IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

My IS Story: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-05, 01:42 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Come over any time Brian. You know I'm always working on something.

Last night Neo, Rominl and 2 other CL members came over to hang out while I worked on the car. If you made it yesterday, it would of been enough head count to officially qualify it as a mini meet !
Old 08-10-05, 12:58 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You Cali boys got it goin on
Old 08-15-05, 08:57 AM
sammer619
Driver School Candidate

I saw the finished product at the LMW meet, very nice oh so very nice... as i was walking down 'blower alley', i quickly mistook your setup as a LMS/powerdyne setup until the filter position caught my eye. that led to more looking and WOW.. oh so nice..
Awesome job and it was great meeting you and your wife.
-Sammer
Old 08-15-05, 02:23 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

The pictures from the LMW meet turned out great and just as I thought Baby Lex's "cosmetic" surgery was a huge success.
Old 08-15-05, 07:19 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Touche! so tasty!!!

I am hoping the day at Disney land was not too hot & uncomfy for Indigogrl
Old 08-15-05, 08:43 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

it was nice chatting with you both at the LMW meet this past weekend. the cars looked amazing!!

hope you had fun at disneyland!! i'm still waiting for the 50th anniv rush to die down a bit...
Old 08-15-05, 11:18 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by sammer619
I saw the finished product at the LMW meet, very nice oh so very nice... as i was walking down 'blower alley', i quickly mistook your setup as a LMS/powerdyne setup until the filter position caught my eye. that led to more looking and WOW.. oh so nice..
Awesome job and it was great meeting you and your wife.
-Sammer
Sam,
good to finally meet you too. We'll be in touch.

Originally Posted by BigJoeD
The pictures from the LMW meet turned out great and just as I thought Baby Lex's "cosmetic" surgery was a huge success.
Joe,
ahh yes by now you know where to find "hidden" pics of baby IS. Glad you like the facelift for baby. Big bro GS is definitely looking to catch up, SOON !

Originally Posted by edgy
Touche! so tasty!!!

I am hoping the day at Disney land was not too hot & uncomfy for Indigogrl

Ed,
it was great to see you and your wifey again, this time in your neck of the woods. 14 hours at Disneyland yesterday was great, plus the 6 1/2 hour trip back home today and I am pretty wasted.

Originally Posted by TCM080903
it was nice chatting with you both at the LMW meet this past weekend. the cars looked amazing!!

hope you had fun at disneyland!! i'm still waiting for the 50th anniv rush to die down a bit...
Esther,
good to see you again and Irv as well. The 50th Disney is the best I've seen in all my years going. Space Mountain is better than ever.

I know the wifey is now very tired and we both have work obligations keeping us busy tomorrow.

Indgogrl will post her replies after a brief rest and recouperation.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-16-05 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-15-05, 11:49 PM
RMMGS4

Default Recap

Well as the local Nor Cal and now SoCal people know, the engine work has been done on the car for some time now.

It has been 4 weeks since the transformation began of which 90% of the engine compartment mods were completed in just 7 Days ! Just in time to debut the car for the first meet held on 7/23.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171961

I continued to install additional mods (some still not yet posted) just in time to have the car on display for 3 days at the San Jose Grand Prix on July 31.

http://www.bayareamatrix.com/San%20J...005/index.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173503

This weekend was the BIG debut of the car in LA at the LMS meet. I'll post my meet comments in the SoCal forums later on. I just got home from the 6.5 hour trip home , concluding this extended 4 day weekend.

I've been going over 4 weeks now averaging less than 5 hours of sleep to get all this work done, several days with 1 to 2 hours of sleep getting ready for these meets. This is the main reason my posts have been behind.

So here are the rest of the photos FINALLY, for all those non-Cali folk who have been waiting patiently.

ECU box completed. This is the Gen 2 version. For Gen 1 see the first meet thread. Gen 3 , coming soon.

Rear of ECU box with the removable plug installed that allows access to the USB port for connection to a laptop.

