IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

what is the best color fot new IS???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-05, 03:46 AM
pissout
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up what is the best color fot new IS???

also which option is better?? sport pkg or luxury pkg???
Old 09-17-05, 07:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

From the pics, I like the Breakwater Blue & Matador Red the best. I'm pretty sure the dark grey would look nice too in person.
Old 09-17-05, 07:39 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I love dark grey, dark blue and green.
Also I love grey interior which is new to me because I've never liked them in any car, including 3GS.

I have a question. Is crystal white pearl or not?
Old 09-17-05, 07:50 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi

I have a question. Is crystal white pearl or not?
The only white colors available:

Crystal White Pearl
Glacier Frost Pearl (Straight from the GS, irridescent white/metallic blue)
Old 09-17-05, 08:20 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I plan to get black which always look good on these types of vehicles. Also the sport package because I don't care much for the wood but that depends on the prices.
Old 09-17-05, 08:25 AM
upbull340
Pole Position

I'm hoping at the Taste of Lexus event we will see several different exterior and interior color combinations. Since I'm still not sold on the rear bumper - rear end design I need to see what the IS looks like in a light vs dark color.

I'm thinking black with tan interior. It would be my first black exterior. I think the tan will give it a rich look and make the car's interior look bigger than it is IMO.
Old 09-17-05, 09:47 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the classic look of Black or White. Too bad the Black isn't the Black Diamond color you can get on the Special Edition ES, and that the Crystal White doesn't have the shine like the Arctic Frost Pearl you see on the SC. The Smoky Granite Mica also is very sleek.

But if you want color, Matador Red and Breakwater Blue definately stands out. The Blue Onyx is too dark; kinda reminds me of Hondas and Acuras. I hate silver cars because they start getting dull looking when they get dirty, and it never quite stands out of a lineup. I don't like the gold color either. I don't know what to say about the Sage Green; I like green but it's too light...

Interiors: definately the black or cashmere. The sterling gray looks cold and uninviting.

As for the Luxury vs. Performance package, it would depend if you like the wood or aluminum trim. With the Luxury package, you can lower the car and add a body kit to give it it's performance badge. With the Performance package, the only thing you can't get out of the car is the wood trim.
Old 09-17-05, 05:43 PM
IS350spd
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by upbull340
I'm hoping at the Taste of Lexus event we will see several different exterior and interior color combinations. Since I'm still not sold on the rear bumper - rear end design I need to see what the IS looks like in a light vs dark color.

I'm thinking black with tan interior. It would be my first black exterior. I think the tan will give it a rich look and make the car's interior look bigger than it is IMO.
Taste of Lexus in NY had the IS in matidor red, white and silver with black interior, and the sage green with tan.

Both the red and white looked great with the black interior (and they had the sport package), the silver to me is a little too played, and the green is not my first, or second, or etc choice.

Sorry, no black or dark grey to look at.
Old 09-17-05, 06:07 PM
isdsms
Driver

So what were your driving impressions?
Old 09-17-05, 06:08 PM
isdsms
Driver

Originally Posted by isdsms
So what were your driving impressions?
Sorry about that. I didn't see your other post.
Old 09-21-05, 10:52 AM
DBZCat
Driver School Candidate

I am wanting either the blue onyx pearl or white... don't know yet! they are all hot though. I've never liked red cars, and the red on the IS looks amazing.
Old 09-21-05, 10:35 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw an E90 BMW today in "Monaco Blue", and it looks hawt... but the E90 really only looks good in that, black, or gray...

I don't really want 3 silver cars in a row, but I'm afraid that Glacier Frost is too feminine, but I haven't seen a pic of the 350 in a dark blue yet, so we'll see.
Old 09-22-05, 01:31 AM
maz
Lead Lap

I can't decide between blue onyx, smokey granite, or tungsten. I think the dark colors won't show the lines of the car very well and they are also hard to keep clean. I speak from experience with my 92 Jade Pearl LS (a very dark green color) which is always dirty. They all look like nice colors though but I'm more of a "dark colored car" kinda guy. However, this is the first time I'm even considering a silver color because of the benefits it offers. I was sold on the blue but I'll have to decide when I see the colors in person. When I saw an ES in blue onyx in the afternon, when the sun wasn't out, it didn't look good at all. I think the blue onyx looks good only in the sun like in this pic i found on my.is .
Attached Thumbnails what is the best color fot new IS???-23591dscn5576.jpg  
Old 09-22-05, 03:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Go with the white pearl. True, it doesn't have much in the way of shine, but the look is just about as classy as you can get. The white will stay cool in the summer. Yes, it will show some stains, but SCRATCH-OUT should take care of most of that.
http://www.kitwax.com/html/kitProducts.htm
Old 09-24-05, 06:13 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Breakwater Blue all the way, baybee!!!!!

Quick Reply: what is the best color fot new IS???