IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

When are they going to announce the pricing on the new IS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 10:26 PM
maz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by webhed
You're probably referring to my post on my.is. I just spoke to my Lexus salesman just a minute ago and again he confirmed that he has one 350 en route to the dealership which has an ETA of late THIS MONTH (September). The car is an August production date. In addition to the standard equipment are as follows: Premium Luxury Plus Package, HID, 18in wheels, wood trim, MARK LEVINSON AUDIO/no NAV (not offered in HI) , Smokey Granite Mica exterior/Black interior. IIRC Lexus of Honolulu is separate from Lexus USA which means we get different allocations on the number of cars we receive. No pricing availabe on it.
Wow. Your really lucky. Those are the exact same specs I'm set on getting.
Old 09-08-05, 11:52 AM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

Default Who's counting the days (I am)

In an earlier press release, Lexus said pricing would be announced in September, so I guess worst case that means we have about 3 more weeks to wait. O.K. 22 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes, but who's counting.
Old 09-08-05, 12:01 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Default I'm counting too...

Originally Posted by lexus_x_2
In an earlier press release, Lexus said pricing would be announced in September, so I guess worst case that means we have about 3 more weeks to wait. O.K. 22 days, 10 hours, 7 minutes, but who's counting.
I hope that corporate is not trying to build up a frenzy and then price it according to demand. Received some "insider" information today that some dealership in Colorado already has 4 cars on their manifest that will arrive next week (2 IS350's and 2 IS250's). One of the 250's is a "Full-spec (ML/Nav), 6spMT in Matador Red". No pricing available though.

SOMEONE IN COLORADO HAS MY CAR !
Old 09-08-05, 03:14 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Even the entry-level is going toward mid $40k level! HUH? It used to be $38k for a fully loaded entry-level luxury sport sedan. Now TL is a real bargain compared to 330i and IS350. In my opinion many of those luxury features are pretty much useless, wouldn't affect much even they weren't there.
Old 09-09-05, 12:08 AM
smirnoffsk
Driver School Candidate

What type of gouging is this on behalf of the dealers? Only ordering $35K cars?
I want the base 250, simply put as im not looking to spend more than 33K OTD here in so. CA.
I know BMW carries base cloth interior 325s and Infinit has base G35s; they even had these when these cars were BRAND NEW! Can't Lexus deliver the same?
You hear that dealers? This young man wants a manual blue onyx pearl 250, nothing else?
Whichever dealer promises me this will get my business.
Old 09-09-05, 05:48 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by smirnoffsk
What type of gouging is this on behalf of the dealers? Only ordering $35K cars?
I want the base 250, simply put as im not looking to spend more than 33K OTD here in so. CA.
I know BMW carries base cloth interior 325s and Infinit has base G35s; they even had these when these cars were BRAND NEW! Can't Lexus deliver the same?
You hear that dealers? This young man wants a manual blue onyx pearl 250, nothing else?
Whichever dealer promises me this will get my business.
"Base Lexus" is an oxymoron. They don't exist. Lexus typically adds at least $2000 worth of options to every car.

That said, base 325i's and G35's exist, but they're pretty rare.
Old 09-09-05, 06:52 AM
isdsms
Driver

I am certainly not getting a good feeling about pricing. I fully expected cars to come in "loaded" and quite frankly, I was pretty much going to max it out sans ML and adaptive front lighting. What has me concerned is that Lexus is not releasing pricing and if what was reported on these threads yesterday is accurate regarding a 10/14 price release, then it is not good. A good pricing structure would be a positive in helping generate excitement. I would be very surprised to see a 350 and for that matter a fairly well equiped AWD250 for less than 40k.
Old 09-09-05, 07:17 AM
cressler
Driver School Candidate

