IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

OFFICIAL Pricing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-10, 04:17 PM
phatasian8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking at getting an IS250 AWD in white. The only one in my area that isnt brand new is a 2008 starfire pearl with 23k miles on it. I emailed them and they said it had every option that was available for the IS250. He said it has the premium package as well as the sport package. There asking $36,987 which seems really high to me for a used 2008, so I'm wondering what you guys think is a reasonable price for this IS or is a good negotiating price to start at?
Old 02-09-10, 04:34 PM
dclive
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phatasian8
I'm looking at getting an IS250 AWD in white. The only one in my area that isnt brand new is a 2008 starfire pearl with 23k miles on it. I emailed them and they said it had every option that was available for the IS250. He said it has the premium package as well as the sport package. There asking $36,987 which seems really high to me for a used 2008, so I'm wondering what you guys think is a reasonable price for this IS or is a good negotiating price to start at?
You should read post #441.

I'd start at about $20k and work up from there. When you survey the car websites to see what they're selling at, what do you find?
Old 02-09-10, 05:16 PM
phatasian8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dclive
You should read post #441.

I'd start at about $20k and work up from there. When you survey the car websites to see what they're selling at, what do you find?

Ya so post 441 tells me how much a IS350 is going for that doas me no good since I'm looking for a IS250 AWD. I have been looking at the forsale car websites and the prices range a great deal. So I'm wondering what is a good price for this car I'm looking at?
Old 02-09-10, 07:23 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by phatasian8
Uh...they don't offer the sports package on the AWD IS, so that'd be a concern right off the bat...
Old 03-08-10, 07:09 AM
BLGM5
Driver School Candidate

just bought a 2007 IS250AWD, with 49k miles. no nav. $22k. most listings in my area (northern indiana) are in the 20-25k range.
Old 03-17-10, 07:44 PM
BlackFish8
Pole Position

I sold my bimmer and now I'm a proud new owner of a 2007 Lexus IS250 (Tungsten Pearl). The car has 52K miles I got it for $20,400 OTD. Car is in good mechanical shape and clean title. Would you say this is a decent price?
Old 04-19-10, 10:44 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Like New 2007 IS 350 with only 20,500 miles.
Starfire Pearl White Exterior with Black Leather and Wood Trim Interior.

FULLY LOADED:
- Luxury Package
- GPS Navigation System
- Mark Levinson Audio Package
- Factory Installed Upgraded Lexus Exhaust
- 6 Disc CD/DVD Changer, plays mp3s
- Backup Camera
- Moonroof
- 18" Wheels

CONDITION:
- Garaged
- Looks & Runs Great - No Dings - No Dents - No Accidents
- Original Owner, non smoker
- Brand new front tires
- Dealer maintenance
- Very Clean Interior
- Still under Factory Warranty

Private seller is asking $30,500. What is a good negotiating price to start with and how much can I get this car for? What is the going rate for this kind of car I mean. I am not sure but if the seller does not have the title, how would I go by getting the car without being scammed?

Thanks
Old 04-20-10, 01:39 AM
ddts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
Like New 2007 IS 350 with only 20,500 miles.
Starfire Pearl White Exterior with Black Leather and Wood Trim Interior.

FULLY LOADED:
- Luxury Package
- GPS Navigation System
- Mark Levinson Audio Package
- Factory Installed Upgraded Lexus Exhaust
- 6 Disc CD/DVD Changer, plays mp3s
- Backup Camera
- Moonroof
- 18" Wheels

CONDITION:
- Garaged
- Looks & Runs Great - No Dings - No Dents - No Accidents
- Original Owner, non smoker
- Brand new front tires
- Dealer maintenance
- Very Clean Interior
- Still under Factory Warranty

Private seller is asking $30,500. What is a good negotiating price to start with and how much can I get this car for? What is the going rate for this kind of car I mean. I am not sure but if the seller does not have the title, how would I go by getting the car without being scammed?

Thanks
Try to get him around the 27k range or under. I just bought a mint condition 2007 IS350 with 9900 miles for $27250. Has Lux package and nav but not ML audio. However it did have park assist and had the 18" ISP Mode Alloy Wheels that Lexus offers.

If it's a private party the seller should have the title. If the seller does not have the title, he can get a duplicate from his DMV. Make sure the title does not have a lien on it or you may not be able to transfer the title to your name. Also, make sure you get a notarized bill of sale.
Old 04-20-10, 02:25 AM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ddts
Try to get him around the 27k range or under. I just bought a mint condition 2007 IS350 with 9900 miles for $27250. Has Lux package and nav but not ML audio. However it did have park assist and had the 18" ISP Mode Alloy Wheels that Lexus offers.

If it's a private party the seller should have the title. If the seller does not have the title, he can get a duplicate from his DMV. Make sure the title does not have a lien on it or you may not be able to transfer the title to your name. Also, make sure you get a notarized bill of sale.
Thanks for the input. That was not what I meant by having the title but that was good info anyways. What I meant was what if the seller is still paying off the car and the bank has the title. Did you buy your car from a dealer or private party and is that $27,250 OTD or before taxes?
Old 04-20-10, 03:58 AM
k2sty1
Pole Position

man u guys are so lucky
a month ago i picked up a SGM 2007 IS250 Sport, i live in sydney, australia BTW

its got nav, ML stereo, moonroof, rear cam, front, rear sensors, HID lights, 18" rims, sport suspension, i think all the options u can get
it had 25,000km's roughly 15,000miles

it cost me (well my parents) $AU 47,000
which is around 43-44000 US dollars

got so ripped off compared to the US
but it was the best deal in my area, and the best i could find with low km's and fully optioned
its also got alcantara interior, i dont think the US gets em, or am i wrong?

