IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Teyes CC3 Android Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-23, 11:09 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

So update on the 2k screen with the faceplate. There is a special update they make for it. It does fix the issue some but it still isn't perfect. Hoping they are willing to make another new update.

Also did find the cable I was missing to have plugged in and my airbag light is resolved. I picked up a new mic from EnfigCarStereo. It is 3d printed to fit in the factory mic location so you don't have to clip it onto a pillar or the mirror. Lastly, picked up a GPS adapter to use the factory GPS antenna with the android radio as well which seems to work well.

Old 10-11-23, 03:42 PM
protato
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to know if everyone has the same issue with the **** controlling the volume differentely as compared to the steering wheel volume button? Even the volume message pop ups are different styles.

Also, is there a software fix to disable the internal mic and only use the external mic?
Old 10-11-23, 05:29 PM
HeiHei
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
So update on the 2k screen with the faceplate. There is a special update they make for it. It does fix the issue some but it still isn't perfect. Hoping they are willing to make another new update.

Also did find the cable I was missing to have plugged in and my airbag light is resolved. I picked up a new mic from EnfigCarStereo. It is 3d printed to fit in the factory mic location so you don't have to clip it onto a pillar or the mirror. Lastly, picked up a GPS adapter to use the factory GPS antenna with the android radio as well which seems to work well.
Hi, do you have a link to the mic and/or gps adapter?
Old 10-12-23, 01:26 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by protato
Just wanted to know if everyone has the same issue with the **** controlling the volume differentely as compared to the steering wheel volume button? Even the volume message pop ups are different styles.
The volume **** on the CD changer unit itself is the car's master volume. It has nothing to do with the volume of the system. When you adjust the volume on the CD changer the system will show car volume. The idea is you set the master volume on something high and then only use the steering wheel volume buton or the touch screen to adjust the volume.

Originally Posted by protato
Also, is there a software fix to disable the internal mic and only use the external mic?
Newly manufactured motherboards from March 2023 support the function of switching between internal and external microphones in the software.

If you have the newer unit then to switch between internal and external mic is in the following settings:

Go to Settings - Factory Settings - 168 - Microphone Switch.

For older motherboards, if you want to use only the external microphone, you need to physically remove the hardware of the internal microphone. Otherwise, both the internal and external microphones will work simultaneously and volume will be weak.

Click here to see the difference between the old and new motherboards,
The following users liked this post:
zcollier (02-06-24)
Old 10-12-23, 06:25 AM
Alternet
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Would you or anyone on this thread happen to have good EQ settings for Non Mark Levinson stereo's? I have been playing around a bit but cant seem to get it sounding quite right so far.

Originally Posted by ahmed24
The volume **** on the CD changer unit itself is the car's master volume. It has nothing to do with the volume of the system. When you adjust the volume on the CD changer the system will show car volume. The idea is you set the master volume on something high and then only use the steering wheel volume buton or the touch screen to adjust the volume.

Newly manufactured motherboards from March 2023 support the function of switching between internal and external microphones in the software.

If you have the newer unit then to switch between internal and external mic is in the following settings:

Go to Settings - Factory Settings - 168 - Microphone Switch.

For older motherboards, if you want to use only the external microphone, you need to physically remove the hardware of the internal microphone. Otherwise, both the internal and external microphones will work simultaneously and volume will be weak.

Click here to see the difference between the old and new motherboards,
Old 10-20-23, 09:49 PM
Diggins
1st Gear

Default OEM Camera

I am trying to get the OEM Reverse Camera to work on the CC3 2K (model B that is meant to be the plug and play that is compatible with the IS250s that had the 07 mark levinson black screen nav)

I have everything connected but when I put the car into reverse the CC3 changes to reverse cam view with the guide lines but there is no image from the camera. I have a feeling its not getting any power. Not sure what to do - anyone had this problem and fixed it?
Old 10-30-23, 08:52 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HeiHei
Hi, do you have a link to the mic and/or gps adapter?
Mic
https://shop.enfigcarstereo.com/product/enfig-mic-toy1/

