IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-05, 07:27 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
how do I know if I "want" the ML system or not if there isn't even gonna be an IS in the showroom equipped with this option for me to pop in my favorite CD to test and compare to the standard audio system with? Are people supposed to custom order the ML system without trying it out first and wait for 90 days anyway only to find that their ears might not be sensitive enough to make the system worth the additional cost and the 90 days of wait?Again, if the car I want (or might want, since I haven't listened to the IS's ML system in person to know if it's worth the money yet) actually existed I might be able to enjoy "searching for" it. Right now it's KNOWN to be non-existent. Talk about depressing.
Why don't you order one with Mark Levinson now so you don't waste any time? If you decide you don't want it later you can always back out of your order and switch to a non Mark Levinson car. You're not locked into it you know. Dealers will have NO problem selling it to someone else should you chang your mind on it and I'm sure they will be more than happy to sell you a different IS.
Also are you going to Taste of Luxury in Nov? Probably there will be a Mark Levinson car there. Just remember to bring a cd with you.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 10-04-05 at 07:46 AM.
Old 10-04-05, 09:16 AM
vwong
Driver

So when are you going to put in my order, Elizabeth?
Old 10-04-05, 09:50 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Why don't you order one with Mark Levinson now so you don't waste any time?
Can dealers even place orders yet? Can you post a list of all the option codes? Thanks.
Old 10-04-05, 10:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Can dealers even place orders yet? Can you post a list of all the option codes? Thanks.
They've been placing orders granted you put in a deposit. The longer you wait to order, the longer you will have to wait for the car to be built, shipped and delivered. It's not rocket science.
Old 10-04-05, 10:12 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
They've been placing orders granted you put in a deposit. The longer you wait to order, the longer you will have to wait for the car to be built, shipped and delivered. It's not rocket science.
NOPE, no orders for builds outside of allocation. They are only placing orders to get vehicles from allocation.

Last edited by TimboIS; 10-04-05 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-04-05, 10:32 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

NOPE, no orders for builds outside of allocation. They are only placing orders to get vehicles from allocation.
Well thats only true during these first few months for initial allocation. You can wait a few months or even later this year and you can get the one you want. Again it's not hard to decipher. Supply and demand.
Old 10-04-05, 10:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Well thats only true during these first few months for initial allocation. You can wait a few months or even later this year and you can get the one you want. Again it's not hard to decipher. Supply and demand.
yup that's my understanding, you can most definitely start talking to your dealership to custom order yours
Old 10-04-05, 10:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3oi
i understand maybe having to pay MSRP or close to it, when the cars first arrive, whether you buy off the lot or "custom order"

but the way things are sounding here, any time you "custom order" from Lexus, you will have to pay MSRP ?!?!

even the new E90s, through a competitive dealer, can be custom ordered for invoice + $1k
that's why they discourage you to do that. you pay msrp coz' they have to go their way out to do the custom order. it's like they don't have custom order so cost for everything is low. for bimmer they allow cusom order so cost for everything is in general higher already. that's why you only pay that 1k extra to get what you want. but for lexus you will pay more premium

makes perfect sense to me
Old 10-04-05, 10:45 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by rominl
yup that's my understanding, you can most definitely start talking to your dealership to custom order yours
Agreed. Talk to the right dealerships and they will get you what you want.
Old 10-04-05, 10:56 AM
Lexus3oi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
... that's why you only pay that 1k extra to get what you want...
i meant $1k over dealer invoice, not $1k over MSRP....ie. you pay no premium at all (except waiting 90 days for the car to be built/delivered)

so sounds like Lexus does not encourage "custom orders", which is fine, as long as you can find the car exactly how you want it
Old 10-04-05, 11:16 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I am a dealer and I can tell you that is not true.
So....which IS would you like to get?
Old 10-04-05, 11:17 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by vwong
So when are you going to put in my order, Elizabeth?
Just say the word, I am ready!
Old 10-04-05, 11:21 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

I happen to think Lexus is being really smart about this no nav build for the initial group. I personally don't care for it as the standard sound system is already excellent. I care more about the navigation than I do the Mark Levinson, and if I can save about $2,500 by NOT getting the Mark Levinson then I'm all for it! In any case, Mark Levinson is available, but in a special order and if there are a lot of orders then I'm sure they will start building them. Probably they are "testing" the market since it is an expensive option.

I doubt we will see any PCS on this car. Another expensive option, but you can absolutely order it.
there was a lot of talk previously on how people want fully loaded models for less than 42k... And Lexus seems to have given them exactly that.

I found it funny originally how people want fully loaded, but they dont care what exactly is included as long as it is fully loaded. I bet if Lexus offered PCS + ML in first run models, people would complain how it is really expensive at 46k, this way it would be great pricing:-).
Old 10-04-05, 11:21 AM
vwong
Driver

Just say the word, I am ready!
Please!!!

Do you want me to call you to confirm what color combo and options I want? And please put on the order form "DO NOT DRILL HOLES ON THE FRONT BUMPER FOR LICENSE PLATE."

Thanks.
Old 10-04-05, 11:34 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by vwong
Please!!!

Do you want me to call you to confirm what color combo and options I want? And please put on the order form "DO NOT DRILL HOLES ON THE FRONT BUMPER FOR LICENSE PLATE."

Thanks.
I'm still at home right now (my CL loyalty knows no boundries!) so I'll call you after lunch and thanks for the "No Holes" reminder, I'll take care of it personally.

Quick Reply: 2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST