IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pricing, Test drive, sales availability dates

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-05, 09:48 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pricing, Test drive, sales availability dates

I know everyone is speculating about the price and whatnot but I don't remember ever seeing a thread on here that gave out dates at which these 'events" will occur.

I have gotten whiff that:

1) the prices of the 250/350 will be available on 10/11.
2) a test drive vehicle will be available at the dealership on 10/14
3) cars will be officially for sale in dealerships on 10/21

Hope this is new info.

Vit
Old 09-27-05, 01:50 PM
bscottj
Rookie

My Lexus dealer in Bellevue, WA has also told me that a car will be available on 10/14 to look at. I had not heard about the pricing date and the availability date that you mentioned, so thanks for sharing the information with us.
Old 09-27-05, 02:24 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, they sure are waiting till the last minute. Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-27-05, 03:27 PM
NCP31 bB
Driver School Candidate

Found this on the Edmunds.com forums, I don't think its accurate but its fun to speculate :

Here is the pricing on the IS 250/350

2006 IS250 (base model)
$ 27,585 - Manual - RWD
$ 28,955 - Automatic - E-Shift - RWD
$ 30,905 - Automatic - E-Shift - AWD

2006 IS350 (fully loaded)
$ 42,475 - Automatic - E-shift - RWD
Old 09-27-05, 03:32 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VitB6
I know everyone is speculating about the price and whatnot but I don't remember ever seeing a thread on here that gave out dates at which these 'events" will occur.

I have gotten whiff that:

1) the prices of the 250/350 will be available on 10/11.
2) a test drive vehicle will be available at the dealership on 10/14
3) cars will be officially for sale in dealerships on 10/21

Hope this is new info.

Vit
thanks for the info

however if you got this information from someone at a dealership, it really cant be taken as set in stone. the people at the dealerships know about as much as my little sister about the car (and I don't have a little sister....)

one guy i talked to actually admited he didnt know **** about the car after he found out I was semi educated on the subject. he told me that no one at lexus has any idea as to when the pricing will be released, but I'm going to believe him on that one.

the dealers know when the car is going to be coming in, so those dates should be right, but as for the pricing I am skeptical. Not saying he couldnt be right on all the date, just saying hes probably full of **** either way

i really cant believe it is getting this near the cars release date and there is still no pricing though... what is this some new marketing strategy? Maybe the price will be higher than everyone expected and they are trying to trap people in on more pre orders before they know the price
Old 09-27-05, 03:58 PM
MatadorIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by NCP31 bB
Found this on the Edmunds.com forums, I don't think its accurate but its fun to speculate :

Here is the pricing on the IS 250/350

2006 IS250 (base model)
$ 27,585 - Manual - RWD
$ 28,955 - Automatic - E-Shift - RWD
$ 30,905 - Automatic - E-Shift - AWD

2006 IS350 (fully loaded)
$ 42,475 - Automatic - E-shift - RWD
This info is really old, and is probably wrong. It's taken directly from here: http://www.colexusclub.com/article34.html and was posted in March.
Old 09-27-05, 04:14 PM
davlav
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by the_ez_rhino
thanks for the info

however if you got this information from someone at a dealership, it really cant be taken as set in stone. the people at the dealerships know about as much as my little sister about the car (and I don't have a little sister....)

one guy i talked to actually admited he didnt know **** about the car after he found out I was semi educated on the subject. he told me that no one at lexus has any idea as to when the pricing will be released, but I'm going to believe him on that one.

the dealers know when the car is going to be coming in, so those dates should be right, but as for the pricing I am skeptical. Not saying he couldnt be right on all the date, just saying hes probably full of **** either way

i really cant believe it is getting this near the cars release date and there is still no pricing though... what is this some new marketing strategy? Maybe the price will be higher than everyone expected and they are trying to trap people in on more pre orders before they know the price
I agree that it is strange that Lexus is holding out on pricing info. Makes you wonder if they're gauging interest and test results from Car & Driver, etc. before pricing so as to make sure they stay competitive with BMW and others. Lexus gives their dealers some of the largest margins (invoice to MSRP) in the industry, so they've probably got some wiggle room anyhow.

No disrespect to Lexus, but if the IS is trying to beat the 3-Series at its own game, its going to have to come in a few thousand $ less than a comparable BMW if they want to convert folks over from the 3-Series to the new IS.
Old 09-27-05, 04:18 PM
NCP31 bB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tonyarous
This info is really old, and is probably wrong. It's taken directly from here: http://www.colexusclub.com/article34.html and was posted in March.
I thought it looked familier, couldnt remember from where though....
Like i said, its probably not accurate, we'll see in a couple days how off it is
Old 09-27-05, 05:59 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the prices are already set.

they just haven't been released.
Old 09-27-05, 09:43 PM
VitB6
Pole Position

Ken, I believe that you are 100% correct. They have to have material printed out by now as well and just not releasing it.

It would be a colossal mistake to price the IS 250 more than the 325i and the 350 higher than the 330i. If you are trying to cut into this market which BMW has a stranglehold on, you must bring out a quality product AND be $1,000 lower the first year. Only having the product will not be enough because people will still lean on a sure thing. If you are priced $1,000 below the competition for the first year, then they will sell like hotcakes and the name will be out. Then the second year you can increase the price without much lashback.

We shall see but Lexus really MUST price the IS250 at a base of $29,500 (or even 500 less) for 6 sp MtT for them to be successful.

I really hope they reealize this. we shall see in 2 more weeks.
Old 09-30-05, 10:41 PM
sjava
Driver School Candidate

Lightbulb Japanese Prices

You can find the price in Japan at http://lexus.jp/models/is/spec/price.html.

IS250 RWD: $32,732
IS250 RWD Version S: $33,991
IS250 RWD Version L: $36,508
IS350 RWD: $40,285
IS350 RWD Version S: $41,544
IS350 RWD Version L: $44,062

I think the US prices won't be far off than these.
Old 10-01-05, 12:04 AM
suprabob
Driver School Candidate

Over $40k for an IS350 is overpriced.
Old 10-01-05, 09:26 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by suprabob
Over $40k for an IS350 is overpriced.
I hope the price is mid-$40's. I don't want to see the streets flooded with 350's. That price will separate the players from the posers.
Old 10-01-05, 10:07 AM
ilitig8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I hope the price is mid-$40's. I don't want to see the streets flooded with 350's. That price will separate the players from the posers.

True and seperate Lexus from a lot of sales along with separating the money savy from the spendthrifts...
Old 10-01-05, 11:30 AM
davezaristo
Lead Lap

My nearest dealer Lexus of Serramonte already got a fully loaded IS350. I was able to check it out from the exterior but no test drives and they wouldn't even unlock the doors for me to see the interior. The salesperson claims that even the dealership staff didn't get a chance to test drive and the car is suppose to be going to some kind of show but turns out that it was sitting at the dealership for a month already. In addition, there was NO price sticker on the car so i guess we just have to wait 2 more wks....

Quick Reply: Pricing, Test drive, sales availability dates