IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

When are they going to announce the pricing on the new IS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-05, 06:35 AM
Ratman009
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When are they going to announce the pricing on the new IS?

Anyone have a date? I thought that it was going to be this week?
Old 09-07-05, 07:18 AM
lexus_x_2
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ratman009
Anyone have a date? I thought that it was going to be this week?

A while ago I head the official release date was October 1, so I was assuming that pricing would be announced around Sept 1, but that didn't happen.

Then, my dealer said he would get the new IS by October 15th, so now I guessing prices will be announced by September 15.

I would also think they would have the prices before the first Taste of Lexus event, which is September 17th.

Pricing has been announced for the IS in Japan which goes on sale Wednesday, Sept 28th.

Tom Petty once said "the waiting is the hardest part"
Old 09-07-05, 10:25 AM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

it should be released in the coming days....a few Lexus people said in the beginning of Sept.
Old 09-07-05, 10:33 AM
2ndGenIS
Driver School Candidate

Per the Lexus marketing guy I met today, pricing info to come around October 1 or so with an official release date of October 14.

His estimates for the IS versions that Lexus US are going to build were:

$44K for 350 w/ no Mark Levinson or Par Assist
$35K for 250 decently loaded (he said there will not be many released that will be less expensive than this)

He claimed that Lexus US is still in negotiations w/ Japan over pricing.
Old 09-07-05, 10:42 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndGenIS

$35K for 250 decently loaded (he said there will not be many released that will be less expensive than this)
That would be a shame if the IS350 w/ML & Park Assist touches the price or gets within 1-2k of a GS300 w/ML& Nav w/MSRP which is $50k. We were told a fully loaded IS350 was to be in the Mid $40s which is exactly what is echoed now. I hope a mid $40k IS350 will have everything including ML but minus radar cruise and park assist.
Old 09-07-05, 10:46 AM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Per the Lexus marketing guy I met today, pricing info to come around October 1 or so with an official release date of October 14.

$44K for the 350?!? That's a 2k difference from the RT car that was estimated @ 42K W/MARK LEVINSON.
Old 09-07-05, 10:57 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by webhed
$44K for the 350?!? That's a 2k difference from the RT car that was estimated @ 42K W/MARK LEVINSON.
Yeah that's why this info is still raw and preliminary. Not even the corporate reps will know the final pricing or exact option packages that will be built until it's officially released.
Old 09-07-05, 11:05 AM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Think it's time you found a new marketing rep

This is the same guy who told you that Mark Levinson audio would not be available in US (posted on my.is), even though all of the official Lexus US literature (including the "luxury" page of thenewis.com has explicity mentioned the availability of the ML system. this person works for lexus? Hopefully, not for too much longer. I certainly wouldn't trust his pricing schemes either.
Old 09-07-05, 11:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

May be Liz can chime in on this ? . . .
Old 09-07-05, 11:18 AM
2ndGenIS
Driver School Candidate

This is the same guy who told you that Mark Levinson audio would not be available in US (posted on my.is), even though all of the official Lexus US literature (including the "luxury" page of thenewis.com has explicity mentioned the availability of the ML system. this person works for lexus? Hopefully, not for too much longer. I certainly wouldn't trust his pricing schemes either.

The ML is available, but he said that they will not be building/shipping them that way. I looked at the big info packet that the sales people were being given, and the marketing guy sat down with me with his own big packet of specific information on the car. Who knows how reliable his info is, but all of the salespeople have been told to tell prospective buyers that ML is out unless special order.
Old 09-07-05, 11:29 AM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I'm still being patient

Originally Posted by flipside909
Yeah that's why this info is still raw and preliminary. Not even the corporate reps will know the final pricing or exact option packages that will be built until it's officially released.
Is that the way it usually happens? I've (obviously) been freaking out over knowing the price - and Flipside slapped me around last week until i came to my senses. It seems like hittin' everyone with the price RIGHT before the car goes on sale isnt the greatest idea.....unless of course the car is going to be priced in the lower range of guesses therefore giving everyone a pleasant surprise rather than a not so pleasant sticker shock. They know the anticiapation is great and dragging it out is one way to keep people wanting more. [bunch of buttholes...]
Old 09-07-05, 11:55 AM
Minarets
Driver School Candidate

in my ideal world, well in my semi relaistic ideal world, a fully loaded 350 with every option would be $41,000

that means a 350 with ML/NAV + sports pkg and wood would cost around $37000

if i could walk away with that i would be a happy camper, but what scares me is i will only be willing to buy "part" of this car....meaning some serious sacrifices will be coming from me.

if only they could/would price these around the infiniti G35 scale, they would sell a ton and force all other manufactuers to come down. the 'ol $35k sedans are starting to thin out somwhat....it starting to become the $40k sedans
Old 09-07-05, 12:00 PM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Okay, sorry to be so hard on the guy

The ML is available, but he said that they will not be building/shipping them that way. I looked at the big info packet that the sales people were being given, and the marketing guy sat down with me with his own big packet of specific information on the car. Who knows how reliable his info is, but all of the salespeople have been told to tell prospective buyers that ML is out unless special order.

It just makes no sense at all to do this after pushing the availability of the option. I was figuring that I would be stuck getting ML and Nav bundled together, and having to pay for the Nav that I don't really need in order to get ML. Oh well, i guess I'll just have to wait and see what starts arriving at my dealership.

Speaking of which, have the dealers (particularly the North East - NJ to be exact) received their list of the first cars coming in? I thought I saw someone post that they were contacted by their dealer for a specific car already.
Old 09-07-05, 02:10 PM
RYL
Driver School Candidate

Speaking of which, have the dealers (particularly the North East - NJ to be exact) received their list of the first cars coming in? I thought I saw someone post that they were contacted by their dealer for a specific car already.
I would like to know this info also.
Old 09-07-05, 07:19 PM
webhed
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought I saw someone post that they were contacted by their dealer for a specific car already.
You're probably referring to my post on my.is. I just spoke to my Lexus salesman just a minute ago and again he confirmed that he has one 350 en route to the dealership which has an ETA of late THIS MONTH (September). The car is an August production date. In addition to the standard equipment are as follows: Premium Luxury Plus Package, HID, 18in wheels, wood trim, MARK LEVINSON AUDIO/no NAV (not offered in HI) , Smokey Granite Mica exterior/Black interior. IIRC Lexus of Honolulu is separate from Lexus USA which means we get different allocations on the number of cars we receive. No pricing availabe on it.

Last edited by webhed; 09-07-05 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: When are they going to announce the pricing on the new IS?