Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Official New IS Specifications

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-05, 10:13 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"I'm just saying that those who choose to buy the base IS250 will end up with a car with less content than the base 325i."

Since no one buys base IS250's and base 325i's, this point may be moot.

I think a comparably equipped IS250 will still be a couple thousand cheaper than a 325i.

Now, that's not the "value" that we see in previous Lexuses, but it's just a reflection of Lexus's growing brand recognition and presence.

When the LS460 comes out, you can bet that it'll no longer have the huge price gap that you see now with a comparable 7 series or S class.
Old 09-01-05, 10:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I was talking about IS250 being under-equipped or overpriced (again, if it starts from $30k as widely estimated) compared to its German competitors. I'm just saying that those who choose to buy the base IS250 will end up with a car with less content than the base 325i. And I'm just a bit disappointed to see Lexus making so many features optional on the new IS.

EDIT: I see that you deleted the post that this post is replying to, but I'm keeping this post just to make my point clearer.
Give it some time. You're still getting bent out of shape on a car that is still not released to the public and no official pricing has been sent. The car is coming. We are already in September. Just be patient.
Old 09-01-05, 12:22 PM
vwong
Driver

Looking at the list closely, I wonder what the price difference is between the Performance Luxury Plus and the Premium Luxury Plus packages? flipside909, do you know the inside info on this?
Old 09-01-05, 12:51 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by vwong
Looking at the list closely, I wonder what the price difference is between the Performance Luxury Plus and the Premium Luxury Plus packages? flipside909, do you know the inside info on this?
Pricing hasn't been finalized yet. All the prices of the packages should released with MSRP of the car that will be coming in the next few days.
Old 09-07-05, 09:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Default Additional info...Mark Levinson & 5th Gen Nav

Courtesy of: Lexus USA
Old 09-07-05, 09:41 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909

Courtesy of: Lexus USA
Thanks. Love the hi-res and hi-color new screen. Totally blows the current nav screens away. And finally DVD video at its native resolution.
Old 09-07-05, 07:07 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Point 3c on the ML spec, it says 6 disc single slot CD drive, plays DVD Soundtrack.

How can a CD drive play DVD audio (or video)?!? I assume that's a typo in the Lexus info.
Old 09-07-05, 07:16 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Hmm just noticed that there's no mention of MP3/WMA playback function in the ML feature list. Is it available only on the base audio system, or is it simply missing from this media kit?

I hope they don't make us trade off between MP3/WMA playback and the ML system.
Old 09-08-05, 12:50 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

forget crappy mp3 and wma. why no mention of satellite radio?
Old 09-08-05, 06:24 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by digital_b
forget crappy mp3 and wma. why no mention of satellite radio?
It's XM and Sirius ready.
Old 09-08-05, 07:36 AM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

Default XM Ready

My wife's 2006 GS300 is XM ready, but we were very dissappointed to find out that it will cost $300 for the XM unit and another $350 for the installation.

This is from the Lexus dealer we have purchased several cars from and mentioned this is the best they could do.

When I found out that XM or Sirius would not be available for the new IS at launch, I was bumming, but now I don't think I would spend that much for it.
Old 09-08-05, 09:19 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Point 3c on the ML spec, it says 6 disc single slot CD drive, plays DVD Soundtrack.

How can a CD drive play DVD audio (or video)?!? I assume that's a typo in the Lexus info.
Well it is what it is. There is only 1 slot to load CD's and DVD's together.
Old 09-08-05, 09:22 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Hmm just noticed that there's no mention of MP3/WMA playback function in the ML feature list. Is it available only on the base audio system, or is it simply missing from this media kit?

I hope they don't make us trade off between MP3/WMA playback and the ML system.
You must have forgotten about this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175604

For The First Time In The All-New 2006 Lexus IS Luxury Sports Sedans

Pasadena, Calif., July 12, 2005 – Mark Levinson, exclusive premium audio system provider for Lexus automobiles and SUVs, launches their “next generation” entertainment system in the all new 2006 Lexus IS luxury sports sedans. This groundbreaking system introduces Lexus owners to a discrete 5.1 home theatre entertainment experience optimized for playback of music, music videos, and movies in the luxurious, mobile environment provided by the 2006 Lexus IS.

The introduction of a Mark Levinson Sound System in the Lexus IS luxury sports sedan completes the availability of Mark Levinson Premium audio available across the entire Lexus line up.

This Mark Levinson Premium Surround System, designed specifically for the 2006 Lexus IS, is a high performance home theatre on wheels. A product of over three years of engineering and development, the system improves on every aspect of the original Mark Levinson Premium Sound System introduced in 2001. This 14 speaker, 300 watt* system features:
• Discrete 5.1 multi-channel playback via a 7.1 speaker topology
• 5.1 Dolby Digital and DTS decoding of DVD Video and DVD Audio discs
• Proprietary metal cone midrange and tweeter transducers
• Full digital transmission from the digital source to the discrete output topology power amplifiers
• Mark Levinson Surround (MLS) audio software optimizes discrete 5.1 playback for Multiseat™ listening and provides a surround sound experience for stereo source material.

“Our latest generation of Mark Levinson systems for Lexus advances the scope of sonic performance and features available yet remain true to our original mission to recreate the emotional response evoked by the original musical and now, cinematic, event” said Phil Muzio, Director Acoustic Systems at Mark Levinson. “I’m proud to now introduce the first ever Mark Levinson Premium audio to be offered in the Lexus IS luxury sports sedan, completing our dedicated partnership pursuing excellence which launched with the Lexus in 2001.”

Mark Levinson Premium Surround Systems, featuring discrete 5.1 surround sound, were launched in the 2004 Toyota Crown Royale Saloon, 2004.5 Crown Majesta in the Japan market, and in the 2006 Lexus GS earlier this year for the US market. A glimpse of this new Mark Levinson system, while under development, was provided in the Lexus IS 430 Project Car.

* All channels driven, 20-20kHz, with no more than 0.1% Total Harmonic Distortion.
Mark Levinson Surround Sound System for 2006 Lexus IS Luxury Sports Sedans
Features/Functions:

Credit: Lexus USA
    Old 09-08-05, 09:27 AM
    XeroK00L
    Lexus Fanatic

You must have forgotten about this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175604
    Yes I have forgotten about it. Thanks for digging it out for me.
    Old 09-10-05, 04:12 PM
    cal_alum98
    Lead Lap

Sounds like a fancy way of saying metalic paint.
    Cathodic Electro-Deposition treatment is the method that the paint is applied to the panels. The paint is electrically charged while the surface to be painted is oppositely charged, so the paint is applied evenly across the surface. I could be wrong... but I doubt it.

Quick Reply: Official New IS Specifications