IS 250 2012 F Sport /Transmission fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-24, 10:20 AM
TRiXzN
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS 250 2012 F Sport /Transmission fluid change

Hi

I'm scheduled for a full service at the Lexus dealership tomorrow, which includes oil, gearbox oil, brake fluid, and coolant changes.

Although I received other offers from different garages, I ultimately chose the Lexus official service. However, I googled into forums that there is referred as 'timeless transmission oil,' but I'm skeptical of such a term. That i never need to change it

Vehicle - is 250 f sport / 180 000 km / automatic / petrol.
I dont know if previous owner has changed transmission fluid.

Lexus assured me that it's safe to change the gearbox oil and they've approved it. Still feeling a bit paranoid, though."

I think im going for drain and fill still

Last edited by TRiXzN; 04-23-24 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Forgot to add word
Old 04-23-24, 03:10 PM
2013FSport
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Originally Posted by TRiXzN
Hi

I'm scheduled for a full service at the Lexus dealership tomorrow, which includes oil, gearbox oil, brake fluid, and coolant changes.

Although I received other offers from different garages, I ultimately chose the Lexus official service. However, I googled into forums that there is referred as 'timeless transmission oil,' but I'm skeptical of such a term. That i never need to change it

Vehicle - is 250 f sport / 180 000 km / automatic / petrol.
I dont know if previous owner has changed transmission fluid.

Lexus assured me that it's safe to change the gearbox oil and they've approved it. Still feeling a bit paranoid, though."

I think im going for drain and fill still

Not trying to be pill, but there probably 50 threads like this on ATF. They'll drain like 3qts tops and charge you $350 to set the level. Consider finding an indi to do the trans or pay. Ideally, they drop the pan and filter to get more out at once, but few will do that.

Search and read up on some of the other threads for more info.