IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 02:50 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is Lexus so inconfident with their latest masterpiece!?? What makes them think that people aren't willing to pay for their highly-regarded 2nd-gen ML system??? I'm truly disappointed with such a stupid sales move.

As TimboIS said, this is NOT the way to "test the water" of the market. How can they even claim the demand is low when they don't make the option available in the first place? You make the option custom ordered...OF COURSE THE DEMAND WILL BE LOW because many people don't like to wait. Most like to sign the documents and drive away in their brand spanking new vehicles! Lexus, are you listening??? Stop being such a coward about your own products!! They're all-new for god's sake!!!

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-03-05 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-03-05, 03:07 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

34 are nav "Premium Luxury Plus"
Colors: All colors are available.

[/QUOTE]

So are there any Premium luxury plus 350 cars WITHOUT the nav? I dont want nav or ml - but the other luxury features are a must! Thanks for your info. I'm looking to lease in December so hopefully I can get the car i'm looking for. Like you said, you can save some bucks by not getting the ml and thats great - i just want to save TWICE as much by not getting the nav! Thanks for the great info.
Old 10-03-05, 03:16 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
You make the option custom ordered...OF COURSE THE DEMAND WILL BE LOW because many people don't like to wait. Most like to sign the documents and drive away in their brand spanking new vehicles! Lexus, are you listening??? Stop being such a coward about your own products!! They're all-new for god's sake!!!
Not only that. I can live with the 3 month wait to get what I want, but often the deal is MSRP or at the very least not nearly as good with what they think you want and have on the lot. I understand dealers want to move cars off the thier lot and will deal more on those cars, but so for I still don't have the Lexus I wanted. Even with my 04 I had to settle to an acceptable compromise because Lexus makes getting what you want a PITA and a lot more expensive.
Old 10-03-05, 03:17 PM
joshua d
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I for one was looking forward to the 6 disk DVD changer... that’s over 20 gigs of mp3 music right there, no messy Ipod needed and the song names are displayed on the screen. Plus DVD movies while you are sitting in the car. I mean if you know about that option and are already spending 40k on a car then why not have it? I think its absolutely essential, because the Camry will have that option in a few years and make your car look lame for not having it.
Old 10-03-05, 03:25 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Don't Panic!!! There's A Car For Everyone!!!

I know that people are concerned whether they will or won't get what they want.

Check out the cars when they arrive on the lots. If you don't find the exact one that you want, ask your dealer to call other nearby dealerships to see what they've got. If they do, ask to put it on hold.

The best way to get "exactly" what you want is to order it through Lexus and wait 90 days. You get what you want and you pay for only what you want. You'll pay for MSRP, but so will everyone else until late next year.

Part of the excitement of car buying experience is the search for the car you want. Enjoy the search and you WILL find the car that you want.
Old 10-03-05, 03:35 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The best way to get "exactly" what you want is to order it through Lexus and wait 90 days.
You mean wait ANOTHER 90 days! I've already been waiting over 120 days.
Old 10-03-05, 03:44 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Lexus must be doing SOMETHING right in packaging/selling their vehicles because they've been the #1 selling luxury nameplate in the country for the past 4 years running.
In any case, why are you guys so surprised? Lexus has always been extremely conservative in every aspect in the past. Secretive and conservative in every way! It's nothing new to us CL folks, right?

On a side note, I've already picked out the IS I want for myself and that is the IS250 automatic, RWD with nav "Premium Plus Package" in Breakwater Blue/ Sterling. I originally wanted the 250 with nav and "Performance Package" in Breakwater Blue/Black, but after seeing what's made I had to make a few alternate choices. I'm not too concerned with some options on my car, just happy to have a new IS is good enough for me.
Ahhh, new car smell.....I can't wait!
Old 10-03-05, 03:54 PM
joshua d
Rookie

I am concerned because if you drop 40 plus k you better get what you want. It would be nice to get what you want and be a early adopter of this car, last time I was able to do so when the old model came out in July 2000.
Old 10-03-05, 04:08 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by joshua d
I am concerned because if you drop 40 plus k you better get what you want. It would be nice to get what you want and be a early adopter of this car, last time I was able to do so when the old model came out in July 2000.
Yes I see your point. However, I decided it's not worth the 90 day wait to get "exactly" what I want. I figure a person will have many many cars in their lifetime and there will be lots of other opportunities for me, specifically the IS convertible rumored to be out in 1-2 years.
FYI, when the IS300 first came out there were no options. It was all one build. The only choice you had was color.
Old 10-03-05, 04:13 PM
joshua d
Rookie

correct, and I was always looking at those BMW people and laughing thinking how many options they had to do without because they did not have it at the dealer at the time they bought, so technically the 2001 was fully loaded
Old 10-03-05, 04:21 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by joshua d
correct, and I was always looking at those BMW people and laughing thinking how many options they had to do without because they did not have it at the dealer at the time they bought, so technically the 2001 was fully loaded
LMAO! Yes I remember that. My customers were soooo happy to have a cd changer in dash already included in price while BMW had theirs in the trunk and as a $1,000 option. I just kind of stared at them ,amazed at how happy they were with just that one thing. I guess I had gotten so spoiled by Lexus so often I had to pause for a second.
Old 10-03-05, 04:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
LMAO! Yes I remember that. My customers were soooo happy to have a cd changer in dash already included in price while BMW had theirs in the trunk and as a $1,000 option. I just kind of stared at them ,amazed at how happy they were with just that one thing. I guess I had gotten so spoiled by Lexus so often I had to pause for a second.
lol, classic example. in recent yrs the new e class, even hid is STILL not an option, how amazing...

in any case, imho, if you want to one of the early birds to have the new IS, i would just personally customize it and order one with 90 days wait. i don't mind the little wait especially since i would be paying msrp anyway.

however, back when i was shopping for my sc430 (haha ask asiangirl ), i wanted white on black however they don't come that way ever. i was given the option to order it, but for msrp and also 3 months wait (which would prohibited me from using the 500 bucks coupon). comparing to the deal i could get for white on saddle, it really became a no brainer

just think of it this way. i agree with elizabeth that no matter how you put it, lexus has been one of the best selling luxury brand, so there must be a reason. they are conservative, we all know that, i dont' think anyone can deny that. however, their way of not giving out as much "customizations" does help to reduce the cost quite a bit. do you know how expensive it is to make everything so "customizable"? to be honest i would rather see lexus doing what they do now and make the car 10k cheaper than competitor, rather than paying the potential 10k more premium so i can customize the wood color
Old 10-03-05, 05:01 PM
joshua d
Rookie

you guys are right... I dont even care about car color.. I just want the pimp sound and dvd sytem they keep on touting, thats all pretty simple
Old 10-03-05, 05:08 PM
umpalumpa
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Agree... Sort of.

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Yes I see your point. However, I decided it's not worth the 90 day wait to get "exactly" what I want. I figure a person will have many many cars in their lifetime and there will be lots of other opportunities for me, specifically the IS convertible rumored to be out in 1-2 years.
FYI, when the IS300 first came out there were no options. It was all one build. The only choice you had was color.
I totally dont want to wait the 90 days. I think I'm just one of those people who will compromise, especially being a leaser vs a buyer. I guess I could suck it up and live with the Nav if i had to (and i would probably end up loving it!) but i'd really rather save the dough since the 350 is giong to be right on the pricing edge for me (i think ) i hope!
Old 10-03-05, 05:27 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Does anyone want some cheese with their whine?

Great info Elizabeth.

Quick Reply: 2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST