No sound for Bluetooth or aux, but radio and CD work

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-23, 11:57 AM
Anr237
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No sound for Bluetooth or aux, but radio and CD work

Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Lexus is350c. The volume for Bluetooth and aux connection is no longer working, but the volume for the radio and cd works just fine. I read some other threads and took a look at the amp and it looked ok. My impression was that this is a separate issue because an amp would affect all volume. Anyone else experience anything similar?

thank you!
Old 04-28-23, 07:07 PM
Arsenii
Pole Position

Received 794 Likes on 666 Posts

Hello,

How did the issue first begin?

Bluetooth and AUX are the only systems where the volume can be set with something other than a dial on the radio itself, which makes me wonder if there is a setting that disables volume control for those outputs. Try calling a dealership, they may have an answer for you. I can say for a fact that it's not the Amp that adjusts the volume, it only amplifies the signal from the radio, what you output to it is what you will get amplified, so there is something else at play here.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
Old 05-02-23, 04:52 AM
Anr237
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

Bluetooth and AUX are the only systems where the volume can be set with something other than a dial on the radio itself, which makes me wonder if there is a setting that disables volume control for those outputs. Try calling a dealership, they may have an answer for you. I can say for a fact that it's not the Amp that adjusts the volume, it only amplifies the signal from the radio, what you output to it is what you will get amplified, so there is something else at play here.

I am not entirely sure how the issue first began - I was handed down the car from a family member. I am going to try calling a lexus mechanic and see what they say. The phone will connect via bluetooth and even show which songs are playing but no sound. Same with the aux. Phone calls via bluetooth work just fine too!
Old 05-02-23, 06:34 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,525 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Arsenii
Hello,

Originally Posted by Anr237
I am not entirely sure how the issue first began - I was handed down the car from a family member. I am going to try calling a lexus mechanic and see what they say. The phone will connect via bluetooth and even show which songs are playing but no sound. Same with the aux. Phone calls via bluetooth work just fine too!
Look at post #50 in my build thread. It shows how to access the system and change bluetooth communication volume which may or may not help your cause. If nothing else there are some diagnostic aids... post #50
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...nce-diy-3.html

Car is a 2013 with Nav.
Old 05-04-23, 08:45 AM
Anr237
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by 2013FSport
Look at post #50 in my build thread. It shows how to access the system and change bluetooth communication volume which may or may not help your cause. If nothing else there are some diagnostic aids... post #50
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...nce-diy-3.html

Car is a 2013 with Nav.
Thanks for the advice. Here is an update in case anyone in the future is having a similar issue:

I went to the dealer and they wanted $1800 to replace the entire nav/multimedia unit. I followed your steps and got the error code B15DF. I cleared the memory for the codes. After that, I took out the usb port from the arm rest console and then unplugged it (accessed via the backseat air conditioning unit) and then plugged everything back in, took about 5 minutes. I can now hear my music when my iPhone is plugged in via usb. Bluetooth and aux still don't work but I'm pretty happy with this solution!