IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Large IS 350 pics (56k hell!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-05, 03:08 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks really low - not much of a gap on the wheel.

Can someone who has gone to the ny auto show comment on whether that's the case with the show car ?
Old 03-26-05, 03:49 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by ny888
It looks really low - not much of a gap on the wheel.

Can someone who has gone to the ny auto show comment on whether that's the case with the show car ?
Even if the show car does not have a wide wheel gap does not mean the production version will necessarily be so.
Old 03-26-05, 03:55 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Even if the show car does not have a wide wheel gap does not mean the production version will necessarily be so.
I know but we can hope for the best.

Then again, it won't make a difference once Teins are available for it.
Old 03-26-05, 05:13 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Is anyone else looking at these pics alot lately? These are some of the best pics ever.

Thanks again 1SICKLEX
Old 03-26-05, 07:21 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CSenior
Thanks for those sharp photos 1SICKLEX!

I wonder why Lexus decided to make the shifter one-way, down shift on the left side and up shift on the right. Or are they planning on having both sides the same as they currently come now. IMO I prefer both sides being the same as they are now (up & down shift). This way all options are on the table in real world conditions.

No way, Jose. I am stoked that they adopted the paddles like they have them instead of tiny buttons on both sides. It's actuall much more intuitive, trust me. You'll get used to it quickly, and then favor it.

That said, I still want a manual tranny. But the paddles would be good for the girlfriend's car.
Old 03-26-05, 10:01 PM
CSenior
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by replica
No way, Jose. I am stoked that they adopted the paddles like they have them instead of tiny buttons on both sides. It's actuall much more intuitive, trust me. You'll get used to it quickly, and then favor it.

That said, I still want a manual tranny. But the paddles would be good for the girlfriend's car.
You missed the whole point... I am fine with the paddles (and they look great) but by the way it looks now what I don't like is that now instead of being able to up shift and down shift on either left or right you are actually limited in shifting being only able to down shift on the left and up shift on the right. Take a closer look at the paddles and look at the minus (-) and plus (+) symbols. I just hope that the shifting is not going to be the way it looks now...
Old 03-27-05, 12:02 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CSenior
You missed the whole point... I am fine with the paddles (and they look great) but by the way it looks now what I don't like is that now instead of being able to up shift and down shift on either left or right you are actually limited in shifting being only able to down shift on the left and up shift on the right. Take a closer look at the paddles and look at the minus (-) and plus (+) symbols. I just hope that the shifting is not going to be the way it looks now...
I agree completely. Although it's nice to finally have something that you can actually use; the "Down" button was too damn small (in the GS400) for even my small hands to use. You'll get used to it quickly, I'm sure.

Interior question: where the heck are the cupholders?
Old 03-27-05, 01:29 PM
1Violinist
Driver School Candidate

Default Cupholders

It looks like they are between the center armrest and the gear ****.
Old 03-27-05, 03:01 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny Mo
At the NY Car show I noticed the IS has no sunroof. Also, none of the press photos show the IS with a sunroof. I find this rather odd, since it is almost impossible to get a Lexus vehicle without a sunroof, that they would showcase the IS without one. Do you guys think it will still be available with a sunroof, or are they looking to make the transition to coupe/hardtop convertible easier for next year?

pretty sure they do have moonroof option, based on this pic, and the **** control for the moonroof

Old 03-27-05, 04:11 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

But look at the sunvisors in the above pic, doesn't look like the sunvisors at the auto show. There are no indention grip handles for visor.

This goes to show it's not always what it seems. maybe the US won't even get this **** for sunroof but a switch style instead?
Old 03-27-05, 05:28 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
But look at the sunvisors in the above pic, doesn't look like the sunvisors at the auto show. There are no indention grip handles for visor.

This goes to show it's not always what it seems. maybe the US won't even get this **** for sunroof but a switch style instead?
It's called hand made pre-production models. The little bits and pieces we see now of the pre-production IS will certainly change when they hit the showrooms.
Old 03-27-05, 07:10 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I freakin' luv this pic!

Old 03-27-05, 07:13 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

They're awesome. Those were taken on campus at Toyota HQ in Torrance.
Old 03-27-05, 07:16 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

I love it. I seriously expect Lexus to sell more than the 45,000 cars they expect.

The interior reminds me somewhat of my Legend I had until very recent.

There is also a lot more rear legroom than I expected, unless the front seats are cleverly positioned a bit forward.

Can't wait to see the car in person and I also greatly anticipate the rumored coupe.
Old 03-27-05, 08:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Went to the Auto Show yesterday. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING once again!! It looks so much better in person. Very sharp looking car. This car was literally surrounded at the show. Many people really liked the design(from overhearing some conversations). And as usual pictures dont do this car justice. Its extremely low to the ground, barely any wheel gap, and hella wide. The front end looks very menacing, while the rear is very well smoothed out, but still looks great. My lady friend who owns a BMW 330Ci particularly liked it. She said the headlights reminded her of her car, but it looks so much more meaner. Like it has more authority. I asked her if she wold buy it, and answered no because it doesnt have 2 doors. She now knows about the 2 door coming next year, and it might be a possibility. She however has to see how the next gen 330Ci looks. Shes a pretty loyal BMW fan. Loves the hard steering of her car. Can't be mad at that.

I really didnt have as much time to look at the car as I wanted to becuase the Lexus section was way overcrowded. So I had to take a few looks and keep it moving. I might be back there next weekend to really have a long look at all the cars.

If yall have anymore questions, let me know. I'll try to help yall out a bit.

Quick Reply: Large IS 350 pics (56k hell!)