IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

F-Sport Parts Are Starting to Discontinue...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-24 | 08:04 PM
NimoG35
10th Gear

Default F-Sport Parts Are Starting to Discontinue...

I recently inquired again at my local dealership about getting an F-sport exhaust. But turns out, they discontinued it! I verified with other dealerships and online parts stores and it seems to be a Lexus thing itself. It also seems to extend to the big brake kits as well but this part number still shows up on Ebay. I'm a little bummed I waited too long. Right now I'm looking at HKS Hi-power and Greddy Supreme. We'll see which one I'm feeling but in the meantime any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-12-24 | 08:15 AM
EdgarLex
Pit Crew

If you plan on keeping your IS in the long run. I can say with confidence that the F Sport Exhaust is 100% worth it. I had the F Sport Exhaust on my 2IS and I don't think I could ever get my 4th gen GS to sound as good as my IS ever did. It had a unique sound as both mufflers produced a different tone. Nice subtle touch of bigger exhaust tips without being ricy. Not too loud but loud enough to hear it. No rasp but there is still a change in tone when you climb up the RPMs. The car would also pop a little on decels (not like a BMW but just a small pop).

The only can is money lol. Not cheap at all, hopefully you can find a used one.

My brother had a Megan which is a very similar design to the HKS. (a straight through muffler) It sounds good but it just kinda drones up and down the RPM range.
Old 01-12-24 | 09:12 AM
kenji211
Driver

I will be picking up a Joe Z dual exhaust this weekend. If I like how it sounds, my F-Sport exhaust could be up for sale if anybody is interested.

I am located in Tampa, FL.
Old 01-12-24 | 02:26 PM
Yamehoo
Pit Crew

I hope you'll like the Joe Z sound. But it was not the case for me. F-sport exhaust sounds much better with more articulate and control. I sold my Joe Z in less than a week as they were in high demand for some reason
Old 01-12-24 | 02:29 PM
MikeFig82
Lead Lap

I thought most of the Fsport Accessories were discontinued some time ago.

I think most sway bar kits are one of the last to be still offered on ebay + the intake system.
Old 01-12-24 | 03:17 PM
Yamehoo
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by EdgarLex
If you plan on keeping your IS in the long run. I can say with confidence that the F Sport Exhaust is 100% worth it. I had the F Sport Exhaust on my 2IS and I don't think I could ever get my 4th gen GS to sound as good as my IS ever did. It had a unique sound as both mufflers produced a different tone. Nice subtle touch of bigger exhaust tips without being ricy. Not too loud but loud enough to hear it. No rasp but there is still a change in tone when you climb up the RPMs. The car would also pop a little on decels (not like a BMW but just a small pop).

My brother had a Megan which is a very similar design to the HKS. (a straight through muffler) It sounds good but it just kinda drones up and down the RPM range.
I love the pops in my F-sport exhaust lol
Old 01-12-24 | 07:44 PM
NimoG35
10th Gear

Originally Posted by MikeFig82
I thought most of the Fsport Accessories were discontinued some time ago.

I think most sway bar kits are one of the last to be still offered on ebay + the intake system.
There was still a few things I believe, like the springs? But I think I mostly see cosmetics being sold by dealership. Like the engine cover and shifter handle. I inquired about the exhaust 3 years ago and the exhaust was still available. This was probably recently.
Old 01-12-24 | 07:46 PM
NimoG35
10th Gear

Originally Posted by EdgarLex

That was honestly the one exhaust that I liked and funny enough TheStraightPipes had convinced me.
Old 01-14-24 | 08:49 AM
imkIS350c
Driver

Very unfortunate, they decided to discontinue F part. I wanted to get F sport shift ****, they confirmed that it was discontinued.
Old 01-14-24 | 09:52 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

I always thought that F Sport Lexus exhaust was made by, and the same as Tanabe? It sure does sound identical.
Old 01-14-24 | 05:41 PM
NimoG35
10th Gear

Originally Posted by jgscott
I always thought that F Sport Lexus exhaust was made by, and the same as Tanabe? It sure does sound identical.
Have you personally heard the difference between the two? I'm really considering tanabe exhaust as a backup due to the design being so similiar. Tanabe sounds more growly in the vids I watched and the f sport sounded more g35-ish before it broke in.
Old 01-14-24 | 05:48 PM
NimoG35
10th Gear

Originally Posted by imkIS350c
Very unfortunate, they decided to discontinue F part. I wanted to get F sport shift ****, they confirmed that it was discontinued.
I was still able to order a shifter a few days ago. Might want to check around. Here's the link I used for looking nationwide:

https://parts.lexus.com/p/Lexus_2012...TR5153080.html