IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

IS200 VERY SPECIFIC DRIVE SYSTEM PROBLEM (mechanics are clueless)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-20 | 02:04 AM
MateuszK
Driver School Candidate

Default IS200 VERY SPECIFIC DRIVE SYSTEM PROBLEM (mechanics are clueless)

There is a weird small impact, or a jerk, silent, but perceptible, somewhere within the drive system every time I realise the clutch AND when I release and then press acceleration pedal on a highway, steady speeds. It's like at some point it's aggressively connects something, like the car is launching the clutch itself. I have it for a year now, and It doesn't change or gets worst. I changed the clutch - no fix, and a dual mass to a lightweight flywheel. The flywheel created some problems, but NO CHANGE in that, neither better nor worst.

It feels like no matter how slowly I release the clutch it just at some point shoot at me, like I'm launching it, but not like big time, just... noticeably. The only way to make it stop doing that, is to raise RPMs a bit.

A mechanic looked at it, and said that all mounts LOOK O.K. (still suspicious tho), and that it's not a driveshafts, or they are both broken exactly in the same way, in the same place. They are not.

The man said, that he NEVER encountered such a specific problem. He said that I may start changing the whole drive system, starting from all the rubber dumpings, OR find someone who had the same problem, and fixed it, and could tell me WTF?
So... WTF?