IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus IS Sneak Preview Toronto Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-05, 08:16 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lexus IS Sneak Preview Toronto Area

Was lucky enough to get an invite to the sneak preview of the new '06 IS. Here is the email I got below. Can't wait since I have a pre-order in for one already

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Savour the moment: jacksoul, unplugged ?and the all-new 2006 Lexus IS Series, unleashed.

Dear Ken *******,

At Lexus, we design every vehicle with one objective in mind: to provide you with more perfect moments behind the wheel. Now, as our way of saying "Thank You" for your interest in Lexus, we'd like to help you extend your pursuit of the perfect moment even further ?by inviting you to attend an exclusive evening of entertainment brought to you by the new Lexus IS Series.

On Wednesday, September 21st, 2005, join us for this intimate, one-time-only event that blends music and mingling with the introduction of two exciting new vehicles. You'll be treated to a special sneak preview of the all-new 2006 Lexus IS 250 and IS 350 sport sedans, prior to the official launch. Plus a performance by Juno Award-winning artist jacksoul ?appearing "unplugged" exclusively for Lexus. It's all happening at a small club in downtown Toronto ?and we'd like you to be our guest.

WHERE: Brassaii Bistro Lounge, 461 King Street West, Toronto

WHEN: Wednesday, September 21st, 2005, 6:00 p.m to 9:00 p.m.

WITH: Complimentary refreshments and hors d'oeuvres

Don't miss this opportunity for you and a guest to experience the performance of a lifetime. Click below to reserve your place, or to learn more about this exciting event.

We look forward to seeing you there, in the moment.

Pursue the moment.
Old 08-30-05, 08:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you always get all these good invitation ken, i hate you
Old 08-30-05, 09:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WOW!!!

You are lucky!!! Lemme guess, only those with preorders are invited? Or something to do with Lexus Canada? Sounds great...maybe you can take a few pics, though I imagine they might not let you.

Enjoy--and please tell us about it!
Old 08-30-05, 09:45 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Just lucky I suppose but not as lucky as Flip.. Love that article he wrote on the homepage.. Don't think it had anything to do with the preorder.. I put a $500 deposit down (Fully refundable) on a IS350 and I have a prearranged value they have given to me on my '04 G35C so if they don't price the IS350 too high then I will be one of the first to get one in this area I suppose..

This is the 5th Lexus event I have been invited too and all have been first class.. I will bring my camera and its on my wifes birthday to boot so it should be fun..
Old 08-30-05, 09:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i hate you ken every time i have to dig myself into lexus event, and i have owned 3 lexus!
Old 08-30-05, 11:26 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how did you get invited? do you know people at lexus or did you just sign up for updates? what is it?
Old 08-30-05, 11:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Ilovemyes3
I've owned something like twenty three (yes 23!!) Lexuses and I've only been invited to the original IS event!!
hahaa now i feel a lot better
Old 08-31-05, 08:39 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they have something like that lined up here too.
Old 08-31-05, 10:47 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Yeah, is there going to be such a sneak preview event in the US? How about SoCal? Or we're just spoiled with the Taste of Lex event...
Old 09-01-05, 01:26 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
how did you get invited? do you know people at lexus or did you just sign up for updates? what is it?
On the Canadian Lexus Site www.lexus.ca it has a ClubLexus for owners and as a signed member I get invited to alot of these events. Been to a few Lexus run Golf Tournaments, the RX330 Plant Tour and 2 F1 race invites to Montreal.

Lexus Canada has been amazing to me and my family and i've only owned 2 Lexus vehicles and now I don't even own one and they still show me love. The '06 IS350 if priced right will be my next car since I need 4 doors for the baby. Getting the little one in the back of the 2 door G35 is fun to say the least.

I'll miss the G35 since I think it is an amazing value and its been so much fun to drive but it will be nice to get back into the Lexus family. Wish I had the dough to get a new GS but even if I did the styling doesn't do anything for me. The 2nd Gen is still an amazing car even without all the toys of the '06.
Old 09-01-05, 03:04 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
On the Canadian Lexus Site www.lexus.ca it has a ClubLexus for owners and as a signed member I get invited to alot of these events. Been to a few Lexus run Golf Tournaments, the RX330 Plant Tour and 2 F1 race invites to Montreal.
I'm a signed member of that ClubLexus too, I guess they don't invite anybody west of Ontario to those event Not that I will fly over to see the new IS a few days earlier though , well, maybe for a factory tour . . . . . .
Old 09-01-05, 03:13 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

i see...thanks a lot

i tried to sign in my username and password, but it wouldn't work...maybe b/c i live in the USA

why can't lexus.com have something like that?
Old 09-01-05, 03:30 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Yeah, and Lexus.ca sometimes has info earlier than Lexus.com!
Old 09-03-05, 03:28 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I'm a signed member of that ClubLexus too, I guess they don't invite anybody west of Ontario to those event Not that I will fly over to see the new IS a few days earlier though , well, maybe for a factory tour . . . . . .
You know the T.O. is the mecca of Canada..
All kidding aside kinda sucks that they don't send invites out to you all out west but I would send them a message on Lexus.ca and ask why they don't have such events out in BC. Considering that Vancouver is the gateway for cars coming from Japan you would think they would show you all more love.
Old 09-21-05, 02:00 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

I got the invite and am going to head over there tonight. Should be fun, hope to see some of you there!

Quick Reply: Lexus IS Sneak Preview Toronto Area