Originally Posted by rominl
everyone let's calm down, ok?

no more discussion on when and what to post up
Than delete this damn thread Henry
Old 08-19-05, 07:07 PM
bluestar
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate flip wanting to do this, but why announce something and not get it done ? It's been 8 pages now and still no report ? What gives ???
Old 08-19-05, 07:35 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
Yes, what's the rush, since we' ve seen many reviews & many high quality pictures of the IS already . We should always appreciate people's voluntary contributions to this site. But I agree with you that maybe if flip didn't post about having uploaded the pictures already , then people will not be looking for them, & that just heightens people's anticipations & expectations . . .
i dont think it is as much about pics as it is about impressions of the IS, which is what we are short of. all these reviews are mostly press release journalism which gets boring after a while or vdim beatching before they realize it is a lot less noticable than vsc ever was.

this thread does need to be locked with official line where is the art. going to be located once it is...
Old 08-19-05, 08:11 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bluestar
I appreciate flip wanting to do this, but why announce something and not get it done ? It's been 8 pages now and still no report ? What gives ???
Well to be honest, I didn't anticipate the delay I had with my internet situation at home. PLUS the weekend was already busy from the IS Preview Friday, the big LMW Meet in Saturday. Because I had no internet connection for the weekend, I had to announce something. I didn't anticipate this delay to go the way it did. Shiz happens.
Old 08-19-05, 09:33 PM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
Well to be honest, I didn't anticipate the delay I had with my internet situation at home. PLUS the weekend was already busy from the IS Preview Friday, the big LMW Meet in Saturday. Because I had no internet connection for the weekend, I had to announce something. I didn't anticipate this delay to go the way it did. Shiz happens.
boo hoo. ..stop making excuses Ryan...........

.hahahha just kidding bud.

Man ppl need to calm the heck down......If you guys need an IS fix just google 2006 IS350. Dude ppl need to understand that sometimes you got diifferent priorities and deal with daily hassles of life.

Just post whatever you are supposed to whenever you get a chance. and stop paying attention to "some" eager members.

I dont feel like being flamed but Sorry just had to include my 2cents.
Old 08-19-05, 10:07 PM
IS JOE
Rookie

Geez. Ryan, you should come post your article over a .NET whenever you are ready. I'm sure you'll be much more well received and the member's will be more grateful.

And I thought .net had the reputation for immaturity. I come over here to check out my buddy's article and I see this?
Old 08-19-05, 10:15 PM
lexdymndz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS JOE
Geez. Ryan, you should come post your article over a .NET whenever you are ready. I'm sure you'll be much more well received and the member's will be more grateful.

And I thought .net had the reputation for immaturity. I come over here to check out my buddy's article and I see this?
word. i think you're article will be better than mine.
and i thought CL was more mature than dotNET.
either way, i am patiently waiting for the vid. hehe.
Old 08-20-05, 06:45 AM
Xanadu350
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by IS JOE

But if you read most of the posts over at .net they don't like the new IS most prefer the old model. It appears more people at Clublexus posts comments favorable to the new IS. At least that is what I read.
Old 08-20-05, 10:22 AM
IS JOE
Rookie

Thats fine. But I'm not talking about who likes the new IS or not. I'm talking about all the bashing Ryan is getting for doing you guys a favor. He's VOLUNTEERING his time here, and I said it seems like the .net folks would be more gratefull.

I mean seriously, its like donating blood to red cross, and then they yell at you for draining to slowly.
Old 08-21-05, 09:40 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by XanaduSC
But if you read most of the posts over at .net they don't like the new IS most prefer the old model. It appears more people at Clublexus posts comments favorable to the new IS. At least that is what I read.
Again this whole thread has nothing to do with what one group thinks about the New IS.

The reason why for the big delay for this article at this point is that we've submitted the article to our Lexus Marketing rep. Since he flew out to the East Coast for Lexfest this weekend, it's obvious his agenda is pretty tight since our interaction with him on 8/12 and obviously all week long. Once we get the green light from him. The rest of the article and photos will be put on the front page.
Old 08-22-05, 12:16 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Okay Brad of Lexus Motorsports & Event Marketing is back from the East Coast's Lexfest. Just got the green light to post the rest of the article this morning. It's on the front page of ClubLexus if you guys happen to bypass it and head straight for the forums instead. www.clublexus.com

Here's the article.
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/7473/1/10/

Here's the gallery of photos (for those who have not seen yet):
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3374

Enjoy.
Old 08-22-05, 12:24 PM
IS JOE
Rookie

Awesome job Ryan!
Old 08-22-05, 12:25 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Okay Brad of Lexus Motorsports & Event Marketing is back from the East Coast's Lexfest. Just got the green light to post the rest of the article this morning. It's on the front page of ClubLexus if you guys happen to bypass it and head straight for the forums instead. www.clublexus.com

Here's the article.
https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/7473/1/10/

Here's the gallery of photos (for those who have not seen yet):
https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...y.php/cat/3374

Enjoy.
Finally!! Thanks for the great long review, flip. Lucky you obviously had some great fun there.

The Optitron display sounds very cool and will definitely wow passengers.

I see you did trigger the VDIM system once. Did you find it intrusive (other than the beeping) or rather seamless?

Also, have you got a chance to finish editing the video and upload it yet?

Many thanks again!

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-22-05 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-22-05, 12:28 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for the detailed write-up
Now looking forward to the video

Quick Reply: First Drive: IS250 AWD & IS350