GPS Adapter
https://www.discountcarstereo.com/HFC-SMA.html

I think all years of the IS use the same GPS plug but please confirm to be sure cause there are two different used across Toyota products of those years.
Old 02-06-24, 08:51 PM
sweaver808
1st Gear

I have a 2013 IS250C and I’m thinking I might have the same issue. Would you by chance have any pictures of the back of your NAV unit? Before I pursue hitting up Teyes for a compatible unit, I’d rather compare mine to someone who’s already been down this road

feel free to DM me… I just registered for the forum today and it’s not allowing me to DM yet. TIA

Originally Posted by awreadie
I purchased a Model A headunit from TEYES for my 2013 IS350 (has OEM NAV).
The harness they sent did not match any of my connections, and the mounting bracket did not fit.

Not sure what the difference is for 2006-2012 2is with OEM NAV, but the 2013 (2is) connections are way different.
TEYES tech support kept saying they were waiting on their engineer aka vendor to come up with a possible harness for me.

I had to follow up constantly, they would not update me unless I emailed them. The purchase was made over a month ago and been waiting on their tech support for weeks.
I lost interest and told them I wanted to return multiple times, and they finally provided a return address.
Of course I will have to pay for international shipping from the States to Australia.

Just FYI for anyone who wants to purchase, to make sure to remove your current unit and make sure TEYES will be compatible before purchasing.
It looks like a very nice unit, and it's a shame it didn't work out for me.
Old 04-07-24, 10:31 PM
niccoIS250
3rd Gear

Default 2011 Lexus IS250 Teyes CC3 2K - Volume Failure

I would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice on the following:

Install instructions I followed as as per:

https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/b-harness-lexus-is250-xe20-2005-2013-f1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Uw6Ah-NTFEXOR14YaVHbJ3IS5-euCgC/view

Hi all. I installed the Teyes on 29/06/2023 and the unit functioned perfectly for 8 months until suddenly, the PWR.VOL button stopped turning the car speakers on (and the respective vol icon ceased to appear on the screen). I've attempted to illustrate in the image attached.

I also note that the fascia buttons no longer make the beeping sound when pressed. Everything else seems to be functioning as it was before (albeit without sound) Steering wheel and fascia buttons activate the functions on the Teyes and Display.

* I also note another strange occurrence in the last couple days in that the a/c display on the teyes screen randomly appears and disappears from time to time without any buttons being pressed.

Troubleshooting to date:

1. Factory restart

2. Disconnect car battery

3. Checked all fuses

4. Replaced existing amp with 2nd hand factory pioneer amplifier

5. Pulled out unit and checked all connections

Old 04-08-24, 02:18 AM
ahmed24
Intermediate

Received 114 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by niccoIS250
I would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice on the following:
Try going to Vehicle settings app, then Car Radio then select a factory Radio channel and see if that kick starts the audio. By going to vehicle settings app the going to radio or even cd player, you are bypassing the teyes completely and trying to play through the oem lower unit. If this plays then it’s on the teyes. If it does play, then close that app by swipe up then try teyes audio again

Originally Posted by niccoIS250
* I also note another strange occurrence in the last couple days in that the a/c display on the teyes screen randomly appears and disappears from time to time without any buttons being pressed.
It’s normal. You probably just didn’t notice it before. This is the reason I am making my own climate control app for the Teyes. The reason the popup appears is because you have the climate control set to AUTO and in this mode the car is making small adjustments like fan speed and flow direction. These adjustments that the car is making automatically isn’t being done by you but essentially the app is listening for these changes as it cannot determine difference between the car making the change or you making it. So it thinks you changed a setting and hence shows the popup
​​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
sheetmetalfab (04-08-24)
Old 04-15-24, 12:16 AM
niccoIS250
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ahmed24
Try going to Vehicle settings app, then Car Radio then select a factory Radio channel and see if that kick starts the audio. By going to vehicle settings app the going to radio or even cd player, you are bypassing the teyes completely and trying to play through the oem lower unit. If this plays then it’s on the teyes. If it does play, then close that app by swipe up then try teyes audio again
Thanks for the reply. Tried this without any luck. None of the buttons worked either. You can see that it's not recognising the amp (also the same when I plugged in the original amp)

