IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-05, 01:03 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST

Hey everyone, here is the allocation for the first group of IS's coming for the west coast:

IS250 6 speed: 25
As far as I can see from the production sheet, all manual cars are pretty much basic, no nav upgrade built on this group.
Colors: Crystal White, Smokey Granite, Tungsten , Black, and Matador Red

IS250 RWD: 551
220 are nav cars and 331 are basic cars.
Colors: All colors are available.

IS250AWD: 32
Looks like all are basic with "17 wheels.
Colors: No Desert Sage, no Breakwater Blue. All other colors are available.

IS350: 340
118 are nav "Premium Plus"

171 are regular "Premium Plus"
Colors: All colors are avilable.

34 are nav "Premium Luxury Plus"

17 are nav "Performance Luxury Plus"
Colors: Smokey Granite, Tungsten, and Black are only colors available.

Please keep in mind this is the first shipment which will arrive in mid-late October and there will be another gang of IS's on a boat coming right around the corner in November.

There is no Mark Levinson option available in the first group of cars. If you can't live without it, then a special 3 month order is always possible.

It looks like all west coast cars are coming with "18 wheels, except for AWD of course.

As always, please pm me with any questions you don't want the whole world to read!
Old 10-03-05, 01:11 PM
DingDingDao
Rookie

Great info! Out of curiosity, if I wanted to spec out an IS350 with ML + Nav + Performance Luxury Plus in Crystal White, how long will it take to go from order sheet to delivery?
Old 10-03-05, 01:19 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
There is no Mark Levinson option available in the first group of cars. If you can't live without it, then a special 3 month order is always possible.

If No ML is true, Lexus really screwed up. All the demo cars are loaded to the max, yet, they aren't delivering them. I asked my dealer if they could place an order WAY back, at least then I could have exactly what I wanted whenever the actual release date turned out to be. That would have guaranteed some happy customers. Now we have to wait an additional 3-4 months. It's going to end up being 1 year from the intro in NY to the time we have what we desire.

What other options are coming on the initial allocation? PCS? Park Assist?

Last edited by TimboIS; 10-03-05 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-03-05, 01:35 PM
Lexus3oi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DingDingDo
....how long will it take to go from order sheet to delivery?

yeah, what he said

will all dealers be able to eventually offer "built to order" IS350s ?
Old 10-03-05, 01:55 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Sucks no ML equipped cars are coming at first. Some should definitely be equipped, but I'm positive many ML equipped cars will be on the way with the second allocation for the West Coast. Maybe the other regions are different, so all hope is not lost for the 1st allocation.
Old 10-03-05, 01:55 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by TimboIS
If No ML is true, Lexus is really shooting themselves in the foot. All the demo cars are loaded to the max, yet, they aren't delivering them.

What other options are coming on the initial allocation? PCS? Park Assist?
I happen to think Lexus is being really smart about this no nav build for the initial group. I personally don't care for it as the standard sound system is already excellent. I care more about the navigation than I do the Mark Levinson, and if I can save about $2,500 by NOT getting the Mark Levinson then I'm all for it! In any case, Mark Levinson is available, but in a special order and if there are a lot of orders then I'm sure they will start building them. Probably they are "testing" the market since it is an expensive option.

I doubt we will see any PCS on this car. Another expensive option, but you can absolutely order it.
Old 10-03-05, 01:56 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Lexus3oi
will all dealers be able to eventually offer "built to order" IS350s ?
Lexus has ALWAYS offered "bulit to order", it's called a custom order and it takes about 90 days to get a car.
Old 10-03-05, 02:05 PM
cooney
Rookie

Default 350 performance package

Only 17 of 948 cars (less than 2%) are IS350's with the performance package, and then only in three colors and all with nav. Ugh!

Last edited by cooney; 10-03-05 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-03-05, 02:17 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I happen to think Lexus is being really smart about this no nav build for the initial group. I personally don't care for it as the standard sound system is already excellent. I care more about the navigation than I do the Mark Levinson, and if I can save about $2,500 by NOT getting the Mark Levinson then I'm all for it! In any case, Mark Levinson is available, but in a special order and if there are a lot of orders then I'm sure they will start building them. Probably they are "testing" the market since it is an expensive option.

I doubt we will see any PCS on this car. Another expensive option, but you can absolutely order it.
I happen to think Lexus is being really dumb. Lexus should have mixed the configs of the initial cars and THEN decided. Most manufactures of ANY product, not just autos, will generally put out the more expensive configs first, because early adopters will pay more. Then pull back on the options for the latter buyers.

Plus ML adds more that just a better sounding stereo! Adds DVD audio and video, effectively 7x capacity of the non-ML system. 6 x 4.7GB of MP3/WMA without the need for an aux MP3 player.

Lexus has ALWAYS offered "bulit to order", it's called a custom order and it takes about 90 days to get a car.
I assume that's 90 days AFTER the 17th.

Last edited by TimboIS; 10-03-05 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-03-05, 02:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, nice! and only 25 6 speed? that's boring man.... i want 6 speed (but on the 350 please....)

and yup, i can never live without ML anymore, so if i were to get one, i will have to wait 90 days no brainer. for the price the upgrade is cheap imho... and yeah, lexus always do custom order, except most of the time you pay for msrp (which is no problem in this case though)

and cooney, there are 17 performance LUXURY plus, not just performance but i can't believe there are only 17 for that still
Old 10-03-05, 02:29 PM
Lexus3oi
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
....lexus always do custom order, except most of the time you pay for msrp...

screw dat !!
Old 10-03-05, 02:35 PM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mark Levinson and PCS puts price into the stratosphere

As all of the Clubbers from Lexus know each region will order what they feel will sell best in their territory. Here in the East we are not seeing the Mark Levinson in the initial build. Sometimes it is a supply issue that steers the production a certain direction too. The Gen 5 Navigation is what everyone has been waiting for with the voice commandable address entry and voice command bluetooth phone numbers. Yes! And it speaks Spanish for the first time....The main thing is that it comes with a true Lexus interior and has stability control standard with the IS350 getting VDIM which has been improved to allow a little slip in the back end for you enthusiasts. This car is a comer. Wait 'till you drive it. The IS250 performs well too. We are special ordering Mark Levinson for our own private consumption here at the store.

Last edited by Rockville; 10-04-05 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-03-05, 02:43 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Default Good things come to those who wait?

17 are nav "Performance Luxury Plus"
Colors: Smokey Granite, Tungsten, and Black are only colors available.

Looks like I struck out with the first batch. If the next shipment doesn't have the specs I want, looks like I won't get the car until the beginning of the year .
Old 10-03-05, 02:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus3oi
screw dat !!
well, for the initial new IS pretty much everyone will pay msrp anyway
Old 10-03-05, 02:49 PM
cooney
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
and cooney, there are 17 performance LUXURY plus, not just performance but i can't believe there are only 17 for that still
Last I saw, there is only one "performance" package, called "Performance Luxury Plus."

Although the 18" wheels can be ordered separately, the performance suspension seems to only come as part of that "performance luxury" package.

Or am I missing something?

Quick Reply: 2006 IS250/IS350 Allocation WEST COAST