it downward to avoid showing their numbers. Besides, as solo said, it looks better.
Old 09-03-03, 05:44 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

Facing downward is JDM style. In Japan, the cameras for the speeding cars are taken from the front, thus the racers tend to angle it downward to avoid showing their numbers. Besides, as solo said, it looks better.
Right-ON isman... i didnt want to go into detail.. but u said it better. =)
Here is some more pics:

I will be showing with Team Hokori this weekend at Sonoma. Will get pics uploaded by early next week.
How's the Car... isman?

sOlo
Old 09-03-03, 06:48 PM
isman
Pole Position

nice pics solo, and good luck in Sonoma. Only thing the car needs now is some boost
Old 09-03-03, 09:10 PM
solo
Lexus Champion

nice pics solo, and good luck in Sonoma. Only thing the car needs now is some boost
You are totally right.. I have been considering a kit... what do u recommend.? Money is an issue... i dun wanna spend more than neccessary... looking around 400+ at the wheels. Any help is appreiated.

Thanks ISman.

sOlo
Old 09-04-03, 06:56 AM
isman
Pole Position

You are totally right.. I have been considering a kit... what do u recommend.? Money is an issue... i dun wanna spend more than neccessary... looking around 400+ at the wheels. Any help is appreiated.

Thanks ISman.

sOlo
Well, it's tough for you West Coast guys, due to most of all kits are located from the East. Also, 400+whp will be tough for the fact that a shippable kit which utilizes stock compression (no head gasket swap needed) will get you about 350whp. If you insist on requiring more than 400whp, then you must lower compression, which involves much more work and tunning. At the same time as you mentioned, the $$ factor increases. Also, if you are an automatic, at 400+whp your tranny will require some modification to make it shift correctly (more agressive valve body, and line pressure modification). If you have a 5spd, then at 400+whp your tranny will definitely need to be swaped (although there is just ONE person with over 500+whp using stock 5spd with just a clutch upgrade but don't count on that). What ever the case, if $$ is a concern, I would suggest around 350whp achieving with stock CR, and you should be very happy. PM me if you want to go into more details. Take care. Oh yeah, boost is very very expensive for our cars.

Quick Reply: **Vertex S-Type bumper & Bride Ergo/Takata**