My IS Story: Day 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-06, 08:22 AM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
She's doing fine thanks.

Might need to bump the ride height up a half inch or so to get some camber back.. Have the alignment shop go as positive in camber as specs will allow. Our local shop adds toe if you are wearing the inners. This sounds counter intuitive, but actually spreads the load of the tread more evenly than just on the inside. You have to trust me on this.

Adjust the toe in to allowable spec or atleast 1/2 degree per side, 1 degree total.

This is not perfect but probably better than what you have,

The key is sometimes finding a shop that will do this for you or find an experienced shop that will do this because they know. Many do not understand alignment dynamics on lowered cars and just try to adjust to factory spec.

That's not always the recommended setting on lowered cars.
Thanks a bunch man, I'm on it
Old 06-08-06, 09:28 AM
bearys818
Driver School Candidate

wow that was like a documentary on your car great job big fan of your car and your wifey 's car
Old 06-08-06, 03:13 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bearys818
wow that was like a documentary on your car great job big fan of your car and your wifey 's car
And they're not done yet
Old 06-08-06, 03:17 PM
smoothLEX
Driver

Originally Posted by BigJoeD
And they're not done yet
wow....not done yet. Quite an incredible project I must say.
Old 06-08-06, 03:26 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The wifey and I thank ya all.

Yes a couple more exterior mods coming soon. All requiring custom work so it's never a quickie bolt on job.

We never imagined this thread would stay alive for so long. Thanks Big Joe and others for keeping it bumped up.

Hopefully there is useful information for others to benefit from.

Just PM me if anyone has any questions.
Old 06-08-06, 03:28 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by mr. aristo
wow... wheres the write up on ur car

I am actually going to do a series of articles on my car in our local NorCal Lexus website.

I probably have twice as much stuff documented in pictures on my car. Just need to write up the articles.

Probably got a years worth to post easily.

Stay Tuned.
Old 06-11-06, 02:13 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

WOW
Great write-up and the build-up is awesome.
Old 06-20-06, 04:06 PM
Flash 3
Driver School Candidate

Hey RMMGS4
This thread was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch. did you like the quality of work done by PLP? Any problems or troubleshooting needed? How does the IS drive now?? Any loud whining from the supercharger? Also I noticed you went the the plp strut braces. Do you recommend them? Great car... Also hope your wife is doing well. Thanks again
Old 06-20-06, 05:45 PM
eyedrop
Driver

The supercharger installation was done by a very reputable shop in the Bay Area, Exact Motorsports. I do not believe PLP did the actual install.

Or are you referring to the quality of the supercharger made by PLP?
Old 06-20-06, 07:15 PM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Flash 3
Hey RMMGS4
This thread was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch. did you like the quality of work done by PLP? Any problems or troubleshooting needed? How does the IS drive now?? Any loud whining from the supercharger? Also I noticed you went the the plp strut braces. Do you recommend them? Great car... Also hope your wife is doing well. Thanks again

Everything was pretty much plug and play. The key thing with the Vortech version from PLP is that they tell you that the Emanage should be tuned. The car is running rich right now. I am monitoring the A/F , boost, etc. with a Zeitronix wideband. We drove the car to LA for a meet last summer and no problems driving for sustained periods at higher speeds, in hot wheather up mountain grades of Hwy 5.

I am Wayyyy overdue to plug in the laptop and have the motor professionally Tuned. I'm really busy with two cars to mod plus organizing most of the meets we have up here in NorCal.

I might see about dyno/tuning the car some time in the next month. I will report the HP/TQ numbers at that point.

Yes the supercharger whines. It is more noticable at idle from outside. It is not audible when we run the car at freeway speeds. I think the sound is kinda neat actually. Lets people know it aint stock.
Old 06-21-06, 07:27 PM
Flash 3
Driver School Candidate

Eyedrop do you have pictures of your car?? I was searching on a few old forums and read about your DDE headlight install. Are these lights like the bmw angel eyes? Also do you guys recommend Exact motorsports over PLP? They seem to do great work.
Old 06-23-06, 10:58 AM
RMMGS4

Originally Posted by Flash 3
Eyedrop do you have pictures of your car?? I was searching on a few old forums and read about your DDE headlight install. Are these lights like the bmw angel eyes? Also do you guys recommend Exact motorsports over PLP? They seem to do great work.

The Angel Eyes are on the wifey's car as well, while a search in the NorCal forums will get you feedback on Exact. Many of us have been going there for 4+ years now for maintenance and mods.

Are you in NorCal?

If so, you should be visiting the ClubLexus NorCal forums that I moderate.

We have had a Ton of meets in NorCal this year so far. If you attended them you'd see INDIGOGRL's car and could ask all the questions you want.
Old 08-04-06, 07:32 PM
blustoneIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by INDGOGRL
My husband cut out the rear bumper to match the right side exhaust opening , but before we had the bumper painted, he also added back up radar sensors.

The exhaust is made from Borla mufflers and exhaust tips. The system was custom welded by a local shop. My husband lost the install pictures, but he can answer any technical questions if you have any. I know he installed heat insulation on the left side and moved an electrical wire away from the muffler.

Tita Maricar, as always, a very unique and nicely done mod...

Mark
Old 08-05-06, 03:59 AM
RMMGS4

Hey Mark !

The wifey is in the PI, but I'll ask her to respond when she returns.

Coming to EOS ??

It's The Last Dance you know.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231071

Old 09-06-06, 06:21 PM
BigJoeD
Pole Position

Well I sold my IS, but that's not gonna stop me from hearing about any new mods to this BEAUTIFUL car. What's new????

Quick Reply: My IS Story: Day 1