Here's the same engine set up we installed. Photo courtesy of Mike at ProLex Performance which Included the following:

ProLexPerformance Vortech Supercharger Kit - With Custom Polished/Painted SC, IC pipe, Intake Pipes and Intercooler.

ProLexPerformance Strut Tower Brace - Originally comes in Brushed Aluminum, now highly polished with custom painted mounting brackets.

ProLexPerformance Front Radiator Panel for FI cars - Custom Polished

ProLexPerformance Radiator Support Clamps - Custom Polished

Photo Courtesy of: www.prolexperformance.com

Here's the INDGOGRL version of the ProLexPerformance Engine compartment . This was the only shot I have taken at the LMS meet. Good thing the wifey took these pics. I was too busy talking and walking around looking at cars.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-16-05 at 12:59 AM.
Old 08-16-05, 12:06 AM
RMMGS4

More pics taken at LMS.

You can see the theme of the engine compartment is to combine Indigo Ink Pearl Paint with Polished Aluminum.

The supercharger was polished and had the area in the webbing painted.

Here you see the ECU cover is painted and the E-Manage was polished.

Also the PLP strut tower brace was polished and the mounting brackets were painted.

Here's the original E-Manage piece before polishing. Nice color, but clashes with the theme of the engine compartment.

Lastly the Throttle Body was painted and the intake pipe and intake manifold on each side of the throttle body were polished.

You can also see the front cam cover was painted and the aluminum rear cam covers were polished aluminum.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-16-05 at 12:56 AM.
Old 08-16-05, 12:13 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

GLEEEEEN!!!!

Your IS is so amazingly nice. Tell your wife anytime she needs a chauffer, I am offering my services for free. Hehe.

And dinner was great! Good to see the NorCal gang and to meet new people as well.

Isn't it soooo much fun at Disneyland? I've been 5 times already this year, pathetic but true....

See you guys next month at EOS (hopefully)!
Old 08-16-05, 12:19 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
GLEEEEEN!!!!

Your IS is so amazingly nice. Tell your wife anytime she needs a chauffer, I am offering my services for free. Hehe.

And dinner was great! Good to see the NorCal gang and to meet new people as well.

Isn't it soooo much fun at Disneyland? I've been 5 times already this year, pathetic but true....

See you guys next month at EOS (hopefully)!

Eliz,
Disney was Sooooo nice. Better than all my previous visits. I see why you went so many times. My daughter found about 48 Mickeys. She'll have to tell ya where she found some of them.

Hopefully we WILL have an EOS meet in September. Now what mods can I do to the car by then?
Old 08-16-05, 12:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Eliz,
Disney was Sooooo nice. Better than all my previous visits. I see why you went so many times. My daughter found about 48 Mickeys. She'll have to tell ya where she found some of them.

Hopefully we WILL have an EOS meet in September. Now what mods can I do to the car by then?
well glen, let's make that happen now
Old 08-16-05, 11:33 AM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Glen,

What made you decide to go with the 6th injector setup and just not larger injectors which seems to be the norm now on most boosted IS's? Just curious, no other reason.
Old 08-16-05, 11:58 AM
kirby122
Pole Position

It was great meeting the both of you at the mett, you two were very gracious... Thanks for telling me more about the skid plate and your custom HU bezel... both cars look great and keep up the great work!!!
Old 08-16-05, 10:36 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by BigJoeD
Glen,

What made you decide to go with the 6th injector setup and just not larger injectors which seems to be the norm now on most boosted IS's? Just curious, no other reason.
This is the way PLP chose to set up the fuel management system. I'm not an expert on the subject but from what I understand is that the injector is controlled by a SplitSecond stand alone fuel management box located on the right side of the engine compartment. This was intentionally designed as a separate set up from the E-manage. Even though the E-manage is capable of controlling the additional injector, it is not utilized for this, because the SplitSecond allows better resolution and fine tuning.

If you go for high boost, then larger injectors would be required. This is a fairly conservative set up, so under no boost conditions, the stock injectors are adequate with just a little help from the 7th injector as needed.

Don't ask me any more than this cause that's as far as my knowledge goes.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 08-16-05 at 10:43 PM.

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1