IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No ML or PCS 'til next year!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 10:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Hmmm more cheese for the whining. I bet you I can count at least 100 posts of the same types of complaints...and by the same people over and over again. Better yet, order from a reputable source and put your order in now. Don't wait for cars to just come off the truck from Long Beach. Order it now and be patient.

Just wait until the car is actually being sold and actually being shipped to your local lots. Don't believe everything your local dealership salesperson says because they will tell you anything to buy a car on the spot. Most of them don't even know what a "Multi Function Display" is or what "ECT PWR" means for the New IS. I guarantee most of these salespeople think the New IS has a screen for the non-nav models. And this last fact I mentioned was mentioned to me by a Lexus of Stevens Creek employee when I was there for EOS v.4 2 weekends ago. I laughed to myself and nodded my head in disbelief.
Old 10-13-05, 07:09 AM
Sam Khoury
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flipside909
Don't believe everything your local dealership salesperson says because they will tell you anything to buy a car on the spot. Most of them don't even know what a "Multi Function Display" is or what "ECT PWR" means for the New IS.
I agree 100%. It's amazing to me how much stock people put into what salespeople say, whether it's a car dealer, a local electronics store, etc. I'm amazed that people don't do any research when they buy expensive items like cars. Most salespeople here don't think about long term relationships with their customers, they only care about making the current sale and selling you whatever they have in stock at that moment. Imagine how pissed off TimbolS would have been if he had simply listened to his salesperson and purchased whatever they had coming into the dealer and then a month later, he reads or meets someone that has an IS350 with ML. It's not like the dealer would let him return it for for a full refund.

When I leased my GS300 SportDesign in 2002, I was looking for one with Nav and ML and they were hard to find at the time since it was the end of the model year. I had called a dealership in NJ and they told me they had one in stock. I left a deposit over the phone and when I went to see the car 3 days before my old lease was over, it turned out to be a non Nav/non ML car. There was no navigation screen at all in the car so that should make it pretty obvious that it's a non Nav car. I couldn't believe the sales person would make such a mistake but that showed me how little they know about what they sell. In their defense, the dealership tracked down the car for me at another dealer in Virginia and made an exchange for one of their cars and honored the price they quoted me.
Old 10-13-05, 07:16 AM
GonzoBuggs
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me like Lexus isnt so in touch with their customers. I have also heard the argument against ML. One dealer said it would price the car too close to the GS and no one would want it. Many seem to think the standard stero is good enough. Good enough for whom? Certainly most/many, but not all.

I'm sure the people here who want ML arent in the majority, but they are people with a lot of money on the table. I understand why Lexus is being nimble about their first allocations, but you would think they could streamline the order process so they could drop a few options into a car already on the production line and get it out in 30 days or less.

120 days is a long time to wait for someone ready to buy a car now.

+ This is a unique offering and people might be forced to wait.

- As soon as something else is able to compete with this vehicle, people will look elsewhere.