IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 05:52 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
I totally dont want to wait the 90 days. I think I'm just one of those people who will compromise, especially being a leaser vs a buyer. I guess I could suck it up and live with the Nav if i had to (and i would probably end up loving it!) but i'd really rather save the dough since the 350 is giong to be right on the pricing edge for me (i think ) i hope!
Yes I don't think I could stand the torture of waiting 90 days either. If you are leasing, you can residualize the nav so it isn't so expensive. That would help you a little bit.
I am anxiously waiting for 5th generation nav since I get lost CONSTANTLY. It's embarrassing how often and badly I get lost sometimes!
I have a Bluetooth phone as well and am looking forward to connecting my phone to the car.
Old 10-03-05, 05:53 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default wait another 90 days?

who wants to bring a new car home in the middle of a january winter in kansas?

no ml, no purchase.
Old 10-03-05, 05:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by kensteele
who wants to bring a new car home in the middle of a january winter in kansas?

no ml, no purchase.
This thread is for the WEST coast allocation. It is always a good idea to check with your local Lexus dealer as the build tends to differ from region to region. Thanks.
Old 10-03-05, 07:01 PM
Hollywd IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joshua d
correct, and I was always looking at those BMW people and laughing thinking how many options they had to do without because they did not have it at the dealer at the time they bought, so technically the 2001 was fully loaded

That is one thing Acura does better than ANY car company. Take out the guess work and offer to fully loaded choices, w/ Navi or without.
Old 10-03-05, 07:06 PM
pelucidor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
LMAO! Yes I remember that. My customers were soooo happy to have a cd changer in dash already included in price while BMW had theirs in the trunk and as a $1,000 option. I just kind of stared at them ,amazed at how happy they were with just that one thing. I guess I had gotten so spoiled by Lexus so often I had to pause for a second.
Well on the new BMW 3-series the 6-CD changer is now only a $635 option. Still in the trunk however...
Old 10-03-05, 07:20 PM
Badman Forever
Lead Lap

if i were living in cali, i'd be purchasing my is350 through asiangirl and get me an ipod w/ it! oh well.. maybe in my next lifetime. for now i'll just have to settle for one w/o the ipod offer down here in texas. but hopefully we atleast get the other range of colors for the performance pack is350 down here.
Old 10-03-05, 07:22 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone keeps knocking the BMW CD changer option, but at least you can get it when you want it. As far as I know the ML system is available just Lexus chooses to NOT offer it with their first allocation of cars in some if not most regions. Why? If the system is ready and available why not bring it in? Why hold it back and make it a PITA special order for those that want it now?
Old 10-03-05, 09:11 PM
cooney
Rookie

Default CD changer

According to the specs, the standard audio system also has a 6-disc in-dash CD changer. So you don't have to wait for the ML system for that feature.
Old 10-03-05, 09:17 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by cooney
According to the specs, the standard audio system also has a 6-disc in-dash CD changer. So you don't have to wait for the ML system for that feature.
That is correct. The standard audio and standard nav model IS250/350 has a standard 6 disc cd changer which reads MP3 and WMA as well.
Old 10-03-05, 09:22 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't speak for the others but I wasn't actually talking about the 6 disk changer itself but just using it as an example that if the option is available whether it be a changer or an upgraded ML audio system it should be available and not put on hold and special ordered unless there is a problem with the system and it is not ready yet. If it is available ship some cars with them already. That is all my point is really. Why hold out?
Old 10-03-05, 10:10 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
This thread is for the WEST coast allocation. It is always a good idea to check with your local Lexus dealer as the build tends to differ from region to region. Thanks.
If we get MLs in KS MIDWEST and you guys do not in CA WEST for the first allocation, I'm going to be one happy person. I thought I read someplace "no one" would get MLs until next year rumor. Thanks, I'm going to visit my dealership tomorrow....
Old 10-03-05, 10:27 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I know that people are concerned whether they will or won't get what they want.
I know you replied with good intentions but...
Check out the cars when they arrive on the lots. If you don't find the exact one that you want, ask your dealer to call other nearby dealerships to see what they've got. If they do, ask to put it on hold.
They can call all they want but there just isn't one with ML to be found.
The best way to get "exactly" what you want is to order it through Lexus and wait 90 days. You get what you want and you pay for only what you want. You'll pay for MSRP, but so will everyone else until late next year.
And how do I know if I "want" the ML system or not if there isn't even gonna be an IS in the showroom equipped with this option for me to pop in my favorite CD to test and compare to the standard audio system with? Are people supposed to custom order the ML system without trying it out first and wait for 90 days anyway only to find that their ears might not be sensitive enough to make the system worth the additional cost and the 90 days of wait?
Part of the excitement of car buying experience is the search for the car you want. Enjoy the search and you WILL find the car that you want.
Again, if the car I want (or might want, since I haven't listened to the IS's ML system in person to know if it's worth the money yet) actually existed I might be able to enjoy "searching for" it. Right now it's KNOWN to be non-existent. Talk about depressing.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-03-05 at 11:54 PM.
Old 10-04-05, 12:05 AM
shoei
Driver

Originally Posted by flipside909
Does anyone want some cheese with their whine?

Great info Elizabeth.

Ouch! The truth hurts when it comes to cheese and whine!

You know the West coast ppl. They want their rides to be pimp as one CL member called it.
I think alot of .Net and CL members have alot of pent up demand for this car and by not getting exactly what they want i.e. (ML audio), it puts a huge downer on things. I guess west coast fokes have too much cash and not enough toys to blow it on. It seems like nobody wants to wait for anything anymore. Geeee...

I'm personally sitting out on the 1st years model and waiting to see how thing play out after 1 year. Come 2007-2008, it will be my usual trip down to LA from Northern Cal to buy a Lexus. I hope Elizabeth will still be around in a year and a half to sell me a IS350 Performace Plus Pack w/ML & Nav. Now the hard part is picking the color I want. Black, White or the tried and true Silver. Decision....decision....decision....oh wait, I've still got 1 yr to decide!
Old 10-04-05, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well same here actually, i try not to get the first yr car. that's why i don't have the 3gs
Old 10-04-05, 07:09 AM
Lexus3oi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i understand maybe having to pay MSRP or close to it, when the cars first arrive, whether you buy off the lot or "custom order"

but the way things are sounding here, any time you "custom order" from Lexus, you will have to pay MSRP ?!?!

even the new E90s, through a competitive dealer, can be custom ordered for invoice + $1k

Quick Reply: 2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST