IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No ML or PCS 'til next year!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-05, 03:41 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Default No ML or PCS 'til next year!

I've had my deposit down for 4 months now for a loaded 350 (Perf pkg, Nav, ML, PCS, PA, HW). I just got off the phone with my salesperson at Steven's Creek Lexus, and he says no ML or PCS until next year. Says likely looking at April or May '06 if I wanted to special order.

This is unbelievable. Can anyone confirm this? Or do they just trying to sell me a car form stock?

Anyone else in the Bay Area looking for ML, and getting any answers?

Last edited by TimboIS; 10-12-05 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-12-05, 03:43 PM
jmcphillip
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know about PCS but the mark levinson comment is not true they will be here in a few weeks
Old 10-12-05, 03:45 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

The IS350 I called in about today (saw it outside a dealer) had ML. So I find it hard to believe Steven's Creek, a pretty sizable dealer, won't have them for 6 months or more.
Old 10-12-05, 04:51 PM
flnsx
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Not in Florida. Just saw a LOADED one.

Buy from out of state dude.
Old 10-12-05, 05:08 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by flnsx
Not in Florida. Just saw a LOADED one.

Buy from out of state dude.
What options? What was the price, that will determine if it's really loaded?
Old 10-12-05, 05:17 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sigh, California is such a huge market for Lexus and they don't seem to value that. Californians now have no choice but to travel out of state just to get the ML option, or they have to wait 3 (or very possibly many more) months. I still can't believe it. This is just ridiculous. Why do they have to make the buying experience such a PITA?

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-12-05 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-12-05, 05:26 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

You want ridiculous, go check out the newly released Canadian pricing. An IS350 starts at 3k more than a BMW 330i.
Old 10-12-05, 05:34 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by picus
You want ridiculous, go check out the newly released Canadian pricing. An IS350 starts at 3k more than a BMW 330i.
I think pricing is one thing, but the unavailability of such a highly desirable option is quite another thing that is just so much more unacceptable. Lexus is about luxury, and luxury isn't about pricing low, but about a total luxury experience. And having to waste time traveling out of state or waste time waiting for a special order simply isn't.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-12-05 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-12-05, 05:56 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I think pricing is one thing, but the unavailability of such a highly desirable option is quite another thing that is just so much more unacceptable. Lexus is about luxury, and luxury isn't about pricing low, but about a total luxury experience. And having to waste time traveling out of state or waste time waiting for a special order simply isn't.
OK, I hear that, and agree.

Although I don't think anyone up here is going to be buying them in or out of state at 60k loaded.
Old 10-12-05, 05:57 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
...Californians now have no choice but to travel out of state just to get the ML option...
I don't think travelling out of state will help. I don't think you can legally buy out of state and bring the car to CA. (1) most out of state dealers won't sell to you, (2) you'll have to pay CA sales tax when you register it (which you've likely paind in the buying state), (3) the whole CA emissions thing.
Old 10-12-05, 06:25 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I don't think travelling out of state will help. I don't think you can legally buy out of state and bring the car to CA.
Here is the rule: brand new cars must be sold in Cali to be registered in Cali due to emmissions testing.

If you want to purchase a car outside of Cali, you must first register it in that state (best done if you have a second residence outside of Cali), then transfer registration to Cali. However, you can only register a "used" car from out of state if it has more than 7500 miles (you better start driving it...). There are three exceptions: (1) you recieved the car as a inheritance or divorce settlement (no gifts), (2) you served in the military while in the state you purchased the car, or (3) if you purchased the car to replace your stolen CA-registered car when travelling out of state.

Good luck finding a way to get it to Cali (legally)!
Old 10-12-05, 06:28 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I've had my deposit down for 4 months now for a loaded 350 (Perf pkg, Nav, ML, PCS, PA, HW). I just got off the phone with my salesperson at Steven's Creek Lexus, and he says no ML or PCS until next year. Says likely looking at April or May '06 if I wanted to special order.

This is unbelievable. Can anyone confirm this? Or do they just trying to sell me a car form stock?

Anyone else in the Bay Area looking for ML, and getting any answers?
no special order until spring sounds suspiciously as if they are trying to sell you the car right away :-).
I suggest you call around...
Old 10-12-05, 06:28 PM
brewkp4
Pole Position

Does anyone know what the rules are for North Carolina? I go to college in NC and live in CO.....
Old 10-12-05, 06:49 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Originally Posted by spwolf
no special order until spring sounds suspiciously as if they are trying to sell you the car right away :-).
I suggest you call around...
Yeah. I called Lexus corp. They said to try another dealer. Seems like a bad situation if that's their recommendation to solve the problem / confusion.
Old 10-12-05, 10:00 PM
artie00
Rookie

Hey first post here. I actually went to Stevens Creek tonight to check out the IS. I had called earlier and the guy said he had both the 230 and 350. When I went down there, only the 250 was there and the salesguy I met had no clue about pricing or options on the IS (even though pricing has been out since yesterday). Then I decided to go to Magnussen Lexus in Fremont. They had both the 250 and 350 to test drive. The 350 is a rocket!! That car has crazy acceleration. The salesman also said that no ML until the summer to me. Reason he gave me was that ppl would pay for the $40K car and would be turned off by the $43K with ML. I was surprised by that since reading from you guys that ML is in high demand. Forgot to bring a CD so I couldn't get a gauge on the Pioneer system. Just my input.

Quick Reply: No ML or PCS 'til next year!