IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Known differences between the IS250 and IS350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 06:08 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kept hearing the starting price target for the IS250 was under 30 grand not including tax (but I think *maybe* including destination?)
Old 04-06-05, 06:09 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooretorque
CK6, interesting thoughts about taking GS430 overall. As you can see from my sig, I've got a 430 but am considering a 350. Definitely am more taken with the IS styling than the GS (tho most of us have only seen the GS in the metal, on the ground) and if the interior is nice enough (hard to go backwards in that regard, personally) plus a 6 spd with 3 pedals in a couple of years, I could be had. But then, in a couple of years the GS might have a bigger V8 (tho I'm beginning to doubt this with the T/L commitment to hybrid) and I'm back on the fence or even back in the GS. And then there are the rumors of the IS430..............arrrrrrggghhhh!!!!!

Since my time frame to turn the GS is 2-3 years, I can torture myself for quite a long time, waiting to see what Lexus will eventually do............. But then, I'm dam happy with my 430, so the wait isn't too bad!
Actually I too like the style of the IS more than the GS especially the interior. While the GS interior is nice and I don't mind it at all, it does have rather hard lines compared to the smooth interior of the IS which actually remind of the LS430. I like that. The reason why I say I think I like the GS430 more over all (Price aside) is because of the size. I'm not sure if the smaller size of the IS will be okay with me. I think it will, but I really have to see it in person and sit inside it. Now, I am small at 5'4", but I kind of like the mid size cars more than the compact cars. Everything about the IS sounds like the car for me, but until I actually sit in it and see the size of it I have to still go with the GS430 over all since I have been able to see that car in person. Hopefully it will turn out to be an acceptable size since saving $15K is sure a lot of money.
Old 04-07-05, 09:34 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Actually I too like the style of the IS more than the GS especially the interior. While the GS interior is nice and I don't mind it at all, it does have rather hard lines compared to the smooth interior of the IS which actually remind of the LS430. I like that. The reason why I say I think I like the GS430 more over all (Price aside) is because of the size. I'm not sure if the smaller size of the IS will be okay with me. I think it will, but I really have to see it in person and sit inside it. Now, I am small at 5'4", but I kind of like the mid size cars more than the compact cars. Everything about the IS sounds like the car for me, but until I actually sit in it and see the size of it I have to still go with the GS430 over all since I have been able to see that car in person. Hopefully it will turn out to be an acceptable size since saving $15K is sure a lot of money.
Size is a concern to me, too, tho not the front seats (I'm not much bigger than you at 5'8") so much as the back since I have two growing boys (not that kids mind folding up into tight back seats, but I'd just as soon not have feet on seats/center console,etc).
Old 04-07-05, 10:48 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mooretorque
Size is a concern to me, too, tho not the front seats (I'm not much bigger than you at 5'8") so much as the back since I have two growing boys (not that kids mind folding up into tight back seats, but I'd just as soon not have feet on seats/center console,etc).
I'm 6'2" and 205lbs and unless I'm completely delusional, I'm pretty sure the few times I've sat in the current-gen IS it has felt completely comfortable.

I doubt the new IS is any smaller. If anything it probably grew a bit.
Old 04-07-05, 03:15 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Threxx
I'm 6'2" and 205lbs and unless I'm completely delusional, I'm pretty sure the few times I've sat in the current-gen IS it has felt completely comfortable.

I doubt the new IS is any smaller. If anything it probably grew a bit.
The new IS is actually a little larger according to the specs released somewhere on this site.

For me at least,, I'm not talking about pysically fitting inside the car, but more so just a preferance as to the size of car I want to drive. Normally I would rather drive a car the size of a GS, or RL, or 5 series. However, I wouldn't rule out driving a more compact car either, but it is something that I need to get the feel of first hand before I make a decision. It is just a comfort level. On the other scale, I wanted to get an LS430, but I ruled it out since the car feels too large for my taste. Truthfully, I think it will be fine, but I really want to sit in it and just get a feel of it first.