IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS Story: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-03, 05:43 AM
lucino
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think before you remove it maybe you should do a photoshop chop to see what it would look like.

Personally I would leave the 'L" and remove the other ones, then put an "Altezza" emble there, but that's me

Or, instead removing them, how about paint them into a dark smoke color, this is an option too.

my 2 cents.

Lucino
Old 12-31-03, 08:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don' think i will ever debadge my car, i like those badges
Old 12-31-03, 10:17 AM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by INDGOGRL
Thanks All for the props ! I appreciate it.

BigJoeD,
when we did those photos, we were under a tight schedule. There was no gas in the tank when the photos were shot and we are still playing with the ride height anyways.

Here's a shot of just what you asked for. Less than zero finger gap front and rear. We really can't leave it this low for every day use, until Daizen gets the front and rear camber kits released. These tires just cost too much to replace. We do have a specific reason for having the car this low for now, and I will make a Special announcement on it soon.

Let me know what you think.
Wow! I just read through all 16 pages of this post and I love your car! If you're going to debadge I would do it completely.

Last edited by Technics; 12-31-03 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-31-03, 01:57 PM
r.maestas
Driver

So when are you going to reveal the HYDRO'S??? or is that one a secret until summer???

rolo
Old 12-31-03, 02:41 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

hehe we don't need no stinkin badges.

well, i have a sportcross. i did remove the "lexus" and "IS300" badges. I kept the L. IMHO, I think it gives a cleaner look. another reason for me to remove the IS300 from the SportCross is I like keep people guessing what my car is since there are not that many SportCross around.

anyway, here's the look of my back without the "Lexus" and "IS300". Just the great looking "L". I know it's a SportCross, but hey it is a IS300 after all. Debadging does give a very clean look.

Old 12-31-03, 03:24 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Thanks All for the props ! I appreciate it.

BigJoeD,
when we did those photos, we were under a tight schedule. There was no gas in the tank when the photos were shot and we are still playing with the ride height anyways.

Here's a shot of just what you asked for. Less than zero finger gap front and rear. We really can't leave it this low for every day use, until Daizen gets the front and rear camber kits released. These tires just cost too much to replace. We do have a specific reason for having the car this low for now, and I will make a Special announcement on it soon.

Let me know what you think.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Now its perfect and I'm gonna cry.

Last edited by BigJoeD; 12-31-03 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-02-04, 08:08 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Default The Decision + SJ Auto Show

Well I decided to go along with Darden and remove all emblems except the "L" Logo. I will hold on to the emblems though, so that I can always put them back on if I get de-badgers remorse.

BigJoeD You're too funny.

So here's the reason why we lowered the car , some more. I was fortunate to be invited to display my car at the San Jose International Auto Show, opening next Wednesday. Thanks to JunctionGS for making the recommendation to the show promoters. I will be representing Lexus along with many other makes of modded cars from the local area.

Quite an honor, but because of the show, I have yet to be able to drive my car since we bought it !!

It's been raining every day, so it's not in our best interest to dirty up the car with the show coming so near.

So about the only work done to the car will be to de-badge it and then detail the inside and out this coming weekend. We have to turn in the car early Tuesday morning and we won't move it out until next Sunday night.

As far as posting future mods, believe me there are a bunch more coming; but it looks like we'll have to put off any new mod posts until after Jan 11. I 'll try to post "Day 67" then.

If any locals are coming to the show, I'll be hovering around the display on Saturday afternoon, between 1 to 4pm.

Please stop by and say hi !
Old 01-02-04, 08:25 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Default Re: The Decision + SJ Auto Show

Well I decided to go along with Darden and remove all emblems except the "L" Logo. I will hold on to the emblems though, so that I can always put them back on if I get de-badgers remorse.

BigJoeD You're too funny.

So here's the reason why we lowered the car , some more. I was fortunate to be invited to display my car at the San Jose International Auto Show, opening next Wednesday. Thanks to JunctionGS for making the recommendation to the show promoters. I will be representing Lexus along with many other makes of modded cars from the local area.

Quite an honor, but because of the show, I have yet to be able to drive my car since we bought it !!

It's been raining every day, so it's not in our best interest to dirty up the car with the show coming so near.

So about the only work done to the car will be to de-badge it and then detail the inside and out this coming weekend. We have to turn in the car early Tuesday morning and we won't move it out until next Sunday night.

As far as posting future mods, believe me there are a bunch more coming; but it looks like we'll have to put off any new mod posts until after Jan 11. I 'll try to post "Day 67" then.

If any locals are coming to the show, I'll be hovering around the display on Saturday afternoon, between 1 to 4pm.

Please stop by and say hi !
Man this is AWESOME news. You will be an excellent representative of the Lexus IS300 modded style. Have fun and take some more pics at the show.
Old 01-02-04, 09:43 PM
darden
Lexus Champion

a well deserved honor to represent at the san jose auto show.

i kept my debadged emblems as well just in case. originally, i came really close in taking off the "L". it was a last second decision that i did not do it. i figured that i will leave the "L" on for a few days and see how i feel since debadging can be accomplished so quickly. after a few days, i was very happy with the result of leaving the "L" in place. plus photoshopped photos of my car's back completely debadged looked a bit strange to me. hehe.

have fun at the car show, can't wait for more pics.
Old 01-05-04, 01:57 AM
1NewLexIS300
Lexus Test Driver

wow...i also just read all 16 pages and your car looks amazing.......

i think i'm gonna need to call up glen to do some custom work on my car.......
Old 01-05-04, 03:21 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by 1NewLexIS300
wow...i also just read all 16 pages and your car looks amazing.......

i think i'm gonna need to call up glen to do some custom work on my car.......
Thanks Mike.

Just give me a call. I'll be starting up the audio / video mods after the show is over.

BigJoeD & Darden, thanks guys for the props. The car is truly her taste, combined with the helpful input from many Local CL Members. She just pays and I play !

I'll ask the wifey to post some pics of the show.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-05-04 at 03:30 AM.
Old 01-05-04, 07:54 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Originally posted by RMMGS4
Thanks Mike.

Just give me a call. I'll be starting up the audio / video mods after the show is over.

BigJoeD & Darden, thanks guys for the props. The car is truly her taste, combined with the helpful input from many Local CL Members. She just pays and I play !

I'll ask the wifey to post some pics of the show.
No prob. The whip is coming together nicely.

Hey, could you hook a brtoher up with a S/C or T/C or anything you cant fit into your wife car.
Old 01-05-04, 08:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by BigJoeD
No prob. The whip is coming together nicely.

Hey, could you hook a brtoher up with a S/C or T/C or anything you cant fit into your wife car.
yeah sure, tm engineering
Old 01-07-04, 10:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts
Default Re: Rear Emblems: Yay or Nay ?

Recent input I got from the NorCal locals was to remove the rear emblems (except the "L") from the back for a cleaner look.

My feedback? I agree.

What does everyone else think? Please consider what you think is the right LOOK for my style of car, color , etc.

My husband is looking for the dental floss so please respond soon !

I like the L only idea. I've been thinkin about doing the same. Perhaps replace the L with a T badge instead?
Old 01-12-04, 09:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Cleaner look?

Yes, the Sportcross does look cleaner with the badges removed. If you really want a clean look, you could take the whole rear wiper assembly off and plug the hole in the glass with a rubber plug. If you wanted to re-sell the car, it would probably not be that big a deal to just remount the whole assembly right back on and connect the wires. But obviously you would have to clean the rear window more often. You could also go with an installed radio-antenna imbedded in the rear glass instead of on the roof sticking up, but that usually compromises the sound quality.

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1