Parking assist factory vs dealer option

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-24, 01:51 AM
jedan
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Parking assist factory vs dealer option

Hey Club Lexus,

I was looking at installing parking assist, as described here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ng-assist.html
So I've sent a message to local Toyota dealership just to see what would be the cost of parts new. However the salesman I was talking with, stated that these are parts for the car that comes with parking assist installed from the factory, and that these can not be installed in a car that did not come with it originally (he said he confirmed this with their technician, that my car doesn't have compatible computer and "clock"). He said what I need is parts from parking assist option and that this is different from the parking assist from the factory. He was not able to elaborate how they differ from user perspective. My guess is that option does not have a gauge cluster graphics, just an audio beep.

So it would be great if anyone could elaborate on:
1) Functional difference between parking assist from the factory and parking assist as an option.
2) Is it really true that some cars don't have computer that supports assist natively (we already know that there are cars which did not come with them from the factory, but you could add them later, but is this true for all the cars)?

Btw, these are the parts number they offered:
PZ46400422AB - 2x for 233€
PZ464K0425B0 - 1x for 333€
Old 06-26-24, 10:10 AM
jedan
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm removed the trunk carpet, there is a connector for Clearance Warning Control Module, so I'm inclined to believe they are bsing me. I'll try to get my hands on the control module, to see if graphic will appear on the gauge cluster...
Old 06-27-24, 02:11 AM
Inactive
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jedan
Hey Club Lexus,

I was looking at installing parking assist, as described here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ng-assist.html
So I've sent a message to local Toyota dealership just to see what would be the cost of parts new. However the salesman I was talking with, stated that these are parts for the car that comes with parking assist installed from the factory, and that these can not be installed in a car that did not come with it originally (he said he confirmed this with their technician, that my car doesn't have compatible computer and "clock"). He said what I need is parts from parking assist option and that this is different from the parking assist from the factory. He was not able to elaborate how they differ from user perspective. My guess is that option does not have a gauge cluster graphics, just an audio beep.

So it would be great if anyone could elaborate on:
1) Functional difference between parking assist from the factory and parking assist as an option.
2) Is it really true that some cars don't have computer that supports assist natively (we already know that there are cars which did not come with them from the factory, but you could add them later, but is this true for all the cars)?

Btw, these are the parts number they offered:
PZ46400422AB - 2x for 233€
PZ464K0425B0 - 1x for 333€
I don't know for sure, but I think park assist is added at the dealership, when you take off the front and rear bumpers there are markers for the holes to be drilled for the sensors, which makes me personally inclined to believe its meant to be done after producting at the factor. Also about the parking assist ECU, just plugging it in to that connector under the trunk carpet will let you turn parking assist on and off with the satellite switch, and show the graphic on the gauge cluster (the only graphic that will show is "Check Sonar" because no sensors are plugged in, once you plug in all the sensors it will go away and function as normal.) I recently did that DIY for park assist, so if you have any questions on it let me know.
Old 06-28-24, 05:03 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 267 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Inactive
I don't know for sure, but I think park assist is added at the dealership, when you take off the front and rear bumpers there are markers for the holes to be drilled for the sensors, which makes me personally inclined to believe its meant to be done after producting at the factor.
No, park assist is definitely a factory installed option. Order code is PA (see https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ml#post1520220 ), and was on the original sticker of my IS350.