I have to admit this BS of not realeasing the pricing is getting very annoying. If the current "reports" are correct and the car is going to be 45k+ then I will just go buy a 330i and get on with it. I like the Lexus and all but not announcing pricing until a week before launch (if that turns out to be the case) is just asinine.
Old 09-09-05, 07:32 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cressler
I have to admit this BS of not realeasing the pricing is getting very annoying. If the current "reports" are correct and the car is going to be 45k+ then I will just go buy a 330i and get on with it. I like the Lexus and all but not announcing pricing until a week before launch (if that turns out to be the case) is just asinine.
I agree. If Lexus seriously wants to challenge the 330i, it'd better price the IS aggressively. If a loaded IS350 costs over 45k, it'll be tough to lure buyers from the 330's, given the "glamor and panache" of owning a bimmer. I can't imagine a IS costing 10k more than a comparatively equipped G35 or TL, even if it did have better material. I hope Lexus is just holding out on the price to give the buyers a nice last-minute surprise, like "over 300hp", or "under 6 sec 0-60."
Old 09-09-05, 07:46 AM
isdsms
Driver

The threshold of pain is where this is going pricing wise. Lexus' marketing strategy so far has been to promise the stars and deliver something less. Look at the gas milege numbers. What happen to the upper 20's? What happened to the 8/15 price release? Then the 9/1? I currently have deposits with 2 dealers, but think that I may start to take another look at BMWs real soon!
Old 09-09-05, 07:54 AM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus released pricing of the 2006 GS on 02/04/05.

Lexus launched the 2006 GS 12 days later, on 02/16/05.
Old 09-09-05, 01:47 PM
tonyscv
Driver

From someone over at is300.net:

New IS PRICING Oct 11 and Std Equip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official pricing will be announced on October 11th, 2005 at the Lexus National Dealer Meeting in Toronto. Lexus Central Area will begin shipping IS's on that date from the Railheads, and all dealers should expect to receive their first IS's by the official launch date which right now is October 14th

New Standard Equipment
Several content changes have been made to the IS standard equipment during the last two weeks. This is all great news. The following equipment is standard on all 2006 IS models:
Moonroof with Rotary-Dial Switch and One Touch Activation
Leather
In addition to the above equipment, the following is just some of the standard equipment on all 9506 (AWD) IS Models:
Premium Package (PT) which includes heated and ventilated front seats, perforated semi-aniline leather upgrade, wood trim.

In addition to this standard equipment, the following content is also standard on all IS Models.
Two new all-aluminum V6 engines with Direct Injection and Dual VVT-I
All-New 6 Speed Transmission (Automatic & Manual)
Electroluminescent (Optitron) Guages
Projector Headlamps and LED taillights
Double Wishbone Front Suspension
Advanced Safety Systems (side, knee, curtain, two stage front airbags)
Miniplug Auxiliary Input for MP3 capability
Smart Access Push Button Start
Dual Zone Climate Control
Dual Chrome Exhaust Tips
Sequential Automatic Transmission with Paddle Shifters (Automatic Models)
Old 09-09-05, 04:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyscv
From someone over at is300.net:

New IS PRICING Oct 11 and Std Equip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official pricing will be announced on October 11th, 2005 at the Lexus National Dealer Meeting in Toronto.
So that's the announcement date only for Canada right ?
Several content changes have been made to the IS standard equipment during the last two weeks. This is all great news. The following equipment is standard on all 2006 IS models:
Leather
Cloth seats were standard on the IS250 models on the Canadian Lexus website before, so now they'll have leather seats on all models ( I know some actually prefer cloth seats). I hope thay can still keep the base Canadian price for the IS250 at just under C$40K . . .
Old 09-14-05, 08:54 PM
DallasLex
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

06 BMW 330i: $44200.00
Steptronic Auto
Leather
Premium pkg
IDrive/Nav/voice recog.

05 IS300: $ 33600.00
Leather
Nav
Sunroof
Veh skid control

Expect the new 06 IS350 to fit right in between the above two(probably very close to the Bimmer's $). Remember however, dealers are going to mark the IS350 up a little to take advantage of the newness and initial buyer enthusiasm.

Best time to buy (if you can wait) would be late 06 to be able to have some negotiation room.
Otherwise, be prepared to pay retail or above.
Old 09-14-05, 09:42 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn! I did not want the moonroof!!! Now I can't hang the 23 inch LCD HD TV on the ceiling!

Quick Reply: When are they going to announce the pricing on the new IS?