im pretty sure i could have got a used IS-F for that price in the US!!!!!
man that makes me feel bad, i could have had 500+HP instead of the 200+ HP in my 250, LOL
Old 04-20-10, 12:16 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by k2sty1
man u guys are so lucky
a month ago i picked up a SGM 2007 IS250 Sport, i live in sydney, australia BTW

its got nav, ML stereo, moonroof, rear cam, front, rear sensors, HID lights, 18" rims, sport suspension, i think all the options u can get
it had 25,000km's roughly 15,000miles

it cost me (well my parents) $AU 47,000
which is around 43-44000 US dollars

got so ripped off compared to the US
but it was the best deal in my area, and the best i could find with low km's and fully optioned
its also got alcantara interior, i dont think the US gets em, or am i wrong?

im pretty sure i could have got a used IS-F for that price in the US!!!!!
man that makes me feel bad, i could have had 500+HP instead of the 200+ HP in my 250, LOL
Are wages higher in AU than US or are the cars there just over inflated? That is a lot of money for a used IS250.
Old 05-17-10, 09:40 AM
jharwood1
Driver School Candidate

Default Base IS250 Plus PPVE

I am considering purchasing a 2010 IS250. I test drove the IS250 over the weekend and determined that I could live without all of the bells and whistles, except for the premium package value edition (PPVE). After the test drive I was informed by the salesperson that in the south it would be virtually impossible to find a base IS250 + PPVE.

The salesperson mentioned that Lexus only delivers models with the 18 inch wheels plus various different option packages to dealers in the south. They did however have on the lot an IS250 with 18 inch wheels, plus PPVE, spoiler and HID headlamps, but I really have no interest in these options as they add approximately $1800-2100 to the price of the car.

Has anyone had any success finding a base IS250 + PPVE in the South?
Old 05-17-10, 12:23 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jharwood1
I am considering purchasing a 2010 IS250. I test drove the IS250 over the weekend and determined that I could live without all of the bells and whistles, except for the premium package value edition (PPVE). After the test drive I was informed by the salesperson that in the south it would be virtually impossible to find a base IS250 + PPVE.

The salesperson mentioned that Lexus only delivers models with the 18 inch wheels plus various different option packages to dealers in the south. They did however have on the lot an IS250 with 18 inch wheels, plus PPVE, spoiler and HID headlamps, but I really have no interest in these options as they add approximately $1800-2100 to the price of the car.

Has anyone had any success finding a base IS250 + PPVE in the South?

It's a fact that dealers in a given area tend to get cars optioned a specific way... that's how Lexus allocates them.

However 2 things your dealer apparently left out:

1) He can search national inventory for the car you want and if another dealer has it, swap a vehicle of his for that one.

2) He can special order exactly the car you want. If he states this will jack the price up then find a better dealer.

Note that option 2 will involve a wait of 2-4 months while it gets built in Japan and shipped over via cargo ship.
Old 05-17-10, 04:24 PM
jharwood1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the quick reply. I do appreciate it

Originally Posted by Kurtz
It's a fact that dealers in a given area tend to get cars optioned a specific way... that's how Lexus allocates them.

However 2 things your dealer apparently left out:

1) He can search national inventory for the car you want and if another dealer has it, swap a vehicle of his for that one.

2) He can special order exactly the car you want. If he states this will jack the price up then find a better dealer.

Note that option 2 will involve a wait of 2-4 months while it gets built in Japan and shipped over via cargo ship.
Old 05-30-10, 06:37 PM
pokrface
Driver School Candidate

Just wrapped on a sale of a new 2010 IS350 in Houston. Very much wanted to special-order and get the options I wanted, but I need a new vehicle in ~2 weeks and couldn't wait--am starting a new job (unexpectedly, but good-unexpected, not bad-unexpected!) and going from commuting to work w/wife to driving separately.

I approached several dealerships via e-mail and ended up only having to deal with one of them. First one that responded quoted a price of $42,681 on the "standard" configuration, which is base + navigation (NV) + 18" wheels & all-season tires (FL) + Premium Package value edition (PT) + HID lamps (HL) + rear-lip spoiler (LR) + an accessory package (Z1). I wanted lots of different options, and was told that they'd happily order anything I wanted but that it would take a minimum of 120 days to get the car in.

Unfortunately, I can't want that long, so I told the dealer I was disappointed but that if they'd give me the car for $400 over what Edmunds and KBB indicated was their invoice price, I'd still buy. Much to my shock, the dealer agreed immediately--and now I wonder if I should have started even lower I based that figure on the results of the what-did-you-pay thread--the price we agreed on was just a bit over $3500 off MSRP.

Then we talked colors. I'd originally wanted to avoid wood completely, since I can't get over how tacky & plastic-y it looks even in the most luxurious of cars, but that wasn't an option. I wanted smoky granite mica exterior and black/dark gray maple interior (which is the wood that looks least like wood to me). Nearest one of those the dealer could find for me was in CA, and I'm in TX, so we signed papers so I could get the 2.9% financing (ends on Monday) and the car is now being freighted to me. I have the VIN and take delivery in 10-14 days, at which time I'll provide my down payment.

So, IS350 in the US-standard config, and my post-TTL after-tax out-the-door price was $43,150.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL Pricing Thread