IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS Story: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 07:45 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
no, i mean rmmgs4's is300. flipside already has too many miles for me to care about
But it's not RMMGS4's IS. You threw me off by saying "he".
Old 04-27-05, 08:12 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo

Yes Henry,
don't forget who's car this is. That's why my hubby didn't want to change the liscense plate to INDGOGRL, coz he can't drive it then!
Old 04-27-05, 08:18 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRD-bB

me like very much!!! will they fit on a SportX ??

Very very very nice mods you got Indgogrl

Thanks!

Well go to rxecret7.com and tell them you heard about them from ClubLexus and ask about the SportX. They'll have to give you a good price that way.

They have good pricing on Cusco and excellent service. They ship real fast too.

They also have some deals right now for the IS . Just Ask.
Old 04-27-05, 08:24 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
You have more mods, I have more miles. 51300.

Ryan,
Well you know I didn't want to kill my PZeros without a camber kit.

You'll have to drive my car this weekend to compare your suspension ride to the one that I'm getting installed tomorrow.

The Tein S-Tech springs were nice, but the factory shocks were wearing out and the ride was getting bouncy, so . . .

I broke down and got Tein CS courtesy of Todd at TM Engineering. He gives great pricing !
Attached Thumbnails My IS Story: Day 1-coil-over-lo-res.jpg  

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 04-27-05 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-27-05, 09:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
well i always think it's rmmgs4 posting for his wife, so i never thought about using she

Last edited by rominl; 04-27-05 at 09:54 PM.
Old 04-27-05, 10:09 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CS' are to drool for...let us know how they feel
Old 05-01-05, 12:15 AM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Flipside,
so I heard you drove my car at the cruise meet today. So you got to try out my new suspension before I even got to drive it myself HUH?

So how does the ride and handling compare to your's?
Old 05-01-05, 12:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

It was like a dream. Smooth exactly like stock and no suspension noise. If the dampening was a little tighter, it would be on par with my Bilstein/Eibach or better. Around this long corner we took at about 60 where the posted sign said 45, the car handled beautifully except for a little bit of floatiness in the rear. Other than that, the car felt great. Makes me want to ditch my setup for the Tein CS!
Old 05-01-05, 11:08 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ryan, it was interesting trading cars with you yesterday, me driving your car and you driving the wifeys on the scenic and twisty Hwy 1 along Cali's Pacific Coast.

Read more on that thread here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...7&page=2&pp=15

Running behind you, I could see the rear of INDGOGRLs car float a little over high speed bumps (70+ mph), while yours was much more stable. Your ride comfort and stability is excellent.

With that said, let me note that the settings on the CS were set to full soft 16/16, so at this point we can confirm that the ride is very smooth, but in order to remove the high speed float, I'll need to step up the settings. Today I went to the recommended settings of 4/6. I drove a around a little and can say that the rear float is probably eliminated. Hopefully you can drop by today for another test drive, before you head back to your "other" home in SoCal.

This is good discussion but a bit off topic. We should probably move further technical discussions over here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...35#post1282335

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-01-05 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-09-05, 10:23 AM
irv_usc
Lead Lap

i've read that it is a BAD idea to drive full soft on the coilovers. i don't set mine any softer than 14.
Old 05-09-05, 12:26 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by irv_usc
i've read that it is a BAD idea to drive full soft on the coilovers. i don't set mine any softer than 14.
Yeah that was Day 1 of testing out the coilovers.

After extended driving/ testing, it's now at 8F / 11R.

The wifey isn't complaining about the ride, so it's all good.
Old 05-09-05, 11:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by irv_usc
yup, i have read before that it's better to stay on the stiff side than on the soft side.
Old 05-11-05, 03:20 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
yup, i have read before that it's better to stay on the stiff side than on the soft side.

can any one explain why this is...??

. i regularly drive on my Flex with the edfc set to 14/16.... or almost, to full soft....

Also where can i get the door mirror turn signal mod done !! i love that look!!! i found some "overlays" from the UK but they make the mirrors look all bulky & thick... not too cool to me ...... your setup looks much better!!!

Funny. your mod progression is very similar to Mine only i started in September of '02 about 10 dayus after i got the car .. .& it has been almost a constant Weekly effort with One mod or the other over 30 months... from Antennas to springs & then shocks t o lighting bulbs tail lights headlights intakes Chassi bracing Brakes suspension upgrades motor upgrades Interior upgrades every little detail..... what a progression!!!

I wish i had the where-with-all to keep a running Mod diary like you have here tho it is great to see...!!

Thanks for the idea on the skid plates ... my Front Lip is a bit lower than this one but befoer i repaint my lip .... i will DEFINITELY be doing this ..... .I can see how i can make this for my car as well.. but I would say consider making up a batch of these pieces & sellign them to us .. i can be the only one interested, &. i certainly would buy a kit from you & help u fund some more modding!!! also.. .Win/Win!!!

All the best!!

edG

edgy.
Old 05-11-05, 11:44 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i don't know the exact reason, but i fi have to guess, when you put it on softer side, the shock travel will be longer and the car will bounce more. by tear and wear the shocks go out faster? dunno, again this is just a wild guess

the turn side was a coplete custom mod my rmmgs4, i dn't think there is a second one yet.
Old 05-12-05, 03:15 AM
_DAG_
Driver

Nice thread... love the progress!!!

Update on the xpel? My hood is sh8tty from chips and other imperfections and i think some of that would work well.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1