IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus needs to reveal more info

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-05, 10:31 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
you mean it would start sales in August or be shown completly, including pricing?

Somehow it makes no sense for it to start selling sooner in the US than in Japan, where they will be launching it 1 month after their lexus line launch (which is 30th of August), and their Lexus JP launch would be much more effective with new IS being released at the same time.
Yeah, I speculate that the IS release is at the end of August...still August, but very close to September. Perhaps a simultaneous release in the US and Japan at the same time, on the same day...?

Here's hoping the preview will be sometime in July!
Old 05-31-05, 12:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
August release special preview before then. That's all i'm going to say. Speculate and elaborate as you guys wish.
pm me with more info, ryan. damnit!
Old 05-31-05, 04:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bluestar
Flip: Is that official ? I'd be surprised, but happy as well. Do you suppose Lexus will release some additional info by July or do we have to wait till August ? I'd appreciate your response, assuming you ain't leaking anything you are not supposed to
So what if it is leaked? This hush-hush stuff is a bunch of B.S.

Leak on, Ryan.
Old 05-31-05, 04:11 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
Yeah, I speculate that the IS release is at the end of August...still August, but very close to September. Perhaps a simultaneous release in the US and Japan at the same time, on the same day...?

Here's hoping the preview will be sometime in July!
there is nothing to speculate for Japan, Toyota has already put out press release about IS introduced one month later than GS and SC...
Old 05-31-05, 09:18 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
there is nothing to speculate for Japan, Toyota has already put out press release about IS introduced one month later than GS and SC...
So the IS will be in September for Japan?
Old 06-02-05, 09:32 PM
rdollie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pre MY2006 Volvo R GTs were anemic off the line (because Volvo had no plans for an automatic and had to make do with what they had at the last minute.) The MY2006 cars which will be in the US soon have rectified this issue and the gap between the auto and manual is closer to normal now.

Personally, I still would prefer to drive a manual myself.

Originally Posted by Ratman009
RohithT:

Have you taken a drive in the new Legacy GT limited yet? If you are considering a wagon, you really should check the car out. Subaru has made some vast strides in the overall quality of the new legacy, never mind how fun the car is to drive. It may be missing some of the more "lux" features of an audi or bmw (memory seating/mirrors, good stereo) come to mind, but other than that, the car has a fantastic motor (really, the freakin' thing is quick) really nice auto tranny (the stick is faster), but I didn't really care for the feel of the stick - I hear the short throw kit from subie really helps). I'd defintely check one out, as well as a Volvo V70R if you can find one on a lot somewhere. You defnitely need the stick in the volvo though, as their auto kills the performance.
Old 06-03-05, 11:30 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Will manual or no manual, I want to see the new IS sooo much...it makes me so envious of the Lexus showrooms in Japan that have them on display...and in all those colors! I would love to see the new IS soon....
Old 06-04-05, 12:42 AM
FlxtheLex1
Driver School Candidate

Default is300 owner

Originally Posted by savant17
The dark side of the force (new 3 series) is beginning to draw me away. It is becoming difficult to be patient with lack of official information regarding pricing, specs, colors, and reviews on the new IS.

The urge to drive a new car is growing, and without anything to compare to, I fear that I may give in to this temptation.

More info from Lexus will keep me and possibly others from turning to the dark side.
Hello, I own an IS 300 and i love it. the 3 series is alright. i bought my 03 lexus for 35,000 then i added another 7,000 to it and now am glad that i didn't buy any other cars with this range. i can't imagin the new IS300. I would recommen stick with the IS.
Old 06-04-05, 12:49 AM
FlxtheLex1
Driver School Candidate

Default I need a little advice

Hello everyone,
I need some advice about turboing my IS300. does anyone here have their IS300 turbocharge?? How much does turbo cost for an IS300?
Old 06-04-05, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by FlxtheLex1
Hello everyone,
I need some advice about turboing my IS300. does anyone here have their IS300 turbocharge?? How much does turbo cost for an IS300?
umm this is the second generation forum, your is300 is first generation search the engine section for more information, or you can make a new post there. there are tons of turbo is3 out there i am sure they can help
Old 06-14-05, 09:20 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Since no word on the new IS, it seems we're going to get the BMW 3-series... We just can't wait that long...

No paddle shifters...no lush interior...no L-Finesse.... ...but at least we'll get a BMW and good handling/performance etc. But I still wish the IS had come along sooner, because we whittled down the choices to the BMW and Acura examples.

Last edited by encore888; 06-14-05 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-14-05, 09:40 PM
LexFather

Lexus is going to sell every last IS 250/350 they can build....

Like BMW and Benz, just on the name ALONE, the car is going to sell. Then its cheaper than the Germans (Lexus vehicles are always cheaper with similar equipment).

Mind you this is neglecting the fact of the new engines, possible better handling, more luxury etc.

Lexus has never not had 2 sales hits in a row. It just hasn't happened.
1st gen GS didn't sell as well as they wanted, teh 2GS sold like nuts.
The 1st gen IS sold well for only one year and went down, the 2IS will sell like nuts.
The ES 250 sold poorly, the ES 300 became best selling in class.
Old 06-14-05, 09:44 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

BTW, the cars issue of Consumer Reports for 2005 mentioned that the 2nd gen IS would get a wagon version...but I am skeptical that the SportCross will return. But a convertible/coupe is also mentioned...and I think that will be a very sexy thing to do!
Old 06-15-05, 06:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by enigma354
Since no word on the new IS, it seems we're going to get the BMW 3-series... We just can't wait that long...

No paddle shifters...no lush interior...no L-Finesse.... ...but at least we'll get a BMW and good handling/performance etc. But I still wish the IS had come along sooner, because we whittled down the choices to the BMW and Acura examples.
What more do you want to know ? You have all the specs. available on the Canadian site, so all you need is the US. price, but Lexus is always lower in price than a comparably equipped BMW . . .
Old 06-15-05, 12:14 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

That's true, but my family is more of the 'the choice is 90% based on actually seeing the car, sitting inside, test drive, kick the tires, etc.' We've visited the BMW dealership twice and may go back again. For past purchases we also tested numerous models---the Lexus Taste of Luxury event helping on that end---a lot.

Having not seen the IS in person, and not really interested in seeing just pictures, my family is looking strongly at the 3-series.

Problem is, I feel that in almost every conceivable way--those that matter to us--I feel the IS is superior. More luxury, better looks, more quiet, better controls....but without seeing in person, it's hard to convince.

Quick Reply: Lexus needs to reveal more info