IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 Is 250-350 Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-05, 02:15 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrock65
If it's anything like the GS packages, you probably won't be able separate out the Navi from the Levinson.
Well, I hear the IS is bundled but I don't think it was that way on the GS. We get ML here but no navigation is offered so.....? Anyway, there is only 3 things that can happen for guys like me in states where Lexus doesn not yet offer navigation. 1. They will finially get with the program and offer it. 2. We will still be able to get ML even without nav just like we always have. And 3. We will get screwed by Lexus and not be able to get ML because they will insist on bundling it with nav. What option will you think Lexus will do?
Old 08-15-05, 02:33 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
If you think the ML system in the new GS is good, the new IS' ML system is even better.
Thanks for commenting on the ML system. Being more interested in the new IS than the new GS, I certainly hope you're right, flip. But...

What's been bothering me somewhat is that Edmunds, the only public medium I know that consistently performs a good stereo evaluation against all the cars they test, seems less impressed by the ML system in the new IS than in the new GS, which happens to be the only car to ever score a perfect 10 from them. The new IS on the other hand got a 9.0, noted with a remark that they "still like the sound in the bigger Mark Levinson-equipped Lexus vehicles a bit more" in the review.

I don't think you did the comparison to the GS's system by running back-to-back between a GS and an IS either. I guess I'll reserve my judgement until I can test the same CD back-to-back between the two cars. And until then, I'll keep my belief that "bigger is better" when it comes to a deep, fulfilling bass (10" subwoofer in GS vs 8" subwoofer in IS).

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-15-05 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-15-05, 02:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Well, I hear the IS is bundled but I don't think it was that way on the GS. We get ML here but no navigation is offered so.....? Anyway, there is only 3 things that can happen for guys like me in states where Lexus doesn not yet offer navigation. 1. They will finially get with the program and offer it. 2. We will still be able to get ML even without nav just like we always have. And 3. We will get screwed by Lexus and not be able to get ML because they will insist on bundling it with nav. What option will you think Lexus will do?
According to the Lexus tech trainers, they're working on GPS mapping rights to Hawaii. There's no determined time to when this will be released but it will eventually down the road. The LX470 from what I understood is offered with Nav only to Hawaii. The only problem is, there is no mapped out land on the screen. Nav screen boots up but no landmarks. From the info we were given, ML will probably be bundled with Nav for this particular vehicle.
Old 08-15-05, 02:40 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by XeroK00L

I don't think you did the comparison to the GS's system by running back-to-back between a GS and an IS either. I guess I'll reserve my judgement until I can test the same CD back-to-back between the two cars. And until then, I'll keep my belief that "bigger is better" when it comes to a deep, fulfilling bass (10" subwoofer in GS vs 8" subwoofer in IS).
Again, bigger is not better, it's all about placement and acoustics. Even the Lexus product trainer told us the sweetspot or optimal soundstage of the GS w/ML is biased towards the front seats where as the sweetspot for the IS is optimized for both front and rear seats. We used a test CD for home a/v tuning and it performed nicely in the new IS. And this was with the Bass/Mid/Treble zeroed out. We increased and adjusted the sound settings and selected the surround sound feature and the ML in the IS screamed.

Last edited by flipside909; 08-15-05 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-15-05, 02:48 PM
cressler
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not the Performance Luxury Plus Package has wood trim interior as well? I like the options of the PLPP but MUST have the wood trim interior. Anyone know the answer?
Old 08-15-05, 02:49 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Here are the options per the Press Kit that was given to us:

- Mirror functions (electrochromic, memory, reverse tilt-down)
- Power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory
Thanks for bringing to us the full option list, flip! For some time I've been worrying about the lack of the two options quoted above due to their absence from the equipment list published at lexus.ca.

Guess it's just because the two features are optional, and the Canadian site is only listing the standard equipment.

