IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus Website Updated

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-05 | 08:58 PM
plgtx
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Lexus Website Updated

Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while and can't wait until this machine comes out .

Just wanted to say the Lexus site has been updated. No new info, they are still saying "More than 200 and 300 horsepower....." Just thought I would mention it!
Old 06-21-05 | 12:03 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by plgtx
Hi all!

I've been lurking for a while and can't wait until this machine comes out .

Just wanted to say the Lexus site has been updated. No new info, they are still saying "More than 200 and 300 horsepower....." Just thought I would mention it!
Welcome to Clublexus and thanks for the heads up
Old 06-21-05 | 09:09 AM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Grrr. ...

If you read the lexus page, it says that 17" tires will be standard on the 350. 18" will be OPTIONAL. Gotta say, I'm kind of disappointed in this. The "sports package" should be standard on the hot model. The car NEEDS the 18"s to look good. Things are not looking good for the price tag on this car. All I'm asking is Levinson audio, sport package, and heated/ventilated seats for 37-38K. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-05 | 10:56 AM
iatacs19
Rookie

Man... everytime I read something the news is worse and worse...

I might have to be a ricer and just go for the 2006 STi and aftermarket NAVI...
Old 06-21-05 | 01:03 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Ratman009
If you read the lexus page, it says that 17" tires will be standard on the 350. 18" will be OPTIONAL. Gotta say, I'm kind of disappointed in this. The "sports package" should be standard on the hot model. The car NEEDS the 18"s to look good. Things are not looking good for the price tag on this car. All I'm asking is Levinson audio, sport package, and heated/ventilated seats for 37-38K. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you, but I think stealing a set of wheels off the 06 GS430 will look a lot better than any of the wheels we've seen on the vehicle so far.
Old 06-21-05 | 01:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

well the gs430 gets 18s standard, so i think 17s on is350 is ok. i am not sure about making sports package standardon hot or top model though. even the 330i you don't see sports package as standard. it's common, but not standard
Old 06-21-05 | 01:43 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Have we seen the 17" and 18" wheels?
Old 06-21-05 | 01:49 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

lol, you guys are funny... Another proof that "base" IS350 wont cost 45k and yet it is not good.

You want Sports, ML, heated seats for 37k? eh, good luck in 2008, with 2yr old models :-).
Old 06-21-05 | 02:07 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just because it's says "option" doesn't mean too much. You know, in most Lexus' the moonroof is an "option" also. It's obvious that sport package is going to be the hot ticket so Lexus will probably make a lot of them. Just be patient and stay tuned.
Old 06-21-05 | 02:25 PM
plgtx
Driver School Candidate

I would be happy with the 250 w/moonroof and 17" wheels. I drive way too much to have 18's, I'd probably be replacing them every year!. Everything else is already an upgrade for me. Now, let's just hope the price is reasonable!
Old 06-21-05 | 03:05 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just because it's says "option" doesn't mean too much. You know, in most Lexus' the moonroof is an "option" also. It's obvious that sport package is going to be the hot ticket so Lexus will probably make a lot of them. Just be patient and stay tuned.

but the price is going to be skyrocked by those options,even tho it's pretty much standard on all their cars

not a good news. but o well, i just want something with minimal options.

or may be i will have to go with IS250 6 speed with NAVI if the price on IS350 is wayy too high but then i want 300+hps!
Old 06-21-05 | 08:34 PM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Huh?

Originally Posted by spwolf
lol, you guys are funny... Another proof that "base" IS350 wont cost 45k and yet it is not good.

You want Sports, ML, heated seats for 37k? eh, good luck in 2008, with 2yr old models :-).
That wasn't very nice.

Please explain "another proof that "base" IS350 won't cost 45K and yet it is not good" I'm not quite understanding your words there.

I guess you mean that since the car won't have all of these options as stock, there is no way that they could slap a 45K base price on the car? Damn right they can't. Who would buy the car at that kind of price (add on a couple of options and you are looking at 50K)???

I would imagine 45K would be a totally loaded vehicle, with NAV, active cruise control and every other posh option.

Me, I don't want all that stuff. Just the upgraded audio, the heated/ventilated seats, and the 18's with hopefully an upgraded suspension. Oh yeah, and a moonroof should be standard on this thing too. I really don't think 37-38K is out of line for this, unless the car completely kicks a 330i's butt in the performance category and pure driving enjoyment (doubtful, but possible).
So maybe I'd still bite if this puts the sticker at 39K. But who knows if I'll even be able to get a car like this. They'll probably throw some kind of pricey package on the car with all kinds of stuff I really don't feel like paying for and I'll have to wait 6 months for a special order vehicle. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a 330 then. Poor wittle me. . .
Old 06-22-05 | 01:22 AM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

That wasn't very nice.

I guess you mean that since the car won't have all of these options as stock, there is no way that they could slap a 45K base price on the car? Damn right they can't. Who would buy the car at that kind of price (add on a couple of options and you are looking at 50K)???

I would imagine 45K would be a totally loaded vehicle, with NAV, active cruise control and every other posh option.
Keep in mind that this IS an entry level vehicle. You can't make everything standard on your entry level vehicle. However, you still have to let the "luxury" mark be attainable.

Also, in terms of marketshare and pricing, you really don't want the entry level vehicle to be a better value than it's bigger brother, the GS. So you have to price aggressively against yourself, and (in this case), against BMW. We can't really take an accurate stab yet at the vehicle since there's really nothing else like it.
Old 07-01-05 | 03:43 PM
plgtx
Driver School Candidate

Default The Updates SLOWLY Keep Coming...

Slowly but surely.....Lexus keeps teasing us on the website. They just added info about the ML Sound system, Aux port, and design strategy.....that's all! Oh, and the Canada website now has the curb weight added (this is a heavy little ****!)

250 Manual = 3,455 lbs
250 Auto = 3,435 lbs (20 lbs lighter than manual...hmmm!)
250 AWD = 3,651 lbs
350 = 3,527 lbs
All have a 14.3 gallon gas tank . Hope this thing gets as good of gas mileage as Lexus claims!

Last edited by plgtx; 07-01-05 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Canada website update
Old 07-01-05 | 07:37 PM
pelucidor
Driver School Candidate

So IS350 is about 70lbs heavier than the new BMW 330i. Possibly due to all the extra content/options included as standard over the competition... .

Quick Reply: Lexus Website Updated