Search this Thread

Old 10-11-05, 10:53 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by magneto112
Hold up.

Park Assist - $500

Now is that the Sonar Park Assist with the beeping noise, or is that the backup camera that you have to have the Navi for?? I'm assuming its the Sonar Park Assist. But if you have Navi with the back up camera, do you really need the Sonar Park Assist?? I have used both separately and they work equally as well. I dont see a need to spend the extra $500 bucks if you are equipping your car with Navi.
The rear backup camera is part of the Nav package, not the Park Assist. [page 25 of the dealer education brochure]
Old 10-11-05, 11:02 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
The rear backup camera is part of the Nav package, not the Park Assist. [page 25 of the dealer education brochure]
Yeah thats what I thought. Cool, thanks.
Old 10-11-05, 11:10 AM
LDYNRED
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other dealer installed options

Has anyone been able to get their hands on the pricing for the dealer installed options such as the HKS exhaust, body kit, etc? I just got a call saying my car will be delivered tomorrow but I want to price out everything
Old 10-11-05, 12:54 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Thanks for the all-important option pricing. $43k for your car is a lot considering it isn't even loaded yet. A somewhat loaded IS350 with Premium Luxury Plus w/18's, Nav+ML, Parking Assist and Headlight Washers will cost $35,440 + $4,215 + $3,990 + $500 + $100 = $44,245. And this is without moonroof and PCS/ACC, which will very probably cost another 2-3 grands!!! Any words on how much exactly the moonroof and PCS/ACC will cost?

BTW, ML has to be a stand alone option because states like Hawaii don't get the nav system.
erh, somewhat loaded? How the heck is IS350 w/o PCS somewhat loaded? It already has more options than base GS300 plus faster engine plus VDIM...
Old 10-11-05, 12:58 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
erh, somewhat loaded? How the heck is IS350 w/o PCS somewhat loaded? It already has more options than base GS300 plus faster engine plus VDIM...
Ah, I said "somewhat" exactly because of the lack of the expensive PCS/ACC option, as well as the moonroof which when I made that post I thought wasn't included as a standard equipment (my bad).
Old 10-11-05, 12:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Exactly! Can't please everyone unfortunately.

More cheese for those whining?
Old 10-11-05, 02:25 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Exactly! Can't please everyone unfortunately.

More cheese for those whining?
Make mine cheddar cheese please Seriously though, there is not a single car IMHO out there that can please everyone. Not even an Enzo Ferrari. No car is perfect so it should be expected that the IS come up short for some people while pleasing the others. After all it is just a car made for the masses and not for the individual. Too me, every car is a compromise. It's just a matter of who is willing to compromise more than others on a specific car, or turn to another car that they have to compromise less.
Old 10-11-05, 03:02 PM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Explantion for prices of ML and Nav

Okay, got an explantion from my sales guy on the price discrepancy between ML+Nav (option code VN) versus Nav (NV) and ML (ML) separately.

NV option is just straight nav and backup camera - $2550 (pricey)
ML is availalble for order separately. However, it only includes a 6 disc CD changer WITHOUT DVD-Audio/DVD-Video/DTS/Dolby Digital playback - hence it is just the amp/speaker upgrade, double hence the sub $1K option price.

If you get the VN option - the system is upgraded to include a 6 disc DVD changer with DVD-A/V, DTS, and Dolby Digital playback ability and hence the ~$500 cost increase.

Now the only question remains - If you don't care about playing DVD-Audio discs or watching DVD movies in your car, will Lexus allow you to special order a car with NV and ML, as opposed to the more pricey VN option? Personally, I don't think I would ever do that, but I am seriously considering going the ML only route at this point to keep the car under 40K.

Last edited by Ratman009; 10-11-05 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-11-05, 03:08 PM
jrock65
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ratman009
Okay, got an explantion from my sales guy on the price discrepancy between ML+Nav (option code VN) versus Nav (NV) and ML (ML) separately.

ML is availalble for order separately. However, it only includes a 6 disc CD changer WITHOUT DVD-Audio/DVD-Video/DTS/Dolby Digital playback - hence it is just the amp/speaker upgrade, double hence the sub $1K option price.

If you get the VN option - the system is upgraded to include a 6 disc DVD changer with DVD-A/V, DTS, and Dolby Digital playback ability and hence the ~$500 cost increase.

Now the only question remains - If you don't care about playing DVD-Audio discs or watching DVD movies in your car, will Lexus allow you to special order a car with NV and ML, as opposed to the more pricey VN option? Personally, I don't think I would ever do that, but I am seriously considering going the ML only route at this point to keep the car under 40K.
Thanks for that info. Makes sense.

On another note, is it possible to get just the Premium Luxury Package (Wood + heated/ventilated seats, estimated at $1000)?

IMO, the wood substantially increases the look of the interior. Without it, the interior looks like any other car, especially without the screen.
Old 10-11-05, 03:10 PM
ivanpetrov
Driver School Candidate

damn my DVD-audio addiction! thought i could save a bundle
Old 10-11-05, 03:29 PM
LexusIS350
Driver School Candidate

Default No way

Originally Posted by Ratman009

That can't be true. I recalled watching the short video clip provided by Flipside909, that the ML system could play DVD movies such as Star Wars.
Old 10-11-05, 03:32 PM
heyheyhey
Rookie

the Park Assist is different from the rear view camera.
The park assist shows you a diagram of the car in the navigation screen and shows how close you get to an object from the front left/right corners, and front. and the same in the back. You have to go to the park assist menu in the navi first. Atleast thats what its like in the new GS.
Old 10-11-05, 04:15 PM
Erick G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the IS the park assist shows a little outline in the right top corner of the nav with lighted area's depending how close you are. No need to hit any menu buttons.
Old 10-11-05, 04:31 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Erick G
In the IS the park assist shows a little outline in the right top corner of the nav with lighted area's depending how close you are. No need to hit any menu buttons.
You have to initiate the PA. That's what the button on the steering wheel is for.

Lexus Intuitive Parking Assist (IS 350/IS 250 RWD & AWD)
• Uses ultrasonic sensors to detect obstacles at the front, rear and
corners of the vehicle; informs driver of obstacle detection via the
multi-information display, the 7-inch multi-display or by sounding
a buzzer
Old 10-11-05, 06:29 PM
Ratman009
Driver

Default Yeah, and that was a ML+NAV car (code VN)

Originally Posted by LexusIS350
That can't be true. I recalled watching the short video clip provided by Flipside909, that the ML system could play DVD movies such as Star Wars.
That's why it could play the Return of the Jedi DVD in the video. It also had the logos on the stereo for DVD-A/V DTS, etc.

Last edited by Ratman009; 10-11-05 at 06:31 PM. Reason: oops

Quick Reply: IS350 Option Pricing