IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Port Moody not honoring warranty! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-23, 05:15 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

Old 05-03-23, 07:08 PM
Stereo
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Well Lexus Port Moody won't pay for the repairs so..

https://twitter.com/LexusConsumer

Here's a little something I am working on to get them to pay for the repairs!
Old 05-04-23, 07:01 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

Dude, a well-detailed letter/email to local investigative journalists is gonna be better than the social media route. Also, if you want your car running, find a good independent Lexus mechanic. Get carbon blasting for the engine maybe?

Do you want the car running right or do you want revenge?

Is there a Google review on the Port Moody Lexus website?
The following 2 users liked this post by firestart9:
Protholl (05-24-23), Stereo (05-04-23)
Old 05-04-23, 10:15 PM
Stereo
Driver School Candidate

I did send it through CBC and CTV. Do you have any other journalists you would recommend? Carbon blasting in my research can be quite expensive, and I have only had the car for a month. I told them these issues within 10 days of purchase, granted, they did say they would fix anything wrong with the vehicle. Do you see why I would be a bit hesitant to get it repaired under my own dime, especially after spending 13k already?

Don't care much for revenge, I just want the car running right as it should be.

I put in a Google review on their website with my twitter handle.
Old 05-05-23, 03:56 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

I'm in Toronto, so there are people but I can't recall their names offhand. Go to RedFlagDeals Automotive and post your story there. People will make suggestions.

But ultimately, I don't know what you want here. Car is certified and road-worthy. That's what dealers guarantee--vehicle runs and drives.

Pay independent shops to get your car up to YOUR standards and maybe the VSA will help you recoup damages later. But we're talking about hundreds of dollars. Carbon cleaning costs like $350 in Toronto at recommended place.

I spent $10,500 on my IS250, and then paid more $$$ for maintenance items like fluid changes and spark plugs. Same on all the cars I've owned: Price of buying the car is not the cost of ownership. And those were all good cars!

Think positive about your situation and you'll be better off. I know this cos I bought a car without realizing several flaws that cost me different amounts of money or time spent repairing later. And that's 100% on me.
The following users liked this post:
burbdad (05-07-23)
Old 05-07-23, 07:53 AM
firestart9
Intermediate

btw always get a PPI no matter who is selling a car. You NEVER know what you will find:

Protholl (05-27-23)
Old 05-24-23, 12:45 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

update please!
Old 05-24-23, 01:27 PM
Stereo
Driver School Candidate

Hey! Update as requested: There were SEVERAL safety issues that they "passed" such as broken ball joints, rotors being under thickness and some weird shaking.. yet to discover what that issue is (something to do with the brakes).

Had my intake manifold taken out to inspect, there were weird gashes on the valves, etc.. as if someone was in there before. Checked the maintenance sheet and it looks like they did spark plugs like 2-3km before the actual sale.. so they must have known these issues when selling.

VSA has sent them a formal letter, tomorrow being the end date for them to respond without the Ministry of Registrar stepping in.
firestart9 (05-24-23)
Old 05-24-23, 01:29 PM
Stereo
Driver School Candidate

I believe in BC Vehicle Dealers MUST disclose ALL damages before sale.. so this is going to be interesting.
firestart9 (05-24-23)
Old 05-24-23, 06:11 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If I am correct, the government is suppose to have oversight the dealership in terms of inspection before it even went through the sale, otherwise any dealership can get in trouble for not inspecting the vehicle properly.

This would differ in the US were that oversight does not exist and can have problems; I experienced that when the a US Lexus dealership failed to inspect a vehicle properly which I purchased a CPO IS back at the time. Apparently it had been in an accident however, the dealership fail to note that in the Lexus inspection report even thou it Carfax did not show it either. It was only until I brought it to a autobody shop that Lexus recommended, the truth was discovered. I was going to legally sue them and get a hold of the attorney general but then they offered to take it back and to get me a new IS 250 at the time without mark up because this trouble.

@Stereo Maybe you could get a hold of Christian Chia since he's the CEO of Open Road Auto Group.

Last edited by Sango; 05-24-23 at 06:18 PM.
Old 05-24-23, 08:26 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

The provincial authority can probably get the dealer to return your payment entirely plus repair expenses. If the safety wasn't legit.

You gotta be clear what you want tho because the dealer will offer further repair or some other compromise that costs them the least.

Stay firm to what YOU consider a fair settlement.
Old 05-26-23, 12:15 PM
Stereo
Driver School Candidate

I would honestly want all the of the issues replaced.. not some ghetto way of a repair. + some compensation for the amount of time + gas I have wasted (using 94 octane). Driving like a grandma would get me 340-350kms a tank.. driving a bit more spirited would get me just over 300kms.. wasting a lot of money on gas when the car shouldn't be driving like the way it is atm. Will update you guys when I get an update..
firestart9 (05-26-23)
Old 05-26-23, 02:42 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

That's great. I wouldn't be shy about accepting a buyback either and pursuing another car like Civic SI, Accord V6 or even another 2IS incl IS350.

If the car was in an accident, you will get your money + some damages.

Good luck and take those ****ers to the cleaners!
Old 05-26-23, 02:50 PM
firestart9
Intermediate

If you want better gas mileage you'll need to go for the RWD-only car & avoid IS350. AWD uses a ton of gas because of the differential and weight.

Base model will use least gas because no sunroof, leather seats or 8-way seat.

Apparently the economy is headed downhill so you may be able to negotiate a better deal soon.

I also recommend Acura TSX--no direct injection, same power as IS250 and same basic handling, too.
Old 05-26-23, 06:50 PM
011is250
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just filled up today, light wasn't on, little bit less than quarter tank on the gauge. 90% city driving, psi was good (over inflated on accident) new air filter, no carbon cleaning just oil catch can. I did not drive like a grandma the entire time, redlined a few times, and some spirited driving.

Pump clicked at 49.5L and the ODO read 457Km, which is about 10.8-11L/100km. (fml.. $93 to fill up)

2011 IS250 AWD, 149,xxx KM. Mostly flat terrain btw.
The following 2 users liked this post by 011is250:
firestart9 (05-27-23), Stereo (05-31-23)

Quick Reply: Lexus Port Moody not honoring warranty! Help!