Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's interesting too...thanks
Old 08-08-05, 11:53 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
if you look at Lexus's website, they mention if they have LEDs under the safety paft...for example...look at the LS...

http://www.lexus.com/models/ls/specifications.html

but not on the RX330
http://www.lexus.com/models/rx/specifications.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aside from the various publications that tested the RX330 when it came out that I mentioned and that XeroKool mentioned, here is my evidence. I once was a believer that the RX330 did not have LEDs until someone assured me it does and challanged me to take a closer look. So, I did and I was proven wrong. Now I'm a believer

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=rx330+LED
Old 08-08-05, 11:57 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, so the RX330 is a good proof that the fact the new IS doesn't "look" to have LED taillights in the pictures doesn't mean that it doesn't actually have them. I do wish that Lexus made the LED-look more obvious though. It's all about the cool-factor haha.
Old 08-08-05, 12:02 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Yep, so the RX330 is a good proof that the fact the new IS doesn't "look" to have LED taillights in the pictures doesn't mean that it doesn't actually have them. I do wish that Lexus made the LED-look more obvious though. It's all about the cool-factor haha.

Then again though, I kind if like the RX330 tail lights more than the 400H tail lights. Not really that clear Altezza look, but more that it has a sort of sparkle to them whereas the 400H has kind of a dull LED white board look. It just doesn't have that same pop when the lights are off. I was thinking if swaping lights, but the more I looked at it the more I think if I do swap out the lights I'll go for that JDM red/clear X330 lights instead.
Old 08-08-05, 12:38 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Old 08-08-05, 01:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

i really dont see whats wrong with that behind, so it looks squarish from that angle - when do you see it from that angle? I even think it looks quite nice from that angle too - looks very japanish... Of course, gotta see it in person to make sure, but pics look quite nice...

p.s. compare it with 32k "Daewoo Lanos" (aka ***) from that angle :-).
Old 08-08-05, 01:43 PM
LT. LEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
- looks very japanish...

Japanese?
Old 08-08-05, 07:28 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

As someone that is half Japanese, I hope I don't look that square. Just kidding Too me though that rear end is the worst part of the car. To be fair, many cars out right now the rear ends are a bit of a miss. I too have to see it in person to be able to know if I can live with it or not. Right now it is 50/50. Part of the problem I think is the buldging tail lights.
Old 08-08-05, 08:06 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

The taillights I can live with there not bad, it;s the lower bumper that just seems out of wack. If they would have uplifted the tailpipes and have them look sportier like how the TL looks with the upward tailpipes it might make the lower bumper look nicer.

I just hope my eyes are playing tricks on me & when I see it in person it will not seem that noticible.
Old 08-08-05, 08:23 PM
AndreCSS
Driver School Candidate

It'll look fine in person, I thought the car looked about 10x better in person and didn't see anything wrong with the rear (I actually like the rear more than the front in person). It DID look very Japanese, btw, especially with the amber taillamps. I was disappointed because the Exhaust didn't have a tone to it like the G35 has, and the engine didn't sound high strung and Rev happy like an Acura TL or G35. I was surprised to see the AWD badge, notice I took a couple pictures of it, some reason I didn't think the IS would offer AWD as an option, just the GS

If they hadn't been putting the last couple cars on the ramps as I got there, I probably would have (only halfway jokingly) asked for a test drive, but as it was my time with the car was way too short. Let me say, if I could afford it, I would go right now and put a down payment onto an IS250 AWD (with a manual) right now, it was a great looking car.

Thank you for finally ending the discussion about thge LED lamps, you can read my comments on CSS from a while ago where I described the LED/lamp hybrid tail lights, but that was before I signed up here.

Don't think I'm ignoring the request for hosting the video on yousendit, the computer with the video and the other 25 or so photos is sitting on top of my computer desk in the back room without anything attached to it, I just did an upgrade and haven't had the chance to put it back together.

My offer on CSS applies here too, if you send me a private message or email I'm willing to send you a full sized version of any one of these photos, though I may ask what you want it for (I won't be overprotective of these seeing as the car HAS been shown though, but on CSS we've had problems with images being stolen)
Old 08-08-05, 10:19 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

sorry to revive the LED discussion, but i was passing by an RX330 today, and i was trying to get a good luck behind the reflectors, and on the side if you look, it has the exact same type of LED as the Prius. I didn't realize it, and I was wrong. It is interesting. I'm glad I figured this out because for the longest times, i knew the lights were bright, but it didn't look like LEDs because of the reflectors, but they are LEDs...the same ones that are one the Prius, the ones that are white and look like crystals.
Old 08-09-05, 04:49 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know this...it has the best looking front of any Lexus ever. Except maybe the sc300/400 imo. Since it's more modern, I'll give the nod to this IS. I agree with others that a straight on view of the rear is the weak point but there are very few perfect cars and all of them cost 100 times more. I'll take two of the IS. Sedan for the missus and a coupe for me.
Old 08-10-05, 12:19 AM
AndreCSS
Driver School Candidate

http://s24.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...23RK42NFN1YHRJ

Sorry I took so long to get this to you, I guess it give sort of a 180 "fluid view" so you can appreciate some of the proportions more, but that's about it, it's not exciting or heart pounding IMO ;-)

*steps back and watches the fight for the first 10 download attempts
Old 08-10-05, 04:49 PM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Hey guy, this was a cool video, the quality is pretty good. it's great to see the car on the street drive by slow. Cool, thanks for the video. Upload worked perfect with Yousendit.

Come on guys, give the guy some props!!

In person Video's don't come along here on Clublexus everyday, especially not yet released models.
Old 08-10-05, 04:53 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

thanks andre...

i was driving by HQ today, and there was that truck....i didn't see anything getting out of it while i was driving...who knows..maybe it was a different truck.

Quick Reply: NEW PICTURES...in person