Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 12:54 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJoeD
Bumpity Bump

Any updates
BigJoe, it's nice to hear from you. Yes, we certainly have several mods in my car since end of summer meet 2005 but as Glen said, we misplaced the photos he took. I had been busy at work and tax time has made me more "real busy". I haven't seen Henry & Ritsa for a couples of months now but I saw Solomon and Serana over the weekend. It was nice seeing them both.

The weather up in NorCal looks very very nice and I hope it will stay that way over the weekend so we could take some photos of my car. You have a good one

Indgogrl
Old 04-20-06, 03:28 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by INDGOGRL
BigJoe, it's nice to hear from you. Yes, we certainly have several mods in my car since end of summer meet 2005 but as Glen said, we misplaced the photos he took. I had been busy at work and tax time has made me more "real busy". I haven't seen Henry & Ritsa for a couples of months now but I saw Solomon and Serana over the weekend. It was nice seeing them both.

The weather up in NorCal looks very very nice and I hope it will stay that way over the weekend so we could take some photos of my car. You have a good one

Indgogrl

I'll be expecting updates after the show/meet, but before would be nice
Old 04-20-06, 04:57 PM
lucino
Rookie

got a totally unrelated question, after all these years of driving the IS, does the car still feel solid? in terms of handling, ride feel, etc.?

THX
Old 04-20-06, 10:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by lucino
got a totally unrelated question, after all these years of driving the IS, does the car still feel solid? in terms of handling, ride feel, etc.?

THX
well, actually the car isn't driven much at all, so probably can't give any long term driving feedback
Old 04-21-06, 10:34 AM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

THX
Mine does
Old 04-30-06, 02:33 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

THX

The ride is great with the TeinCS, even with the low profile tires and 19" wheels. Several other IS owners have driven my car and are surprised how smooth it rides. The handling is great and I love how the sway bars keep the car from leaning over. Now I don't like it when I drive my 06 Civic Hybrid around turns, but otherwise it's great to drive in the car pool lane by myself.
Old 04-30-06, 02:37 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Here's the latest mod that I have been waiting for a long time. Ever since I saw the Rod Millen IS430 I have wanted dual exhausts. Now that the car is supercharged I have some power to match with the new look.

This car was my inspiration for the dual exhausts. Here it is pictured on display at our EOSv4 meet last year. My hubby(rmmgs4), flipside909 and another unknown CL member are figuring out how they did the dual exhaust.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=official

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 05-05-06 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 02:38 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

My husband cut out the rear bumper to match the right side exhaust opening , but before we had the bumper painted, he also added back up radar sensors.

The exhaust is made from Borla mufflers and exhaust tips. The system was custom welded by a local shop. My husband lost the install pictures, but he can answer any technical questions if you have any. I know he installed heat insulation on the left side and moved an electrical wire away from the muffler.

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 04-30-06 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-30-06, 02:46 PM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

So these are my latest two mods. They were done a while ago, but the wheather has only cleared up recently.

I have a couple more changes to the rear of the car coming this summer. Then I think I am done with the outside appearance items.

Old 04-30-06, 07:58 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

LOOKING GOOD INDIGOGIRL

Question though. Since the car is lowered, do you haved some kind of camber kit? My tires are waering out like crazy.
Old 05-02-06, 01:25 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOOKING GOOD INDIGOGIRL

Question though. Since the car is lowered, do you haved some kind of camber kit? My tires are waering out like crazy.

Joe,
the wifey is currently in the hospital for minor surgery so I'll pick up.

Somewhere in the thread we did show pics of the Cusco adjustable front upper a-arms.

The front camber is per spec and the rear camber is barely out of spec. Wish they had a a rear camber kit. Everything I have seen are cheapie camber crap.

Are you wearing out the fronts or rears?
Old 05-02-06, 03:52 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Joe,
the wifey is currently in the hospital for minor surgery so I'll pick up.

Somewhere in the thread we did show pics of the Cusco adjustable front upper a-arms.

The front camber is per spec and the rear camber is barely out of spec. Wish they had a a rear camber kit. Everything I have seen are cheapie camber crap.

Are you wearing out the fronts or rears?
Give the Wifey my best. I hope all goes well.

Both, but the rears are wearing out a lot faster. I need some options to resolve this issue without having to buy new coilovers.
Old 05-03-06, 12:29 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Give the Wifey my best. I hope all goes well.

Both, but the rears are wearing out a lot faster. I need some options to resolve this issue without having to buy new coilovers.
She's doing fine thanks.

Might need to bump the ride height up a half inch or so to get some camber back.. Have the alignment shop go as positive in camber as specs will allow. Our local shop adds toe if you are wearing the inners. This sounds counter intuitive, but actually spreads the load of the tread more evenly than just on the inside. You have to trust me on this.

Adjust the toe in to allowable spec or atleast 1/2 degree per side, 1 degree total.

This is not perfect but probably better than what you have,

The key is sometimes finding a shop that will do this for you or find an experienced shop that will do this because they know. Many do not understand alignment dynamics on lowered cars and just try to adjust to factory spec.

That's not always the recommended setting on lowered cars.
Old 05-05-06, 11:12 AM
solo
Lexus Champion

Nice..!!! that is mucho Yummy... =D

-s-
Old 06-07-06, 09:40 PM
mr. aristo
Lead Lap

wow... wheres the write up on ur car

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1