It’s normal. You probably just didn’t notice it before. This is the reason I am making my own climate control app for the Teyes. The reason the popup appears is because you have the climate control set to AUTO and in this mode the car is making small adjustments like fan speed and flow direction. These adjustments that the car is making automatically isn’t being done by you but essentially the app is listening for these changes as it cannot determine difference between the car making the change or you making it. So it thinks you changed a setting and hence shows the popup
I checked to see if the AC mode was on Auto and it wasn't (as per images) the popup is still appearing at random

I also tried to turn off the A/C control display in the options, but then it stopped the above screen from functioning. So I turned them back on and still A/C controls popup and above menu didn't appear. I did a factory reset and that resolved the issue.
I still have random A/C pop-up.

Old 04-15-24, 12:23 AM
niccoIS250
3rd Gear

Default Reverse Camera - Dynamic Lines Not Functioning Correctly

Hi all. Can anyone advise why the reverse camera lines are not functioning properly now on my Teyes CC3? This problem started after my battery died about 2 weeks ago. When I was jump started I noticed right away that the lines were out of sync. If I put the car into reverse and the wheels are straight, it will begin with straight lines. Until such time as I turn the wheel, the lines go in the wrong direction and then don't return to center. See images. Appreciate any advice.

Notice steering wheel is turned but lines are straight.

Notice steering wheel has been returned to center and yet lines haven't return to central position.
Old 04-15-24, 02:01 AM
re90
1st Gear

Originally Posted by BikeGuy
I guess you are running an older firmware or Vincent Vega Edition firmware ? Could you share that bootanimation it looks awesome.

Question for you in regards to FM radio, I installed a Teyes CC3 unit in my 2010 RX350 and it did not come with an adaptor to plug the radio antenna, I purchased an adaptor which has a blue wire which you attach to antenna power G8 on Teyes wiring diagram. First I plugged in the antenna without the power wire and instantly the reception was far better, I then plugged in the antenna power but honesty it sounds the same which is not as good as with the stock unit. Did you find that your audio reception degraded compared to stock ?
Just curious, remote touch doesn't work with Teyes CC3, does it?
Old 08-13-24, 02:35 PM
Allen13
3rd Gear

I just got this headunit in for my 2011 non ML with Navi. I ordered the Option A. I hooked everything up per the instructions but what is different on mine is the processor and Navi share the same housing. On the back of the cd changer there is a third plug that I don’t see anywhere else online. I have absolutely no sound and cannot control my AC. I have attached pics of the factory harness and the back of the cd changer. It almost seems like the amp is getting no power.

Old 08-14-24, 12:42 PM
Allen13
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by awreadie
I purchased a Model A headunit from TEYES for my 2013 IS350 (has OEM NAV).
The harness they sent did not match any of my connections, and the mounting bracket did not fit.

Not sure what the difference is for 2006-2012 2is with OEM NAV, but the 2013 (2is) connections are way different.
TEYES tech support kept saying they were waiting on their engineer aka vendor to come up with a possible harness for me.

I had to follow up constantly, they would not update me unless I emailed them. The purchase was made over a month ago and been waiting on their tech support for weeks.
I lost interest and told them I wanted to return multiple times, and they finally provided a return address.
Of course I will have to pay for international shipping from the States to Australia.

Just FYI for anyone who wants to purchase, to make sure to remove your current unit and make sure TEYES will be compatible before purchasing.
It looks like a very nice unit, and it's a shame it didn't work out for me.
do you have a pic of your connections? I’m wondering if that is the same for 2011?

Quick Reply: Teyes CC3 Android Head Unit