IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Redesign and new stuff on lexus.jp

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 11:30 PM
swisslexusclub
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redesign and new stuff on lexus.jp

I'm not quite sure if this has been posted already but I realized that lexus.jp has a slightly new design. Also, some nice Flash animations for each model..

Check out: lexus.jp

- Markus
Old 07-25-05, 11:36 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely new...I was there just two days ago and the older interface was there.
Old 07-26-05, 12:08 AM
Seadee456
Driver

I don't read Japanese but if those are the prices it is listing in the specs page, it's not looking too good. From $36k for a base IS250 to $47k for a top model IS350
Old 07-26-05, 12:44 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Amazing flash animations, and the presentation of the GS and SC includes many unique submenus that describe the cars in great detail---also a very nice color chart, where you can select fore and aft views. Very detailed--moreso than any other Lexus site.

The 'Service' menu describes the future Lexus owner's website, and also 'G-Link' -- Lexus' answer to OnStar it seems, with several features including 'G-Book," whatever that is:

http://lexus.jp/service/g-link/g-book/05/index.html

The photography and artistic nature of this website is breathtakingly beautiful...

Also check out the "L-Finesse art movie' from here:

http://lexus.jp/m_d_w/index.html

Naturally, since the IS is not yet released, the flash site is not so large. But the downloadable PDF brochure, linked elsewhere, shows lots of detail, from the illuminated scruff plates, to interior blue mood lighting, to the frame structure and airbags:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/jp/tech/new_...xus/index.html
Old 07-26-05, 11:04 AM
ny888
Pole Position

Did you guys notice on one of the flash screens that the interior seats were not leather ? It looks similar to the escaline seat trim of the 1IS.

I wonder if that will be available here.
Old 07-26-05, 11:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

I think there's the option of not getting leather seats, at least for the IS250 . . .
Old 07-26-05, 12:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/7467/1/10/

If there was only an English ONLY version.

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/7467/1/10/

Old 07-26-05, 01:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think there's the option of not getting leather seats, at least for the IS250 . . .
In Europe and Japan, you will be able to get cloth seats on IS250, I am not sure about US. It could be the base model feature, and of course you wont be able to order base model :-).

G-Link/Gbook is interactive nav system, completly different from Onstar. With new Glink service you can order songs from Toyota and store them on your Gbook (which is nav with internal hard drive). There are other interactive features as well. Variations of Gbook have been in use for a while now in Japan and several other companies are starting to use the service as well (Subaru, Mazda, etc).
Old 07-26-05, 01:37 PM
TED_FR
Driver

Default Very Interesting Infos on lexus.jp

For those who can't read japanese:
the power of the japanese IS350 is 318 hp @6400 with a torque of 380 Nm @ 4800. For the Is250, 215 Hp @6400 with torque = 260 Nm @3800.

The list price is also published on the site:
IS350 L = 5.250.000 Yen
IS350 S = 4.950.000 Yen

Is250 L = 4.350.000 Yen
IS250S = 4.050.000 Yen

And every info you could have dremed for is there!
Old 07-26-05, 01:38 PM
ny888
Pole Position

Originally Posted by enigma354
Amazing flash animations, and the presentation of the GS and SC includes many unique submenus that describe the cars in great detail---also a very nice color chart, where you can select fore and aft views. Very detailed--moreso than any other Lexus site.

The 'Service' menu describes the future Lexus owner's website, and also 'G-Link' -- Lexus' answer to OnStar it seems, with several features including 'G-Book," whatever that is:

http://lexus.jp/service/g-link/g-book/05/index.html

The photography and artistic nature of this website is breathtakingly beautiful...

Also check out the "L-Finesse art movie' from here:

http://lexus.jp/m_d_w/index.html

Naturally, since the IS is not yet released, the flash site is not so large. But the downloadable PDF brochure, linked elsewhere, shows lots of detail, from the illuminated scruff plates, to interior blue mood lighting, to the frame structure and airbags:

http://www.toyota.co.jp/jp/tech/new_...xus/index.html

Thanks for the links. I checked out the one for G-Book, under service and sub pages there are actually videos of the features including traffic rerouting and what spwolf is talking about. The ability to buy songs and store them on the hard drive.

It even has on-demand karaoke. Doubt some of these features make it to the US model. If the new model comes with the hard drive, first question will be how to hack into the drive to store our own music that can be played on the audio system.
Old 07-26-05, 02:42 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
In Europe and Japan, you will be able to get cloth seats on IS250, I am not sure about US. It could be the base model feature, and of course you wont be able to order base model :-).
I think in Canada, cloth seats is standard for the IS250 models.
Old 07-26-05, 06:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ny888
Thanks for the links. I checked out the one for G-Book, under service and sub pages there are actually videos of the features including traffic rerouting and what spwolf is talking about. The ability to buy songs and store them on the hard drive.

It even has on-demand karaoke. Doubt some of these features make it to the US model. If the new model comes with the hard drive, first question will be how to hack into the drive to store our own music that can be played on the audio system.
That Karaoke thing is hilarious and amazing!!! Like the traffic reroute with 'red zones' it seems, the security system with cellphone link, the music store...
Old 07-26-05, 07:37 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 149 Likes on 108 Posts

I love how they are showing more & more Non Wood Shots. So I guess Black wood is out? I've not seen one blackwood pic. I think the blackwood on the GS is hot.

Old 07-27-05, 01:06 AM
swisslexusclub
Driver

I don't think these are cloth seats but Alcantara Leather:

Alcantara is a non-smooth surface leather and it's even more expensive than the "normal" leather.

We have three packages to choose here in Switzerland:

Business: cloth seats
Edition: leather seats (smooth surface), wood trim
Virage: Alcantara seats, aluminium trim

So Alcantara is for the fully loaded version only. I prefer Alcantara since it keeps the body in the right postion without slipping a mm.
Old 07-27-05, 08:02 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I think in Canada, cloth seats is standard for the IS250 models.
Since Lexus doesn't seem to have any kind of fake leather (like BMW and MB) the only other choice seems like cloth. Maybe that's how come the low prices listed in another thread might be feasible. But as was mentioned, for the US, I kind of doubt cloth would be an option, even via special order.

Quick Reply: Redesign and new stuff on lexus.jp