Lexus certainly is making a lot of stuff that you usually expect in a Lexus optional in an effort to undercut 325i in pricing. Power seats optional. Memory seats optional. Rear armrest storage optional (geez how much can a storage bin cost anyway?). I bet no one can get a real base IS (with no leather, power seats, rear armrest, etc.) by the time the cars hits the dealership, hence a higher "real base price" as usual.
Old 08-15-05, 02:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by cressler
So can anyone enlighten me as to whether or not the Performance Luxury Plus Package has wood trim interior as well? I like the options of the PLPP but MUST have the wood trim interior. Anyone know the answer?
From what I understand, the Performance Luxury (Sport) package will have the silver faced trim and the signature Lexus aluminum cross drilled pedals that came on the original IS300. The other models will have the standard rubber pedals. The IS250 AWD & 350 we drove had the Premium Luxury Plus Package w/ML & Nav.
Old 08-15-05, 02:59 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cressler
I think that the only way to do it is to get any of the non-performance Luxury Packages, but do the performance mods yourself, such as lowering the car, tightening the suspension, and (if needed) get a spoiler and body kit.
Old 08-15-05, 03:09 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the options per the Press Kit that was given to us:

Premium Package (RWD only)
- Leather trim
- 10-way power seats
- Leather console
- Rear armrest storage

Premium Plus Package
- Perforated leather trim
- Heated/ventilated seats
- 10-way power seats
- Leather console
- Rear armrest storage
- Wood interior trim

Performance Luxury Plus Package (RWD only)
- 10-way power seats
- Leather console
- Rear armrest storage
- 18” wheels
- Sport suspension
- Sport pedals
- Metal scuff plates
- Driver’s and front passenger’s seat memory
- HID/AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System) headlamps
- Rain-sensing wipers

Premium Luxury Plus Package
- 10-way power seats
- Leather console
- Rear armrest storage
- 17” or 18” wheels
- Illuminated metal scuff plates
- Wood interior trim
- Power rear sunshade
- Driver’s and front passenger’s seat memory
- HID/AFS (Adaptive Front-lighting System) headlamps
- Rain-sensing wipers

Mark Levinson Audio System with Navigation
- Mark Levinson audio
- Navigation system (voice activation, rear back-up camera, bluetooth)

Navigation System
- Voice activation
- Rear backup camera
- Bluetooth

Park Assist

Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (A/T only)

Headlamp Washers (requires HID / AFS)

One-Touch Open/Close Moonroof with Rotary-Dial Switch

18” Wheels with Summer Tires (RWD only)

I'm guessing that's for the West coast? Lexus usually bundles options differently according to the region.
Old 08-15-05, 03:10 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

According to the Lexus tech trainers, they're working on GPS mapping rights to Hawaii. There's no determined time to when this will be released but it will eventually down the road. The LX470 from what I understood is offered with Nav only to Hawaii. The only problem is, there is no mapped out land on the screen. Nav screen boots up but no landmarks. From the info we were given, ML will probably be bundled with Nav for this particular vehicle.
This is good news. I've lived here all my life and people say why do you need navigation on an Island? However, ever since I've been using aftermarket navigation I can't live without it. Well, I can, but I rather not. Who makes the Lexus maps anyway? Acura uses the same as Alpine which is Smapt Map Pro I believe. There are many GPS companies that already have Hawaii maps so I wonder why Lexus, or the company providing Lexus with maps is taking so long. I would think the hardest part is getting a good amount of POI in the system, but it probably pales in number to a state like California.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 08-15-05 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-15-05, 03:13 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
This is good news. I've lived here all my life and people say why do you need navigation on an Island? However, ever since I've been using aftermarket navigation I can't live without it. Well, I can, but I rather not.
Yeah for some reason, someone/some company has the mapping rights to Hawaii that all the auto manufacturers are trying to get access to.
Old 08-15-05, 03:13 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why buy an IS when you can have a C6?

A fully loaded IS350 vs. a piece of American sports car history.
Old 08-15-05, 03:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by jrock65
I'm guessing that's for the West coast? Lexus usually bundles options differently according to the region.
This is an option list for all of Lexus USA.
Old 08-15-05, 03:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by jimxo
A fully loaded IS350 vs. a piece of American sports car history.
Why buy a piece of American sports car history when you can buy a Mustang GT with as much American sports car history for less? I think you're a little off topic here.

Thanks,
Editor.
Old 08-15-05, 03:18 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Hmm just noticed also the lack of an AVS (Adaptive Variable Suspension) option. Hopefully it's more of an indicator of the confidence that Lexus has in the stock suspensions (be it standard suspension or sport suspension) than anything else.

I really use the AVS in my ES300 a lot because the car needs it. It would be ideal if the new IS is smart enough to know when to tighten up and when to relax a bit on its own.

Quick Reply: 2006 Is 250-350 Pricing?